2001 Mitsubishi Galant

$618–$5,718

Overall

First Car

by Ladee from GA | November 14, 2013

My first car was a 2001 Mitsubishi Galant GTZ. I got it from my sister second-hand. It was in very good condition but I ragged the heck out of that car! I loved every minute. She was quick and reliable until about 120,000 miles. Around then the transmission went out and had to get a new one. Got a new timing belt around 80,000 miles. Overall, a great car. I'd recommend one to anyone. It will always be my baby! My adult car I just purchased a few weeks ago is a Kia Optima SXT-GDI.

I DON'T KNOW WHAT TO SAY

by RGIERS from PLAINFIELD, IL | February 11, 2013

IVE OWNED MY CAR FOR ABOUT A WEEK IT RUNS RUFF WHEN I START IT UP IT SHIFTS OK IT RIDES PRETTY SMOOTH BUT IT SEEMS LIKE THE ENGINE RUNS RUFF WHEN I FIRST START IT

Love the car even 100k Miles later!

by Long time Galant owner from Bonita Springs, FL | May 21, 2008

I bought this car about 4 years ago with 35,000 and put about 100k on it. The car is the ES V6 Galant. The car handles well in rain and has good pick up on the highway. I bought the car for its looks and luckly it has ran very well. My only major problem with the car was that my trasmittion went out at 120k miles. I put over 200k on my toyota without any major problems. However even with replacing the transmittion I’ve spent less on the mitsubishi than I did with the Toyota. The toyota’s AC went out 4 times and had several minor repairs while the Galant was just regular mantainance until the transmittion. I’m about to sell the Galant and I will be very said to see it go. The only reason I’m selling it is because it’s starting to show it’s age and mileage. It still rides like it did when I bought it. I wish the new Galant did not look stupid or else I’d buy it again. Great car highly recommend!!!!

Won't get a better deal

by TheMitsMan from Louisville, KY | November 30, 2007

I've owned this car for more than two years now and it has NOT given me ONE PROBLEM. It not only has a great sporty look with four doors, but it also drives GREAT, and it's really easy to work on. I'm willing to keep mine for as far as it goes and I, wouldn't change it for camry or an accord.

So far, so good

by GFan from Kansas City | August 26, 2007

The great thing about buying a used Galant is that you get a vehicle that gets very respectable reliability ratings, yet the depreciation is terrible. I would never buy one of these new, but I got a great deal on a beautifully maintained 2001 ES about a month ago. And it's a pretty nice car to drive too. Not a ton of power, but enough to do what it needs to do. The ride is surprisingly smooth for an import. It can get a tad noisy during hard acceleration, but its tolerable. I only put 3 stars on the reliability measure because I haven't owned it long enough to really have an opinion on that. I really think the cars.com folks should give a "not applicable" option. You can't really get a good impression of a car's reliability until you've owned a car for at least a year if not more. And supposedly anyone who has driven a car (but not necessarily owned) can fill one of these out.

THE BEST!

by mitsfan4lyfe from Tucson, AZ | July 10, 2007

This car is so reliable. Its a nice car for a small family or a college student. I really like the ES-V6 in particular. Its a very powerful small car, and is good on mileage. I would recomend this car to any looking for a car.

Bang for the buck!

by I love my Gal from Salt Lake City, UT | June 2, 2007

I have had my es for 2 years now and have loved it. Runs great, low maintenance, and looks impressive. Its good gas mileage, and has power when I need it. A/C works flawlessly. Great alternative to the Accord, Camry, and Altima.

A Pleasurable and Reliable Automobile

by Car lover from Lexington, Ohio | November 24, 2006

I have had the Galant ES for over 25000 miles and I am very happy with this car. It is responsive, reliable and economical. I have enjoyed its features with no glitches in them whatsoever. It looks sharp and it rides well on the highway with plenty of power when I have needed it.

Awesome ride

by AuroraStreetCustom from Aurora, CO | October 31, 2006

I have a GTZ model as my daily-driver and love the thing. I've added many performance and visual mods to make the car truly awesome. It's extremely reliable, fun to drive, and a good looking whip.

The Sedan with a Sporty Twist

by styles from Los Angeles, C.A | August 7, 2006

I have had my Galant for 5 years and I have not had any major problems with the vehicle. The car is well made. The only thing I have to say about the vehicle is that it does let you know when it needs special repairs and be ready to pay a couple of hundred dollars to repair. But once you have repaired it, the vehicle will run. I also found that my galant, es, runs better with the 89 octane gas and not the 87. It also prefers Chevron, Shell or 76 over any other brand gas. It seats 4 comfortably but 5 can fit if everyone is on the medium end. Gas mileage is good if you put gas addetives in the tank. I usually get 300 miles to a tank. The wind noise is about average. The engine noise is also average, but I did notice when I would add an additive to the oil, the engine ran a little quieter.

Featured Services for this Mitsubishi Galant