1999 Mitsubishi Montero Sport

See Photos & Videos

Overall

great vehicle

by montero owner from NC | January 15, 2014

I bought my 1999 Montero Sport in 2001 with 18K miles. Now in 2014 it has 360K miles and is still running. It leaks some oil but has never left me stranded. Mostly highway miles, but still! I would buy another one if they still made them!!

best, most reliable vehicle

by sam from | December 22, 2010

NEVER let you down This is a great buy for the money and the gas mileage is not too bad either."I'm planning on getting a newer one some day, but for now....this one ROCKS!!! It's GREAT ON GAS!!!"

The Car that Never Gets Old

by Driving Dave from | September 25, 2009

Despite being made ten years ago, the 1999 Mitsubishi Montero Sport still looks very stylish from the outside. When I approach other models from the same year I am shocked at how old and outdated they look compared to the Montero. But that’s not even the half of it; the real shocker comes when someone actually climbs inside and drives the car. The gear shift is smooth and the car rolls into drive. As the driver slowly pushes down the accelerator, the engine responds at an even rate. Unlike some cars, the Montero doesn’t lurch with every touch of the accelerator, but rather speeds up slowly and comfortably. The same goes for the brakes; every tap of the brake pedal does not send the passenger through the windshield. The brakes do respond quickly, however, when the pedal is stomped to avoid a fender bender. While clipping along at an easy pace, the driver and passenger enjoy surprisingly comfortable seats along with more than enough leg room. Where the complications come in is when the driver wishes to enjoy a beverage while listening to the radio. The cup holder flips down right in front of the radio, making it hard to change stations, tracks, or any of the radio settings. This, however, is my only real complaint with the vehicle, so I’ll live with it. Overall this car combines style, comfort, reliability, and most of all performance, making it an excellent car for the money.

LOVE THIS TRUCK!!

by SUV GUY from Oak Creek, WI | November 2, 2008

I have bought this truck and it handles and runs great. I have driven all types from Toyota to the Discovery..This one is it for me. I'm planning on getting a newer one some day, but for now....this one ROCKS!!! It's GREAT ON GAS!!!

Outstanding suv

by Missouri guy from North Kansas City | September 8, 2008

This is the best, most reliable vehicle I have ever owned, and I am 55 yrs old. It will go anywhere, and it has never been in the shop after 80K miles.

Just doesnt wanna stop

by SUV's Rule from WA, Lynden | June 12, 2008

My vehicle was crashed twice with a rebuilt title before I ever saw it at 94000 miles. Very dependable vehicle will NEVER let you down in the snow or off road. I would never sell this vehicle.

True utility vehicle

by Melody from California | August 19, 2006

Our Montero has been such a great vehicle. We plan to buy a new in the future. This is a great buy for the money and the gas mileage is not too bad either.

Wow! This car can go anywhere do anything!

by Single mom from Portland, OR | June 4, 2006

I have had mine since it was brand new! it has never had a problem, It has great everythings! I am now handing it down to my 18 year old daughter. I am sure it will be great for her too!

Featured Services for this Mitsubishi Montero Sport