2006 Mitsubishi Outlander

Available in 6 styles:  2006 Mitsubishi Outlander 4dr FWD shown

Overall

Good modest Sport UT

by motorsphere from Rochester, NY | November 23, 2012

This is used so I cannot say how its been for the first 5-6 years myself. But I like that vehicle is not too over-sized. I had a Santa FE years ago and that seems to have low quality plastics and paints. Plus for suburban driving having a slightly knobbier tire and flared front killed the mileage more than what I am experiencing with Mitsubishi. The Outlander is smaller in the drivers foot area and seat but the only thing I don't like is the petals are made sort close together for a size 13 person. Gets decent MPG but not killer. I like that a have a relatively small turning radius and its decently maneuverable for a SUV.

Good Car for On the Go Life Styles

by Bonz from Boston, Mass | March 10, 2012

I have owned my Oulander for six years now and has been very good to me, Very reliable. Things I don't like about it however are: Highway noise when wondows are down, theres this rummbling/pressure noise and it's unbearable for me to leave the windows down at high way speeds. The 5 speed manual transmission new and now always shifted sort of rough at times.

i like

by new driver from springfield, IL | October 14, 2011

i like this car. it is a really good car. There are only 3 things i dont like. i dont like the clock and the car has a very sensative gas pedal and i cant ajust the seat very well.

6 month owner

by mitsu owner from Portland, OR | April 13, 2010

I have owned this car for 6 months, purchased it used and paid a lot less. I have the limited version, and enjoy all the creature comforts. I have had no problems with the vehicle, the handling is great and the engine provides adequate acceleration. The only complaint would be the road noise, although that may be fixed with new tires. The cost of tires can be expensive if you have the 17 inch rims.

Awesome mini SUV, GREAT on gas!!!

by Outlander advocate :) from San Antonio, TX | June 8, 2008

I love my Outlander. It gives me the space I want and it doesn't cost me an arm and a leg to fill up on gas. I would definitely reccomend someone to get this car. I wouldn't even think about trading it in.

2006 Mitsubishi Outlander LS AWD MT

by Duane from London, Ontario, Canada | March 13, 2008

I've had this vehicle for almost 2 years, 35,000KM's and have not had any issues. I was expecting it to be a bit better on gas than similar small SUV's - 18-20MPG is fairly disappointing. The seats are very comfortable and supportive when cornering. They are pretty good at hiding dirt and stains. The engine is sufficient for city driving - gets noisy when passing on the highway. All Wheel Drive combined with excellent brakes makes this an excellent winter vehicle (Lots of snow and ice experience here in Canada) Likes: 1. Ride height 2. Car-like handling 3. Cargo room and convenient storage spaces 4. Seamless AWD and good brakes Dislikes: 1. Noisy, underpowered engine 2. Transmission shifts aren't as smooth as my old '92 Honda Accord 3. Virtually no towing capability Maintenance Issues: NONE!!! (so far, I took the extra warranty, 10 year bumper-to-bumper)

Great Crossover

by Gooch from Western PA | June 29, 2007

I had bought a 2006 Mits Outlander AWD in Feb 2007 with 13000 miles. I had done some research prior to the purchase. I heard good and bad. I had a 199 Ford Explorer prior and wanted to down size to something smaller and better gas mileage. The Bad first. Engine wine is there, and the ride is a bit harsh. Gas Mileage was to be 22/28 I get 18 around town (a lot of hills in Western PA) and haven't hit the highway yet. had to remove the middle head rest to see out the back. Ran into my son's car as I didn't see it. *Good Stuff, I really enjoy driving the Outlander, The handlig is great. It's a blast to drive. I like the versitility of it. AWD has gotten me though some nasty snow storms without much effort. The 10 year 100,000 warranty can't be beat by anyone. I dumped 3 K in my explorer in a year and a half. It was the best choice I made and would buy another one in a minute. My wife really likes it as it is small and easy to park. I have a 6'1" son who has no problem with room in the front or back. Don't pass up an Outlander, it is one of the best crossovers for the price.

Featured Services for this Mitsubishi Outlander