2013 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport

See Photos & Videos

Overall

WHAT A RELIEF!

by new mitsubishi lover from Allentown, PA | February 26, 2014

First I have to agree with many others, that if I read expert reviews before buying this car I probably would not have had much interest either. Many reviews say SLOW, let me tell you slow is my previous 4 cyl. Ford Escape I had prior (TERRIBLE), my mitsu on the other hand has decent acceleration, and gives off more of a "sporty" acceleration when switching over to the manual mode. I have put almost 18,000 miles on this car in a little over a year and still have not had one issue with it. I really love the body style as I always loved the Lancer Evo. however am also more of an SUV person, not to mention the large price difference. Anyway, enough babbling, bottom line, if your looking for a reliable car with a good amount of room, and amazing gas mileage, I most definitely recommend this vehicle! You will NOT be disappointed!

sweet ride

by suv lover from seaford de. | February 4, 2014

needed a work vehicle that would be fuel savvy & comfortable. the outlander sport is both while at a great price. I just love it.

super landers

by Landers Rocket from Minneapolis, Mn | December 11, 2013

This car is super good and its value is the best ever. I got mine for under $19000 with All Wheel Control. It's the Mother n Papa in its class. You won't regret your money on this Landers. W/100k warranty this the real deal for winner.

don't listen the "expert"review's

by new car guy from chicago | October 27, 2013

I owe two 2012outlanders sport if l was listening the "expert" reviews l would never ever buy this vehicle but instead l went and bought two outlanders sports ES and SE the only difference between ES and SE is ES has more power do to M/T and definitely could use 6th gear.SE is a little bit more loaded but both models are great definitely worth the money.

I love my Outlander Sport

by Angie from | August 30, 2013

I love my Outlander Sport, I wanted a BMW or Lexlus, but wasnt able to afford it righ now, so the outlander sport was affordable and almost looks like the BMW and Lexlus SUV, I love it, so I get to ride around for another 10 years in the outlander, pretending its the Lexsus, and on top of that it rides good and is comfortable and was affordable.

Tale of two cities

by Scooter from Indianapolis | August 30, 2013

I bought a 2012 ES Outlander Sport, loved it, but wanted more tech. So I bought 2013 SE Outlander Sport, never been so happy with a car... The family and I took a 1900 mile trip, Never had a problem, gas milage was great, heck everything was great about the car.... I just wish everyone would understand that this is the CUV they need / want to own..... Basic SE Model Rain sensitive windshield wipers heated seats Heated side view mirrors Light sensitive head lamps Alloy wheels Climate control Most ecellent Gas milage To me this is one of those cars you keep until the wheels fall off and I think that will be a long time....

Great value small SUV

by Markaroo from san Antonio, TX | August 9, 2013

Since 1989, my wife and I have owned seven Mitsubishis. They are great cars - we loved them all. If you stay on top of the scheduled maintenance, they will serve you very well - they just don't "break". The quality is top-notch, and the value is incredible. I have owned Porsches and Jaguars, and I have to say the "fit and finish" on Mitsubishis is comparable to those high-dollar cars.. They're tight, they don't rattle and they are highly dependable. So, if you are looking for a cost-efficient "crossover SUV" - you may want to consider an Outlander Sport. But if you're looking for a fast car - look somewhere else. It's all about practical, reliable transportation . The brakes are great. Bottom line. I think that it is a very practical, and very cool-looking car. Love it.

disappointed

by barb from florida | July 23, 2013

my mitsubishi sport is sluggish between 0 and 35 have to give it the gas and the vech.is noisy kind of sounds like something wrong in exhaust systembut other than that ,do wish it came with electric control seats

YOU BE THE JUDGE !!

by dvdphile from Wa. State | July 13, 2013

If i would have read the reviews from the "Professionals" i would have never looked at or bought this car. Fortunately i bought this car first. I have the Base ES model with 2wd. Most of those reviewers put this car at or near the bottom in most categories; Power, function, noise etc. My advise is YOU be the judge! I have over 2000 miles now and love this car. Looks are great. Handling is great. Ride is great. 100k warranty. Mileage is around 30mpg, 80/20. computer is behind about 1-2 mpg actual. My Subaru and Hyundai before were 1-2 mpg ahead. And, the power is adequate! No, you won't beat a Lamborghini to 60. Give this car a chance and drive it, you may be surprised!

Great Vehicle - Tons of Technology Features

by Nyame from | July 11, 2013

I purchased the Outlander Sport SE FWD about 3 months ago and I have logged just over 3,300 miles on it. It has a galore of technology features, comparable to any of the luxury vehicles out there, at a much affordable price. It looks great from the exterior and drives very smooth. My favorite feature is the panoramic roof that I love to open when I am driving in the rain. It is really convenient using the keyless ignition starter and the keyless entry features. In fact, I don't use the vehicle keys for anything, all that I have to do is to keep it on my body and I can open and lock my doors, and also start and shutdown the engine. Two adults can comfortably fit innto the back seat. The mpg rating for this vehicle is 24/31/27 but I am now averaging a combined mpg of 32, better than the official rating of 27. I calculate my mpg by dividing the total mileage travelled for a fill up by the amount of gas needed to bring the gas tank back to another fill up and I have done this 3 times. Of course, my city driving is only 20%, back-roads is 60% and highways is 20%. On the down side, the engine/road noise in the cabin is a bit higher than normal and I hope Mitsubishi will improve that in the next design, but this is in no way a deal killer. The CVT drive mode is also sluggish on take off. Fortunately, the sport mode driving with the paddle shifters provides much power on take off if you are not happy with the sluggish take off. On quality control, I found out my bluetooth was not fuctional when I pickup the vehicle from the dealership. I called Mitsubishi and I was assigned a case manager. I took the vehicle back to the Mitsubishi mechanic and they found out that the wire to the bluetooth system in the MMCS was never connected during the assembly of the unit. Mitsubishi paid for the correction of the problem and now the bluetooth is working fine. The case manager, Deitra, was in touch with me all the time until the issue was resolved. I will surely go back to Mitsubishi for my next vehicle! I spend a reasonable amonut of money on gas for my work commute so I will surely trade in this vehicle for the Outlander PHEV when it arrives in the US sometime in late 2014.