2012 Mitsubishi i-MiEV

126 city / 99 hwy

Overall

An excellent electric car

by New Electric Car Driver from Saint Petersburg, FL | July 15, 2014

The Mitsubishi i-Miev is an excellent electric car! I purchased my i-Miev approximately 6 weeks ago and I am extremely happy with the car. By purchasing the car very lightly used I was able to maintain the same car payment as my previous gas car while enjoying far lower operating costs. No gas, very little maintenance! And if you do need maintenance Mitsubishi 100% stands behind its products. If you routinely drive 50 miles or less per day you should have an electric car, and the i-Miev is the best electric car for the price.

I'm amazed

by Barry from Idaho Falls, ID | July 2, 2013

The chairs are more comfortable than my [other vehicles] I had. I was surprised how light the back bench was when I was checking out the stashed tire repair kit. The performance is extremely peppy around town and still does 80mph on the freeway (um… for passing reasons…). This is a great duty and around town car. If you want to go cross country, it’s not made for that. In the summer I’ve been getting close to 80miles/charge. People sure notice the styling. It sort of says “I’m all electric”. The interior is basic; which is no problem for me. With the big sale plus the fed tax credit, this becomes cheaper than the cheapest gas cars. And then there’s no more gas fillups! Electricity is cheaper than gas. No more oil changes. The only maintenance is check your tires, brakes, washer fluid, brake fluid, and motor coolant fluid. No more timing belts! No more spark plugs, spark plug wires, tuneups. No more catalytic converters! I like the 100,000 mile battery warranty. And these vehicles have been out in the world since 2009 with hardly any problems. Each battery cell gets charge to 3.9V. That’s probably why they last longer than the [other competitor] who charge to 4.1V and now have to lease their batteries. I don’t miss the gas stations.

Love this car.

by CaMiEV from San Diego | April 6, 2013

I loved this car for short trip around the city. You can zip in and zip out very easily. We have 2 kids so it work out perfectly. The back seats are big even with the 2 car seats. The car is tall for more head room. Great visibility. You fell like you drive a SUV MiEV advantage for Leaf as I see it: More cargo, fun looking shape, better battery, cheaper (with all promos for US market). Leaf compete well and won this round, but here is your chance to own an EV for very good price. Many used one I saw sell for 15K-18K. Suppose you buy MiEV for $21500. Take $9500 tax credit in CA. So your cost in only 12K. You can drive for 2 years and sell back about 15K. That is a deal.

I Love This Car

by Plug Me In from Los Angeles | November 19, 2012

This is a great "get around" car. I drive a 40 mile round trip commute and charge up my i-MiEV overnight from a regular house electric outlet. No gas, no oil changes and get ride. If you're looking for a great SECOND car, this is it.

Fun to Drive Go Getter

by sandman from Montreal, Quebec, Canada | September 4, 2012

Very versatile comfortable car, on the commute, running chores, or out to dinner, you get there economically and in style. Once you are familiar with the distances you drive on your regular routes, The range limit anxiety is gone Then you get comfortable planning longer & longer trips with stops using public charging stations. Two drivers, 5000 km in 2 months, and we're loving it

A Great Car

by MIEV from San Antonio, TX | August 26, 2012

The i-MiEV is not getting the respect it deserves. It is a fine car. It is great for in town use, and the cost to operate is extemely low. Go test drive one.

The EV is back and with a vengeance

by Niagara EV Driver from Niagara Region, NY | August 14, 2012

I have owned this car for six weeks and have enjoyed every minute of it. There is nothing like drivng an electric car, they are so smooth, quiet and comfortable. Not having to pay for gasoline or routine maintenance is a huge reason I bought this car. Mitsubishi did an outstanding job on bringing this car to North America, we get a wider version that is safer and more comfortable and gets a great NHTSA rating of 4 stars. This car is fully equipped with all of the latest safety technology like six airbags and active stability control. I use the car for my daily commute of 45 km (27 miles) each way putting on over 100 kilometers daily and still have plenty of range left. The car is very quiet and comfortable for this type of driving, I like the interior is like the op art funky seat fabric. I don't find anything cheap or lacking in this car. It may not be as fancy as the competitors but I'm also not paying $6k more for those fancy features. I got it a great price and took advantage of government subsidies to pay for it. Along with my trade in and the amount I used to pay for gas, this car is very affordable. The amount I used to pay for service is now money I can put towards going out more often.