2003 Mitsubishi Montero

15 city / 19 hwy

Overall

2003 MITSUBISHI MONTERO

by MONTERO STRONG from CHICAGO, IL | September 23, 2013

THIS VEHICLE'S PERFORMANCE IT'S AMAZING. THE 4X4 TRULY WORKS AND THE COMFORT ON THE HIGHWAY JUST BLOWS YOUR MIND. I AM EXTREMELY HAPPY WITH THIS VEHICLE AND I WOULD RECOMMEND IT TO SOMEONE THAT HAS KIDS BECAUSE IT HAS A LOT OF SPACE AND MANY FEATURES INSIDE TO KEEP YOUR LOVE ONES BUSY.

Best SUV at all time

by Earl from Streamwood Illinois | August 20, 2013

Very very very nice truck best engineering best interior best exterior best handling ..........................

Uses car for Off-roading

Sport Montero

by dave from Greenville, SC | February 10, 2013

My 2002 or is it 2003 Sports Montero just hit 306,000 miles with virtually no problems. Only on ereplacement with the air conditioner motor. I'm to the place where I really should buy another but hate to give up the Montero; It sits high, it is comfortable. My only complaint is that it does burn some oil. I have to add a quart every time I fill up. I'm 63 years old and without a doubt the best car I've ever had.

Best SUV inside or outside the US

by Montero Loyalist from Scottsdale, AZ | March 21, 2012

I've had an 03 20th Anniversary since I bought it new. Brought it overseas and back, NEVER had problems. 90k miles later and it still runs good. The engine is bulletproof.

BEST KEPT SECRET !!

by car whack from PHOENIX ,AZ | November 28, 2011

I bought this vehicle brand new (Montero Limited - not Montero Sport) in 2003 . The engineering and build quality is top notch . Easy to park yet spacious inside - great visability - third seat - full high/low 4 WD . I just gave it to my sister recently with 110,000 miles on it and runs good as new ! I lkied this vehicle so much I just found a 2006 model (last year brought into the country) and purchased it . These Montero full size vehicles are underrated for sure - hard to find them now !

Salesman

by Snake from Virginia | March 24, 2009

This is one the best vehicles I've owned low maintainence.Its my wife's vehicle and she loves it.As long as she is happy I am also.We've owned it for five years will probally keep it five more.

Great vehicle

by Monty Enthusiast from Germantown, WI | February 15, 2009

Bought 2003 one year old with 15K on it. Since then have put on 100K with the following issues - replaced all rotors and brakes, replaced drive belt and replaced door latch for rear door. This is the best reliability on a car that I've ever owned, especially because we use this vehicle for multi purposes including towing. It is one tough vehicle and it is just as comfortable pulling up the country club. I would recommend a Montero to anyone who wants a great all-purpose vehicle, especially those in the snow belt where this car can't be beaten by any vehicle on earth. It is a snow cat extrordinaire. Wish Mitsubishi would bring it back again.

Solid SUV

by 4 Wheel Driver from Chicago | January 24, 2008

This is my second Montero. I owned a Sport before. The 3.8L engine gives the Montero more power in the 2003. I bought mine new in 03' and the only thing I had to fix was the battery, oil changes, and wiper blades. Solid power. Great AC and Heater. 3rd row comes in handy. My only problems are that it did not come with a navigation system and the fuel economy is poor, but to be expected from a SUV this size. I would buy another. It is still a good buy used or new. Resale value is poor, but a great value new or used. I have driven mine for almost 5 years and it runs like it did when it was new. Make sure you change your oil and transmision fluids. They are sensitive if you don't take care of the maintenance. It is a solid car with great style and comfort. The sunroof is huge. Its great during the summer.

Best car I've ever owned

by bring the monteros back in the US from Southern California | October 17, 2007

I bought this beast almost 4 years ago and I still enjoy driving it. Long or short trips this is the one I jump into. Never mind the less than ok gas consumption, I average about 16 mpg, but then again this a heavy SUV with a V6. I got into an accident a month ago when a sleepy 19 year old rear ended me less than a 10th of a mile from my house, after the minor repairs and all, I still treat it as the day I bought it. I never felt this proud about a car before. In my opinion, this a 100 times better than a 4runner (size, room space, looks, performance); 10 times better than a Landcruiser or a Landrover (price, looks, price again). Explorers, Suburbans, Tahoes, Yukons are not even comparable even if these are on the road (as opposed to on the side or in the "shop"). The only one I would consider will be an Escalade only because they're on MTV all the time.

Featured Services for this Mitsubishi Montero