2004 Mitsubishi Outlander

Available in 4 styles:  2004 Mitsubishi Outlander FWD shown

Overall

Great All Rounder

by Dave from West Coast | May 17, 2012

Bought my 04 Outlander new off the lot in 2004 and was pleased right off with the handling which is very car like for an SUV. The car was great for hauling stuff around in fact I used it to move myself 3 times while I owned it. I sold the car at 120k miles and in that time I had no mechanical problems except the brake disks which I had to replace twice after they were bent by the calipers. My only disappointment was that the seats where highly uncomfortable and the ride was a bit stiff for my bad back. I guess the road noise was a bit high but not too bad. The car was supposed to come with free oil changes for life, but the dealer refused because I moved shortly after I bought it. The engine was willing and efficient for an SUV. I would still have my Outlander but I had an opportunity to buy a Mercedes and I couldn't pass it up even though I had to trade in my outlander. I miss the car but it did serve me well while I had it. It comes highly recommended.

Solid Car

by Dankwookie from Buffalo, NY | February 20, 2011

This is a good reliable vehicle. I have owned it for two years, put 30k on it (77k total now), and other than routine maintenance have only had to replace the tie rods ($100 a piece). Smooth on the highway and can be a bit bumpy on roads with potholes of which there are plenty around here. The AWD is functional and never left me stranded (and I see a lot of snow).

Horrible on rough roads!

by Jack from Cleveland, OH | April 24, 2010

Bought new, loved styling. Comfortable interior, good engine performance. Horrible ride due to bumpy roads. Okay if you live in area with no salt and snow. You really feel every bump and crack in road. Hence, expensive repairs for suspension (tie-rod ends, upper & lower control arms). Spent $2,000 at 66,000 mi. Will need more suspension work next year (struts). Other than that, very reliable. Would not buy again due to suspension problems in this area (bad roads).

Great Car

by Brent Chef from Sun Valley, ID | October 19, 2009

I bought this car from a rental company with 23,000 miles on it, and it was the best purchase I've ever made. I live in a place with a harsh winter environment so I've always owned Jeeps, but this little goer has never failed to get me there. It handles great, rides smooth and quiet on the highway (80 is it's favorite speed)and has required nothing but routine maintenance, aside from new tie rod ends at 95,000 miles.

On bumpy roads the ride is terrible

by Rod from Chicago, IL. | June 14, 2009

If you live in an area that has bumpy roads, this vehicle is not for anyone. If the roads are smooth in your area than this would be an awsome vehicle! Very dependable, smooth, and comfortable on the highways.