2002 Mitsubishi Galant

$870–$6,454

Overall

Rust Bucket

by Mike from Kentucky | April 15, 2014

I bought this car approximately 2-3 years ago, and before I start I'd like to say that the car is fairly reliable. I don't know how the previous owner took care of it, it was a one owner vehicle, but the paint was faded and the dash has a big crack down the middle of it, the dealership says that has to do with it being in the Florida sun. I got a good deal on the car but after the first rain I noticed why I got a good deal on it. I dunno if this is a rare issue or if its common but I had my mechanic investigate why that when it rained that the floor board would be soaking wet with no sunroof. He showed me that apparently there were several spots in the firewall that had rusted out, exposing the inside of the car, and thats where the water was coming from. Other than that the only other major issues I've had with the car is the catalytic converter went out and the power window motor went out on the drivers side. The car is fairly comfortable. I've gone on a few trips with it and didn't experience much discomfort and it did fairly good on gas considering the catalytic converter doesn't work.

Nothing but the best.....

by The Realtor from Belleville, Il 62220 | July 2, 2012

I have owned everything from a Cadillac Seville to a Chevrolet Corvair....however the Mitsubishi Galant was one of the best buys I have ever made. The car gets awesome gas mileage, runs well and never gave me pause about taking a trip. For 10 years now, as I wasn't able to buy another, this car has been awesome in every way. Not a very expensive car, in price, but absolutely worth a million in so many ways.

Thrill to drive

by USAirmanTX from | April 25, 2012

I remember when I first test drove the car, going down the highway. The "Get up and go" was amazing with the 3 litre V6 and the overall handling was phenomenal. I fell in love with the car by the time we got back to the dealership. At 4.5 years and over 100,000 miles later, it's still a match made in heaven. I am so glad we got this car and I hope I never have to get another car again.

ES

by Jeff from Minnesota | October 2, 2011

Bought the car about three months ago, the car is not fast by anymeans, the 4-cyl seems to have trouble the car is pretty heavy. The ride is fantasic tho any understeer is pretty managable very comfortable on rough minnesota roads, not the fastest or funnest car kinda vannila but the car does what you ask of it and nothing more.

Great commuter car

by Turk from Chicago, IL | February 10, 2011

I've had my Mitsubishi for 4 years now, I drive it to the train and home again each day. It's perfect for the short trips every day, I've never had a problem with it. The interior styling is very nice and adding the spoiler on the back gives it a sporty look. My 3 kids fit in the back seat, all are out of car seats now, if they were still in them they would not fit. The trunk has plenty of space for golf clubs plus the soccer ball bags there are always in there. The handling in the snow isn't the best, but it's manageable as long as you know about it. Another down side is the gas gauge seems to sit on full for a long time but after it starts moving south it flies. Overall I'd recommend the Galant as a good car for a small family or for the parent who's not lugging the kids around.

LOVE THIS CAR

by Hotmama from Minneapolis, MN | May 18, 2009

I love it! I have never had any problems and it easily fits 2 car seats! It is a smooth ride and quite! I love it!!

great car

by billl from bill town | December 15, 2007

i love this car ive had it for about 3 years and its great ive put about 120000 miles on it and ive only had minor problems , i would recomend this car to newrer drivers

Excellent gas mileage!

by Galant Lover from Detroit, MI | August 27, 2007

This car is comfortable, easy to drive and gets excellent gas mileage. No mechanical problems in entire 6 years I have owned it. Handles well in wintry conditions.

Great Family Car that doesn't kill me at the pump!

by Wells from Ashley, IN | June 8, 2007

I love my Galant GTZ! I was traveling to Oklahoma when the car I was drivings engine blew! 500 miles into a 1000 mile trip! What to do! I stopped at a local dealership and said I want something good on gas, fast, and safe for my daughter. The galant GTZ beat out everything else I looked at by at least 10 times! Side aribags, powerful V6, and gorgeous in BLACK! It's been getting an average of 29.5 MPG on that 1000 Mile trip I take at least once a year! That's amazing! I hope everyone enjoys this AMERICAN BUILT car as much as I do!

Perfect First car

by Vinny from Eastern PA | April 26, 2007

I bought this car with 46,000 miles on it when i was 17 after a half of a year with a 92 Saturn Twincam which was small and fun but not a good sedan after 15 years. This car offers everything I wanted,nothing more and nothing less. It offered great abilities for customization which I did a few. The spoiler is a must if you want the sport look, the factory one can be found almost anywhere online for about $200. Tinted windows also look nice on it. It also has good audio specifications with 6 1/2 front speakers and 6x9's in the back if you want to go with audio upgrades. I only have the 4 cycl. version which is all is necessary. The car is terrible for racing due to its extremely heavy weight so no need for a more expensive and gas guzzling 6 cycl. Mitsubishi engines last forever so im hopin to get at least 200,000 miles or 6 more years. So far its a great buy and runs great. I had one complaint about the brakes, they squeal like they need to be replaced but I have takin them to dealer many times only to be told my brakes are good and there is nothing wrong so I assume i just have a very cheap brand of breaks on them and I wont know until i need brakes again and put real good ones on then. I was also rear ended my first summer having it. It was hit pretty hard but only recieved a small mark on the bumper so no real problem. Its a perfect first car for a college student and extremely safe car also has enough zip to have fun with it packed with friends!

Featured Services for this Mitsubishi Galant