2013 Mitsubishi Lancer
Starting MSRP $15,995–$28,095
The compact Lancer sedan line covers several bases for Mitsubishi, from the entry-level DE to the sportier ES and all-wheel-drive SE and performance-oriented GT and all-wheel-drive Ralliart. The Lancer family includes the rally-inspired Evolution sedan and Sportback five-door hatchback, which are covered in separate reports in the Cars.com Research section.
The Lancer competes with compacts such as the Ford Focus, Honda Civic, Mazda3 and Nissan Sentra.
New for 2013
The all-wheel-drive SE model, added for 2012, gains an optional Premium Package that includes a leather-wrapped steering wheel, Rockford Fosgate premium stereo, satellite radio and a power sunroof — features that weren't offered last year — plus new standard alloy wheels.
A forward-leaning grille serves as the focal point for the front of the car. The Ralliart version is more aggressive, with a gaping grille opening and a subtle scoop in its aluminum hood. Exterior features include:
- Standard 16-inch wheels
- Available 18-inch wheels
- Optional bi-xenon high-intensity-discharge headlights (GT, Ralliart)
- Available rear-wing spoiler
The Lancer sedan seats up to five and comes with a 60/40-split folding rear seat except on the base DE model. A navigation system with a 30-gigabyte hard drive and backup camera is optional on the GT and Ralliart. Air conditioning is standard except on the DE. Interior features include:
- Odor-absorbing headliner
- Available USB port
- Chrome accents (GT, Ralliart)
Optional heated leather seats (GT, Ralliart)
Under the Hood
The Lancer is available with a variety of engine and transmission choices. The SE and Ralliart have all-wheel drive, and other Lancer sedans come with front-wheel drive. Mechanical features include:
- 2.0-liter four-cylinder engine makes 148 horsepower in the DE and ES; a five-speed manual is standard on both, and a continuously variable automatic transmission is optional on the ES
- A 168-hp, 2.4-liter four-cylinder is used in the GT and SE; a five-speed manual is standard on the GT, and a CVT is optional on the GT and standard on the SE
- Ralliart models get a 237-hp, turbocharged 2.0-liter four-cylinder that makes 253 pounds-feet of torque and is matched to a six-speed, twin-clutch automated manual transmission
Standard safety features include:
- Side-impact airbags for the front seats
- Side curtain airbags for both rows
- Knee airbag for the driver
- Antilock brakes
- Electronic stability system
People Who Viewed This Car Also Viewed
Closest Dealers Listing this Car
Featured Services for the Mitsubishi Lancer
- Sell your current car quickly and easily on Cars.com.