2006 Mitsubishi Montero

15 city / 19 hwy

Overall

2006 Ltd.

by Old Red Head from Mason County, WV | July 9, 2012

My 2006 only has 53,500 miles, and is better than the current Fore Runner in every category, especially comfort, style and road noise. My MPG is better than similar SUV's I have had in the past (Fore runner and Land Cruiser). I have had folks ask me if I am ready to sell it, and as I now search for a larger SUV, I have great doubts about giving it up, as I know that the next one will drink more gas, however, I need larger capacity with towing ability, which you do not get from any 3.8 6 cylinder. This SUV is hard to beat.

Substitute Lexus LX 470

by Lloyd from Parker, CO | May 11, 2011

I really wanted an LX-470. I had traveled long-distance with a hunting buddy and his was extremely nice, no question. The problem w/any Lexus is the premium you must pay to get even a decent one. Popularity has a definite cost. Maintenence and fuel costs aren't insignificant either (w/$4plus gas). My Montero Limited is everything that LX-470 was (solid, mega-dependable and competent 4X4, 7-passenger, lots of luxury (heated leather seats, DVD player, etc) plus it has a V-6 which is noticeably easier on gas (17-18MPG vrs 12-14MPG). The smaller engine means that it's no drag-racer (which may be partly why it isn't imported here anymore, '06 was the last year) but that isn't what I needed. The price was also a big plus. I bought what was a very expensive car new, for mere pennies on the dollar (nobody seems to know what these cars are!). And, at 21K miles it's still under the factory warrenty for a few more months. Lifespan on it should go 150K plus easily. What a value!!!

Montero 2006

by Johann from Palmdale California | February 3, 2009

This is the third Montero I have bought, the first being a used 1994 SR. These vehicles are ideal for the kind of off-road driving I regularly do, and by far outperform any of it's competitors. The '06 is luxurious, quiet with adequate power and economy. The vehicle is somewhat susceptible to crosswinds, but very few high profile SUV's are immune to this.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

I love Monteros!

by Car Enthusiast from Owings Mills, Maryland | July 22, 2007

This is my second Montero, and I believe that Mitsubishi never marketed this vehicle correctly or it would have been a much bigger seller for them. I have recommended a Montero to several friends. None of them had it on their list and and at least two of them bought one after test driving it. The fit and finish of the interior, and materials used are without doubt better than anything in its price range. Performance is more than adequate, with nice acceleration; the transmission knows exactly when I need it to downshift (even better than my Lexus!). The third row seat fits flush into the floor so it's completely out of the way when you don't need it. In fact, I just test drove Mercedes R-class and GL-class SUVs and a BMW 530xi wagon, and I have to admit that it only made me appreciate more the elegant simplicity of the Montero. No need to fool around with a multitude of electronics; just get in it, put it in Drive, and go! I own both a BMW and a Lexus, and I often prefer to drive the Montero. In 24k miles I have had no reliability problems. I heartily recommend this SUV!

Excellent Vehicle

by Darwin from New Jersey | October 12, 2006

I have owned many cars in the past 40 years and I find the Montero ranks among the top vehicles I have owned. The ride is comparable to some luxury cars.

montero overview

by g oso from las vegas , nv | July 15, 2006

the montero is overall a great vehicle , even with 3 kids it has adequate space. the ride is very smooth

Featured Services for this Mitsubishi Montero