2002 Mitsubishi Montero Sport

Available in 8 styles:  Montero Sport XLS shown

Overall

ready for a new car

by looking for a new car from KS | February 3, 2012

I bought this car new in 2002. While it has lasted a long time, I have had a lot of problems with it. It is needing work now, and I'm tired of it nickle and diming me so I'm looking for a new car. I'm not buying new this time either... I don't want my car to depreciate thousands when I drive off of the lot.

Love it

by Driver J from Cumming, GA | June 19, 2011

Bought it used 5 years ago with 80k, and now has 178k. Second set of tires. Had a little issue with AC, dumb alternator from Autozone caused issues, belts, and that is about it. Love it, looks mean with front bumper guard and big tires. Guzzles gas but its a beast driving and towing. Great used buy.

First Car, 3.5 years, not a single problem

by barretA_55K from Maple Grove, MN | November 17, 2009

I love this car, i am very sceptical about japenese cars, but this car is an exception! My mom drove it for about 1.5 years, then gave it to me. Even though i work at a detailing shop and can keep it nice, we havent had a single problem with the car yet, except for when a repair shop said they replaced the spark plugs for us (bear in mind the cam is over the engine so spark plugs is the only fix i cant do) they didnt replace the plugs, the engine stuttered a bit for a while and the check engine light was on, we brought it back. Apparently one of the plugs wasnt even firing at all and the thing was still puring like a kitten. Highly recommend this vehicle. Mine has 165,000 miles on it and still no problems!!!! and the photo of it i took, i didnt even mean for it to turn out this good but it turned out ad quality.

Uses car for Off-roading

Great family vehicle

by iluvmyfireman57 from | May 22, 2009

We purchased our 2002 Mitsubishi Montero Sport used 2 years ago and have loved it! It is reliable, roomy, and comfortable.

very reliable car

by adwoabayaw from durham ,nc | May 17, 2009

i love this suv. this vehicle is one of the most comfortable trucks i'VE EVER used.I will always and ever recommend this vehicle to all my friends .I 'm very proud of myself for driving this reliable truck.

I like it.

by Ryan from Indianapolis, IN | April 26, 2007

Had a few SUV's (Blazer and Explorer also Jeep) and I like the looks probably the most, it is just that much different than the previously named and not as common a vehicle, so somewhat disctinct. Handles good, not fast, but why speed around in it. Nice Sound system (very impressive).

very reliable

by benny from arizona | April 3, 2007

I am a soldier and i was looking for a new reliable suv that does not gave problems to my family while i was gone on deployments. I found it .

Featured Services for this Mitsubishi Montero Sport