2000 Mitsubishi Galant

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Very reliable

by Diane from Portland Oregon | December 11, 2011

Overall this car is fantastic. Mine has 180K on it after almost 12 years. Ive owned it for 4 years and never had any issues until this year (12/2011) I had to change the coils but I guess its expected with so many miles on it. Ive basically just done routine maintance on it and I have kept up the regular oil changes and thats about it. I had to have it towed a few weeks ago and the tow truck driver said he NEVER sees a Mitusbishi on the back of his tow truck. I took that to mean that Mitsubishi is reliable and hardly ever breaks down.

Fun car to drive

by Pete from New York, NY | January 19, 2011

I bought this car new in 2000 (LS V6). It's been 11 years and 125,000 miles now and the car still runs well. I did all maintenance as per the manual. It has plenty of power (195 HP). Had to spend about $2,500 in repairs over the last 11 years. It runs great even at speeds over 90 MPH.

Sweet n Simple

by Scott de Boston from Boston, MA | August 18, 2009

What a great car, I've owned it for a year and a half now, and it has never let me down. I have the inline 4 ES so I don't have much power at my feet but that's not why I bought it. It fills its role flawlessly, getting from point A to B without issue. It also has good styling in an out, never looks old, is comfortable, and will get you to speed merging onto the highway quite quickly. All of this is, of course, compared to other similar models with the same role. I love mine, it's never let me down.

Wonderful Car

by Chris from Maryland,Virginia,Texas | May 25, 2009

I bought this car brand new in 2000 with the V6 engine. 9 years and 220,000 miles later it still looks and runs almost like new. Never had any maintenance issues. A very tight car. The most comfortable car I've ever driven. The styling and performance of the ES V6 are timeless. People can't beleive this car is a 2000! It has been a wonderful vehicle to own.

Good performance

by Vicky from NJ | July 21, 2007

I agree with all reviewers here. This is a nice car to own. This has proved to be reliable and value of money car for me.

Good Machine

by Craig from NV | February 25, 2007

My 2000 Galant is nothing but no hassle car. I've driven this for over 80k and there was normal maintaineance which is normally levied in all cars. Handling is really good and mileage is in 20's. I would recommend this car to everyone. Cheers

Solid transportation

by Soup from Wyoming | January 15, 2007

Not as tight as a Honda or Toyota, but not nearly as much money either. Our 2000 has over 100,000 miles with no problems; just regular maintenance. Gas mileage is mid-20's in town and 28-29 on the highway. Power from the 4 cylinder is more than adequate. Handling is much better than any domestic brand vehicle. There have been some small rattles and squeeks. I expect this to go to 200,000 without any major failure.

One of the best driven car

by John from Dallas | November 13, 2006

Its awesome car...No problem at all for the last two years..minimum maintainance and fun to drive in the city.

toyota corolla

by steve from california | August 27, 2006

I love this car and I put many miles on to this corolla. Never had any problem with it. It keep on moving and takes me everywhere.

Featured Services for this Mitsubishi Galant