2014 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport

Est. MPG

24 city / 29–31 hwy

See Photos & Videos

Overall

So pretty with all the extra toys

by Love My New Car from The Woodland Texas | April 8, 2014

I love the ambient lighting on the moon roof and the seats are fantastic on my hips. The middle console is very user friendly and has 2 pockets and it telescopes, as well, just great! Very roomy for a single person and seats 5.

Sport

by Car Seeker from | March 31, 2014

Price range was decent from $21,000 to $27,000. well equip. Found Engine to be noisy as to most vehicles owned. The car isn't build for speed. Its a turtle ,roomy with decent stereo, Nice dash layout with blue tooth and other nice things like usb ports and power outlets, For the money not bad,

One Year Review

by Daily Driver from Chicago, IL | February 22, 2014

I wanted to give a one year review of living with the SE FWD version of this small SUV. I bought the 2013 model last February and there have been a few changes for 2014, but most things are the same, so here are some notes for you potential buyers: Reliability: 19,000 miles and no problems at all. I have noticed that in -10 degree or colder weather that the CVT may stay in a little higher "gear" until the car is warmed up. Mileage: I drive 80% highway and 20% city and in the Summer I average about 32 mpg at the pump and about 28 mpg in the Winter. Favorite Features: rain sensing wipers, HID headlights, push button start/stop ignition and the stereo. I was surprised at how good the sound is for a pretty economical vehicle. Also, the outside looks are sharp and stand out from the crowd. Least Favorite: The interior could use a little more color, but when I bought the car I also looked at other small SUVS and a dark interior is a consistent theme across the board by other manufacturers too. The dashboard MPG meter consistently underestimates actual mileage by 2-3 MPG from what you actually get if you do the math yourself after filling up. I hope Mitsubishi recalibrates this in future models. Overall I have been pretty happy with the car. I needed something reliable that would not break my budget and the good looks of this small SUV are an extra bonus.

What The Other Guy Said

by JM from Elkton, MD | February 10, 2014

I purchased a 2014 Outlander Sport ES CVT 4wd for my parents who are 75 and 80 years old for a reliable, safe, run around vehicle. I got the all weather package with remote start and the all weather mats. Mitsu even included the cloth mats free and put them in the trunk. What the other guy said for 2013 reviews is if you went by the car rags you would not buy one of these. That's right but they are wrong or receive no payola from Mitsu. I can compare it to a world class 2013 Honda Accord Sport I own. The 2.0 L engine with the new balance shaft and more insulation for 2014 is every bit as smooth and quiet as the Honda. Hondas are not dead silent inside but the norm in the under $25K range. The Outlander Sport impressed me as a whole package. You do get a dead zone from 20-30 mph with the CVT. I see that in the Honda too. All you do is slightly tip into the accelerator and its a non issue. Flooring it creates a worse situation. I really think its geared for city driving where you get up to 25-30 mph and that's the speed limit and it cruises like this to save gas. On the highway unlike you have been told the CVT always puts you at the best rpm range for hilly terrain and for this I'd have no other. Here in MD we have large hills and the Sport loaded with 850 pounds of people and gear has no issues with highway driving or hills. Its a fun CUV and can be tossed around nicely. Mine came fitted with South Korean made Nexen tires which are quiet and M&S rated with 440 tread wear and Both A grades for Temp and Traction. I had a chance to drive it in two ice and snow storms and it was flawless. The 4wd is super easy to operate for Auto mode and 4wd lock. It started right up in severe weather below 10F and the HVAC system is absolutely superb. My Honda takes far longer to defrost and heat. This Mitsu breaks all records for the above and I've had over 25 cars. I find the front seats very comfortable and I'm 6' 1" 275 pounds. Much better then my Honda or Ford F350. Everything is easy to reach and the tilt telescopic steering wheel has a large adjustment range. The ES does not have auto headlights. No big deal. It offers an auto shut off feature instead. "Soft touch" is the latest automotive buzzword. Nothing inside looks cheap to me with exception of the door locks near the door handle- they should be color coded to help you see if the door is locked or in unlocked position. Soft touch is a bunch of malarkey. If your going to use a car soft touch is not as durable and does not clean well. Enough said. The center computer read out is easy to see and understand. I do not think the mileage and MPG readings are accurate however. It seems to float around rather quickly. We shall see in more use. Mixed driving I'm getting in the cold high 20's low 30's mpg. I expected more when I get in 2wd mode solely. You do see an "Eco" light come on but its automatic and unlike Honda or Toyota you do not push a button. I think its more of a novelty however. I'm impressed with this little runabout and plan on getting one soon for myself. What you read in the car magazines and what you get is miles apart. I spent $20,500 and the MSRP was just under $24K. What a bargain. It reminds me of the 2012 and under Ford Escapes- fun and easy to drive although I suspect the Mitsu will be more durable.

so far, so good!!!

by vkramer from Johnson City, TN | December 28, 2013

I have driven a Mitsubishi (same vehicle) for the last 20+ years. I absolutely hated to give it up (actually, it's still "in the family" since I gave it to my cousin!! The only "luxury" it had was power steering! Since this car was so great (still runs well but could no longer get parts for it when something did go wrong), I decided to stick with a Mitsubishi, The Outlander Sport has the amenities I wanted (plus a whole lot more!!) for the best price I could find. It is plenty big for us (elderly couple ages 66 and 82) and handles nicely. It's a little intimidating for me since I have never driven anything but a standard transmission---much less all the other "goodies" on this car. I love driving it and am gradually learning what all these things do and how to operate them!!! I hope and pray this car will last as long as my other one so I will never have to buy another car. If it does, it should outlive me---which is exactly what I want!!! I really can't address reliability since it's so new. I know I haven't had it very long, but, so far, I love it!!!

New vehicle purchased

by Newvehiclepurchaser from Frederick, MD | December 23, 2013

Good experience, would recommend. I've never owned a Mitsubishi so the jury is still out on reliability.

so new really hard to tell

by bill from El Paso Tx | December 19, 2013

Little SUV is almost everything I expected, I was under the assumption it came with a 6 in dash CD changer, but no, they stopped with the 2013 model. Gas mileage is around 27mpg in town and a little freeway driving. not bad. 148 HP is plenty for this vehicle, it has good pickup and go. Got the SE with the moon roof and some extra goodies. It's my 50th car so I hope it last a long time.

A+++++++ five star dealer

by Drew121476 from Avon indiana | November 20, 2013

Jonathan and Tarek helped me get into a brand new 2014 outlander sport. By the way a great cuv I was very impressed with the service I recieved and couldn't be happier. It was like buying a car from one of your buddies. Paperwork was done quickly and they were very friendly. I got a awesome deal. And would tell anyone I know to go in and talk to Jonathan and Tarek both of these guys are awesome and great to work with. Will take all my business to them.