2012 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution

17 city / 22–23 hwy

Overall

Wicked is White

by AIM WO4 from Denver, CO | August 13, 2013

I spent a lot of time looking for a car with a stick and passing power (i.e., Mazdaspeed3, etc). The Evo unexpectedly has more rear leg room behind my driver seat, then other cars; attribute this to where I need to adjust the driver's seat in order to accommodate my physique. The Ford Escort and Mazdaspeed3 had very little leg room after I got comfortable in the driver's seat. This car loves the high revs. If you just try to take it easy, it will fight you. The tranny is only smooth up top. Take your time shifting at lower RPMs. The ride is hard and the car isn't quiet. I swapped out the tires for All-season DWSs. Snow is not a problem. If you enjoy driving, the Evo is for you. Favorite Features I don't like extras. I do like the USB port & Bluetooth feature. Love the look of my Wicked White car (I didn't like white cars until this). Awesome Traction! Passing Power! 0-60 in less than 5 sec. Cornering is incredible on the stock tires; almost as good on the All-seasons. Interior Recarro seats. 4 Doors. (I have 2 booster seats in the back) Headroom. (No need for telescoping wheel) The basic 140 Watt stereo is plenty. Suggested Improvements I took out the spare tire and redesigned my trunk layout; increased cargo capacity. Option to delete the rear wing. A 6th gear. Turbo boost gauge (For some - I don't need it.)

Closer to a dedicated track car than a street car.

by WRC Fan from Atlanta,GA | October 2, 2012

If you appreciate driving a car designed for the track on the street and want to fly under the radar, you may enjoy this car. Don't expect it to be smooth, quiet nor comfortable. You probably will not impress your friends and you will be at the gas station more than most new full size trucks. But if you really enjoy driving a car designed specifically to perform with very little daily driver compromises, this is a very fun car. See you at the track. PS, you may want to remove the huge rear wing in order to truly travel unnoticed.

Performance first

by evo-owner from PA | March 6, 2012

The only mistake that Mitsu made with the Evo X is to add the luxury accessories - e.g. cruise control, AC, Power windows/locks, bluetooth, radio, etc. This is a performance car and if you're looking for comfort please get into the right lane and keep driving your minivan on the highway leaving the backroads alone.

The Cost-Efficient Multi-Function Car

by Kikibombon from | December 26, 2011

I found this car extremely useful. It's cost is pretty low for such a powerful engine and the fact that it can seat 5 people at once is wonderful. I transport my family with it and I love the fact that it has full wheel drive for those nasty offroad pathways. It is a truly excellent car and the only thing I would like changed is it's fuel capacity, tho the fuel economy is excellent as well. I also love how it's available both in automatic and manual transmission. The look of the car is breathtaking close-up. This is the perfect car for me.