2015 Mitsubishi Outlander Sport

Starting MSRP

Overall

Good bang for the buck

by Woody T, from Ravenna, Ohio | July 10, 2016

It is now my 1 year anniversary of buying my Outlander Sport so I feel I can give a solid review. I recently retired and traded in my 5 year old Equinox with 75000 miles and wanted to downsize to a 4 cyl for better mileage. I gained about 6 mpg just driving around town. On the few trips of 100 mi. or more I gained approx. 10 mpg. Due to ride comfort, I would not recommend taking an Outlander Sport much over 100 miles due to the lightness on the road at highway speeds. A side wind or a semi really affects the handling and you will be tired of the affects after a couple of hours. The reliability of the vehicle is excellent, but be aware the recommended synthetic oil changes cost much more than conventional. Styling of the Outlander will get you many compliments in the store parking lot, it has great lines. I have even added a trailer hitch to my 2.4 Liter to tow a small trailer for getting mulch around the house. It was a breeze to install. All in all I recommend the Outlander Sport for those looking to downsize and looking for a dependable vehicle.

Nice little cuv

by Very pleased from Silver Springs, Fl | July 5, 2016

I just purchased a 2015 Outlander Sport. It was a demonstrator model, so I got a good deal. I needed something that was easier on gas than what I traded in! I went from a 2012 Ram 2500 HD crew cab, 8 ft bed, to this car. I will miss the room I had in the truck, but I didn't need the truck anymore. I picked this particular vehicle, because of the fact that I have had several Mitsubishi cars over the years and they were very reliable. My Outlander is black/black, with the 18" rims. It has the 2.0l with the cvt. My only complaint with the drivetrain, is that the cvt is jerky. I am very pleased with the fuel mileage. I bought the car on Friday, drove it home and was getting 31 mgh on the highway, compared to 14 mph on the way to the dealer with my Ram! Another thing I like about the car is that it sets up higher, even though it is not awd. That makes it nice, especially because I live in Florida, and we have some rough sandy roads. I don't bottom out and scrap the exhaust. It is so easy and fun to drive, easy to park and maneuver, and looks great doing it. The ride is exceptional with this size of car. The interior is roomy, the seats are comfortable. I would recommend this car to anyone that is looking for a cuv. I am very pleased and satisfied with my purchase, and will probably buy another one. I am 45 now, so this car should last me till I retire!

MOST RELIABLE

by Jaimie from | June 28, 2016

I bought this car brand new. I commute so I already have 40k. I needed reliability, MPG, and good snow handling. This compact CUV has delivered. I live in MN, and I think this car is great in the snow. Let me say on the highway I HAVE gotten 37 MPG. In the summer I easily get 32-34 highway. I have the 2.4 and the get up and go is pretty good. The outside looks great, and my number one favorite thing about this car is reliability. I have not had ONE issue. They had a recall for reprogramming something to do with the CVT. That's it. The only thing I'm not thrilled about is the bland almost cheesy interior, but everything else is so great, I can live with that. I would recommend this car to my own mother

Cheap Car

by Shultzy64 from Cresson, PA | June 21, 2016

I own a 2015 Outlander Sport SE. It is a very cheaply made car that is not comfortable. You get what you pay for. I will be trading this in very soon.

Nice Car for the Price

by Robvn29 from Braidwood, IL | May 31, 2016

I bought this car a month ago. Love the ride. Love the features I got with the car heated seats, keyless entry and start, and backup camera. Only concern is that the back seat and cargo area are rather small. I don't usually have many passengers, so that isn't too concerning, but will have to get used to the reduced cargo area. If you drive a lot of people, I would definitely get the regular Outlander.

great vehicle

by satisfied from manlus ny | May 19, 2016

bought my outlander sport 4 months ago. I just luv it. you get so much for not really a lot of money. nice looking vehicle with very good gas milege. very comfortable. I have had people come up to me an ask me what kind of vehicle it cause they say that they like it very much. mine is blk/blk, real sharpe looking.. I think it is very underated. its fun to drive.

Diamond in the rough

by Andy from New Jersey | May 8, 2016

First, let me state the obvious: because Mitsubishi does not spend the amount of money Honda or Toyota do, their vehicles are highly underrated. Before purchasing my 2016 Outlander Sport SEL 2.4 AWD, I had Lancer Sportback 2.4 GTS. Loved it. Yes, it was pretty noisy and original tires sucked big time, but value for the money-GREAT!. In 5 years I had Lancer, the only money spent was on routine maintenance. Now, my new Outback Sport is much quieter, has about the same peppiness, features AND 4WD for almost same price. AWESOME! What gets me, how paid reviewers compare it to CR-V, RAV4 or MX-5. They compare 2.0L engine to 2.4L for noise and acceleration, but same size for fuel economy. Did they actually sat in the back of CX-5?? Did they really like plastic of RAV4?? Does CR-V's interior really that much more exiting?? My answer is a big 'NO'. PS. For those, who like to compare cars, just look at Lincoln MXC next to Outback Sport. You will laugh all the way to Mitsubishi dealership...

Great Vehicle So Far

by Happy Customer from Johnstown, PA | February 10, 2016

I am very pleased with this SUV. It drives like a breeze. The dealer couldn't do enough for me and I would not hesitate to return.

Fourth Mitsubishi for Me!

by Sporty Mom from Andrews, SC | February 4, 2016

What can I say, I am sold on Mitsubishi! I drove a Montero Sport for years and it was in great shape when I sold it. My son is now on his second Eclipse. His first one has 190,000 miles on it, and my husband still drives it! This is MY NEW SUV and I love it! I love to open the panoramic roof and crank up the radio. I might be over 40, but I don't feel like it in my new ride. Mitsubishi is very underrated in my opinion. Take it for a spin, you will be glad you did!

great vehicle

by c3po from manlius ny | February 4, 2016

great suv 4 the money' comes with so many features with the price. great mileage city an highway. very comfortable to ride in. sharp looking also. get a lot of compliments on its looks. luv it.