Mitsubishi's Lancer Evolution performance sedan uses a 291-horsepower turbocharged engine and features a standard all-wheel-drive system that features three selectable modes for various surfaces. Public enemy No. 1 is Subaru's WRX STI.
New for 2010
A well-equipped MR Touring trim level is new for 2010 and includes a moonroof, leather upholstery, heated front seats and automatic headlights. Subtle styling changes include revised taillights and a new antenna.
Mitsubishi says the Evolution's shark like nose was inspired by the air intakes on fighter jets. The current Lancer's forward-leaning stance is already one of the more aggressive shapes among compact cars, and the Evolution looks even more so.
- Standard grille with dark mesh insert
- Standard 18-inch wheels
- Large spoiler optional
- Aluminum hood, fenders, bumpers and roof
- Optional xenon headlights
- MR model with Bilstein shocks, Eibach springs, enhanced brakes and BBS wheels
The interior looks similar to the regular Lancer's, except it has heavily bolstered Recaro racing seats.
- Standard automatic climate control, power windows and locks, a six-speaker CD stereo and cruise control
- Standard audio controls on the steering wheel
- Optional Rockford Fosgate audio system
- Optional navigation system
Under the Hood
The Lancer Evolution's optional twin-clutch automated manual works much like Volkswagen's DSG gearbox, with the next gear at hand as soon as the previous gear is released. This is designed to produce lightning-fast shifts, which are performed automatically or with paddle shifters on the steering wheel. The transmission offers three shift programs: Normal, Sport and S-Sport. Sport holds lower gears longer and shifts more quickly than Normal, while S-Sport optimizes performance for the racetrack.
- 291-hp, 2.0-liter four-cylinder that makes 300 pounds-feet of torque
- Standard five-speed manual transmission
- Optional six-speed twin-clutch automated manual
Standard safety features include:
- Driver's knee airbag
- Side-impact airbags for the front seats
- Side curtain airbags for both rows of seats
- Four-wheel-disc antilock brakes
- Electronic stability system
People Who Viewed This Car Also Viewed
Closest Dealers Listing this Car
Featured Services for the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution
- Sell your current car quickly and easily on Cars.com.