1989 Mitsubishi Montero

Information Coming Soon

Overall

The Best

by mountain hunter from Dover, VT | November 9, 2014

Although it is now 25 years since I bought my first Montero, I can't say enough good things about it. I bought a 1989 2-dr, manual, V6 and drove it for 13 years. It was the best vehicle I've ever owned. It had such power, a turn-on-a-dime radius, easy to maneuver, so responsive, rugged as they come, and it sat high so visibility was great and had lots of headroom so I didn't feel boxed in, comfortable seats, and it went about 9-10 years without needing any significant repair. It was my home away from home. The Montero was very popular outside the US, especially in countries with "outbacks", because of its durability and reliability. It won numerous well-known international rallies which testifies to its power, ruggedness and maneuverability. It's name, Montero, means "mountain hunter" - and it earns it. One of my hopes is to someday own another one, same year, engine and style (I later bought a 1987 with a V4 - not the same). The only problem, as with many classics, is the shortage of parts. But with this one, it's worth it anyway.

reliable SUV

by jack from | September 1, 2011

I bought mine at 126K and put 100k more on it. Still a daily driver. Only criticism is lack of power relative to newer SUVs. I get a steady 17-18 MPG which is exceptional for this heavy 4wd 4 door SUV.

Featured Services for this Mitsubishi Montero