We've given this page a whole new look

View the new design

2007 Mitsubishi Outlander

2007 Mitsubishi Outlander
Available in 5 styles:  2007 Mitsubishi Outlander 4dr FWD shown

Overall

The car is powerful and strong

by Yoso from Nairobi, Kenya | June 3, 2016

I bought a used Mitsubishi Outlander 2007 model in 2014 April from Japan. It is a popular car and many people in Kenya are now importing the car. The car has been performing well for the last one and half years. However, the car is now jacking as it moves slowly from start and the jacking disappears as the car gains speed. When you slow down the car also jacks. Sometimes the car comes to a stop when jacking and l have to switch off the engine and start it again for the car to move. Have also noted the review of one owner of the car in Kenya who imported the car last year experiencing the same problem. What is causing this problem in these cars?. Is it a mechanical problem with the Mitsubishi outlander 2007 moels

a reliable and powerful car

by mitshubishi outlander great from Nairobi kenya | February 21, 2016

l imported a used mitshubishi outlander 2007 from Japan last year. The car is spacious and powerful. Infact many people are now importing the car to Kenya because of the good performance and fair price. The has been performing well for the last one year and is still in good condition. However, it has now started jacking whenever l start to slowly drive off and the jacking disappears as the car is moving. Has anyone experienced this and what is causing the jacking as the car slowly starts to move.

Most Reliable Car I've Ever Owned

by Becca612 from Newcastle, Washington | February 14, 2015

I bought my Outlander new in 2007 and after 8 years and 85,000 miles, I felt compelled to write a review on the value & reliability of this car. First the value, for the price this thing was packed with features. I looked at several of the competitors, mostly the highlander, RDX, and Kia but this thing was a way better value. When you add in the Bluetooth, proximity key, clamshell tailgate, AWD, 3rd row seating, you were looking well over $10K in other make/models. Also The V6 gives excellent acceleration. I blow buy other cars going up hill easily. Second the reliability was incredible, and for me why I felt compelled to write about it. Other than oil changes & tune ups and 2 interior dome light bulbs, I have never, I repeat I have never had to had one quality/reliability issue that I needed to get fixed. This is incredible considering the number of miles I have accumulated. Same battery, same belts, AC still pumps out cold air. Our other car is a Toyota Sienna and we've had nothing but quality issues, failing trim, stuck sunroof, draining batter due to electronics. Anyways, I will probably get another Mitsubishi soon, but this one still keeps going.

It's cheap for a reason!

by AbbyNormal from Louisiana | March 26, 2014

I've owned this 07 Outlander LS for over 4 years and 50k miles. Good: Very good value for the money. You can find a good used one at a great price. No mechanical issues. Bad: Like riding in a tin box. Seats are not "all day" confortable. Hard plastics inside. Not a great SUV.

Love this Vehicle

by southern illinois girl from Harrisburg, IL | May 30, 2012

Researched this vehicle for several weeks before purchasing. I wanted an economic SUV that was sleek and sporty looking but not overly expensive. Having owned 2 Mitsubishi's in the past, I was already a fan of the interior design and sleek look of the body. I must say I love this vehicle. The XLS model is definitley the way to go, man this thing has some get up and go. The optional rear folding 3rd row seat is great when you need that extra space and folds down when you aren't using it. Mine is black with tinted windows and the nice wheels, it is very very nice looking and I get compliments on it all the time. There are a few things that could be improved: leather interior seems kind of thin visors are cheap, mirrors need lights in them dome lights need a lower switch to be able to turn them on easier. The fuse for the charger seems to go out, this was a problem in my other mitsubishi's as well. Turn signal sound very low Lights for the radio are dim, can't read the display at certain times of day. Fog lights seem to run all the time, or I haven't figured out how to turn them off. Other than these minor things the thing runs like a dream and I love it. My dog loves it too and he sometimes refuses to get out the vehicle when we get home. No problems mechanically yet, on my 2007 XLS model bought with 67,000 miles. You won't find a more fun, sleek and affordable SUV! Gas mileage is very good!

better than , honda CR-V. toyota RAV4.

by drive normal .. from port arthur ,tx | August 27, 2011

i love this small suv .lot of for the money. if you want . good miles on. this suv , used chevron. cheap gasolines. used low quality ,pay less but you spent more money ...... belive me.

First-time SUV owner

by mitzuman from Indianapolis | December 20, 2010

When it comes to the Outlander, I like the fact that it looked like an SUV and not like a van or a station wagon. I also like that it runs smoothly and is a comfortable ride even at high speeds or through semi-rough terrain. The only draw back I found was that the lighter components (i.e. tires, rims, spark plugs) for this automobile along with many others suv models tends to be more expensive to fix or change. That tends to be the way manufacturers are designing these days. It's lovely automobile, it just seems like they didn't maintanence in mind.

best value

by agurarara from | August 4, 2010

Very good MPG. powerfull V6 engine. very spacious interior. good value and better then other competitors! recommend to buy

Heat Goes Out When Idling!

by JenJen from | March 6, 2009

I was in love with this SUV. I actually took the greyhound overnight to a dealership just to get this car... And boy was a not ready for the rude awakening that I got. The car runs well but the major problem is that whenever it idles i.e. at a light, turning, at a stopsign the heat goes out. The heat will go from blowing out hot while my foot is on the pedal to blowing out luckwarm when stopped. I called Mitsubishi 4 times, took the car in 2 times for it and all that the dealership told me was that it was a characteristic of the car. I asked does the heat go out in their car when they are stopped and they said no, so I said why it is ok then for it to go out in mine. Mitsubishi wasn't willing to fix it. I just had to deal with it, and I wasn't willing to. 15 days after I bought the car I traded it in for a Hyundai Sante Fe... I only wish I would have bought the Sante Fe first.

Outlander unreliable

by 4x4 lover from Scotland | October 29, 2008

Car was bought In june 08, 2.0 equipe. the car has been recovered twice in this time. Due to engine management problems. back again for minor warrenty problems. Now it has been in again for a week, I am now told it needs a new turbo. Very worrying as the car has only covered 3000 mls. Mitsubishi dont appear to be bothered.