2013 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport

24 city / 29–31 hwy

Overall

I Love My Outlander Sport

by Gulf 16 from Dunedin, Florida | June 19, 2014

I bought my 2013 Outlander Sport LE in Sept. 2013 after comparison shopping various compact SUV's on Cars.com. Since it was the reviews on this web site that persuaded me, I think it's only fair that I contribute my own experience to the body of reviews available to help people do their research.. First, the styling: I got a Mercury Grey Outlander with killer wheel covers and high-intensity headlights. It looks a lot like the similar-sized Audi compact SUV. I see heads turning on a regular basis. It's got automatic headlights, automatic rain-sensing wipers, Bluetooth communications and a great navigation system. I traded in a 1995 GMC Jimmy for the Outlander and feel like I walked through a time warp! Fuel economy: I took my first significant road trip a few weeks ago and got an even 32 mpg. Most of my driving has been around town (suburban Tampa) and I get an average of about 27 mpg close to home. I couldn't be happier. With a 16+ gallon fuel tank you can go around 500 miles on a tank of gas on a long road trip. Comfort: I set the climate control to the temperature I want and it maintains it, whether that means heat or cooling. Quiet interior while driving, great sound system and wonderful handling. I particularly enjoy the tight turning radius when parking and making U-turns. Value: The truck I traded in sold for $29,000 18 years ago. I feel like I got a vehicle twice as good for quite a bit less money, although I can't tow a boat or trailer with the Outlander (I can carry my kayaks and bicycle on racks). Performance: You can read other reviews and see remarks about pickup in the 0-40 mph range. It's true the Outlander doesn't have the "torque" in this range of some other vehicles. If it's an issue for you, just step on the gas a little heavier and you won't have any trouble keeping up with city traffic. Personally, I think it's hilarious (and sad) to see the way drivers stomp on the gas and weave in and out of traffic just to be the first one to the next stop light. On the highway, my Outlander seems to hit its stride around 70 mph, so there's absolutely no issue with highway driving. I think it's really a matter of gearing the low end for optimum fuel economy, which I will take any day. In summary, if you're looking for a stylish, versatile, comfortable compact SUV with great fuel economy, I don't see how you can beat the Outlander Sport.

WHAT A RELIEF!

by new mitsubishi lover from Allentown, PA | February 26, 2014

First I have to agree with many others, that if I read expert reviews before buying this car I probably would not have had much interest either. Many reviews say SLOW, let me tell you slow is my previous 4 cyl. Ford Escape I had prior (TERRIBLE), my mitsu on the other hand has decent acceleration, and gives off more of a "sporty" acceleration when switching over to the manual mode. I have put almost 18,000 miles on this car in a little over a year and still have not had one issue with it. I really love the body style as I always loved the Lancer Evo. however am also more of an SUV person, not to mention the large price difference. Anyway, enough babbling, bottom line, if your looking for a reliable car with a good amount of room, and amazing gas mileage, I most definitely recommend this vehicle! You will NOT be disappointed!

sweet ride

by suv lover from seaford de. | February 4, 2014

needed a work vehicle that would be fuel savvy & comfortable. the outlander sport is both while at a great price. I just love it.

super landers

by Landers Rocket from Minneapolis, Mn | December 11, 2013

This car is super good and its value is the best ever. I got mine for under $19000 with All Wheel Control. It's the Mother n Papa in its class. You won't regret your money on this Landers. W/100k warranty this the real deal for winner.

don't listen the "expert"review's

by new car guy from chicago | October 27, 2013

I owe two 2012outlanders sport if l was listening the "expert" reviews l would never ever buy this vehicle but instead l went and bought two outlanders sports ES and SE the only difference between ES and SE is ES has more power do to M/T and definitely could use 6th gear.SE is a little bit more loaded but both models are great definitely worth the money.

I love my Outlander Sport

by Angie from | August 30, 2013

I love my Outlander Sport, I wanted a BMW or Lexlus, but wasnt able to afford it righ now, so the outlander sport was affordable and almost looks like the BMW and Lexlus SUV, I love it, so I get to ride around for another 10 years in the outlander, pretending its the Lexsus, and on top of that it rides good and is comfortable and was affordable.

Tale of two cities

by Scooter from Indianapolis | August 30, 2013

I bought a 2012 ES Outlander Sport, loved it, but wanted more tech. So I bought 2013 SE Outlander Sport, never been so happy with a car... The family and I took a 1900 mile trip, Never had a problem, gas milage was great, heck everything was great about the car.... I just wish everyone would understand that this is the CUV they need / want to own..... Basic SE Model Rain sensitive windshield wipers heated seats Heated side view mirrors Light sensitive head lamps Alloy wheels Climate control Most ecellent Gas milage To me this is one of those cars you keep until the wheels fall off and I think that will be a long time....

Great value small SUV

by Markaroo from san Antonio, TX | August 9, 2013

Since 1989, my wife and I have owned seven Mitsubishis. They are great cars - we loved them all. If you stay on top of the scheduled maintenance, they will serve you very well - they just don't "break". The quality is top-notch, and the value is incredible. I have owned Porsches and Jaguars, and I have to say the "fit and finish" on Mitsubishis is comparable to those high-dollar cars.. They're tight, they don't rattle and they are highly dependable. So, if you are looking for a cost-efficient "crossover SUV" - you may want to consider an Outlander Sport. But if you're looking for a fast car - look somewhere else. It's all about practical, reliable transportation . The brakes are great. Bottom line. I think that it is a very practical, and very cool-looking car. Love it.

disappointed

by barb from florida | July 23, 2013

my mitsubishi sport is sluggish between 0 and 35 have to give it the gas and the vech.is noisy kind of sounds like something wrong in exhaust systembut other than that ,do wish it came with electric control seats

YOU BE THE JUDGE !!

by dvdphile from Wa. State | July 13, 2013

If i would have read the reviews from the "Professionals" i would have never looked at or bought this car. Fortunately i bought this car first. I have the Base ES model with 2wd. Most of those reviewers put this car at or near the bottom in most categories; Power, function, noise etc. My advise is YOU be the judge! I have over 2000 miles now and love this car. Looks are great. Handling is great. Ride is great. 100k warranty. Mileage is around 30mpg, 80/20. computer is behind about 1-2 mpg actual. My Subaru and Hyundai before were 1-2 mpg ahead. And, the power is adequate! No, you won't beat a Lamborghini to 60. Give this car a chance and drive it, you may be surprised!