1999 Mitsubishi Galant

$146–$5,766

Overall

Overlooked Value

by BrianS from Portland, OR | February 7, 2014

I bought this car from my wife's grandmother when she could no longer drive. It has the 4 cylinder, but I was pleasantly surprised by the power it had. I also really like the aggressive look of the grill and headlights. This car has been nothing but reliable. Owned for 4 years now and average between 25-30MPG in mixed driving. This car requires very little mechanical attention. I change the oil every 3000 miles and give it gas, period. I can't understand why Mitsubishi isn't more popular. This car is a 10!

Most Reliable Car I've Owned

by Reliable car enthusiast from Chicago area | May 29, 2012

This has the 3.0 liter engine and I've owned it for 4 years. It's a great vehicle, the 195HP V6 does a great job with the engine and trans being flawless. From my experience: great handling, great performance, decent gas mileage, comfortable interior, excellent brakes, fun to drive. At 155,000 miles, I've had to replace the radiator, engine pulleys, timing belt, rear shocks and rear stabilizer links. The body and paint are fine except for the leading edge of the hood rusting.

Ridiculous

by Ozzie from Plattsmouth,NE | April 4, 2012

This car is RIDICULOUSLY reliable. Unfortunately, money would be tight so I wouldn't be able to get the repairs when absolutely necessary but it still ran like a charm. Mine is a little banged up from a hit and run accident but other than that this car is excellent. I foresee it running for at least another 5 years or so. I like the look of the rear but the front isn't too pretty, in my opinion and the rims come off way too easy. I have never seen a 99 Galant with all of it's rims.

Well-Performing, Very Reliable, Sporty

by Galant Owner from | July 18, 2010

Great vehicle, the 195HP V6 does a great job pulling the sleek, styled body of this car around. From my experience: Great Handling, Great Performance, Comfortable Interior, Excellent Safety, Good Gas Mileage, Fun to Drive.

Reliable Car

by Car Expert from Gainesville | August 30, 2009

We have had this car for the last 2 years now and extremely happy with its performance and how reliable it is. 2400cc engine definitely makes a difference, its smooth handling and still very well functioning AC are plus

Not thrilling, but not bad

by 99 Galant from Wilmington, DE | February 17, 2008

I have owned my 99 for 8 years! There have been no major problems, and it still runs well. It also is a good looking car. I have the V4, and it is smooth, has had more than adequate power, not exciting power, but good enough. It has a good feel to the steering. CD player, power windows, nice sunroof, basic stuff. In conclusion-Luxury, no. A decent and reliable car with most of the basics covered, yes!

Great car, if you don't care how it looks!

by Fobe from Lima, OH | May 2, 2007

I bought my 99' Galant used, and loved it at first sight. It was sporty, fun, and pretty! BUT, in the 3 yrs since buying it, the paint has turned from black to grey, and now grey to white. It is embarrassing to drive now, even though it handles almost as good as it did 50,000 miles ago. I would not recommend this car to a friend, because I know they would have to spend money on a new paint job, like I am now ($1200.00). But if it weren't for the bad paint - I'd recommend this car to anyone!

Best Car I've Ever Owned

by Muscle Car Motorhead from Orlando,FL | February 7, 2007

This car was so reliable to me. I love to travel far distances and this car kept up with me. The transmission, clutch, carborator and every other standard part was fit and ready to go all the time. This is the perfect car for anybody who loves to drive. It will keep up with you and leave you wanting to drive it some more. I'd give this vehicle an A+ and maybe another + just to be satisfied.

Featured Services for this Mitsubishi Galant