2007 Mitsubishi Outlander

2007 Mitsubishi Outlander
Available in 5 styles:  2007 Mitsubishi Outlander 4dr FWD shown

Overall

It's cheap for a reason!

by AbbyNormal from Louisiana | March 26, 2014

I've owned this 07 Outlander LS for over 4 years and 50k miles. Good: Very good value for the money. You can find a good used one at a great price. No mechanical issues. Bad: Like riding in a tin box. Seats are not "all day" confortable. Hard plastics inside. Not a great SUV.

Love this Vehicle

by southern illinois girl from Harrisburg, IL | May 30, 2012

Researched this vehicle for several weeks before purchasing. I wanted an economic SUV that was sleek and sporty looking but not overly expensive. Having owned 2 Mitsubishi's in the past, I was already a fan of the interior design and sleek look of the body. I must say I love this vehicle. The XLS model is definitley the way to go, man this thing has some get up and go. The optional rear folding 3rd row seat is great when you need that extra space and folds down when you aren't using it. Mine is black with tinted windows and the nice wheels, it is very very nice looking and I get compliments on it all the time. There are a few things that could be improved: leather interior seems kind of thin visors are cheap, mirrors need lights in them dome lights need a lower switch to be able to turn them on easier. The fuse for the charger seems to go out, this was a problem in my other mitsubishi's as well. Turn signal sound very low Lights for the radio are dim, can't read the display at certain times of day. Fog lights seem to run all the time, or I haven't figured out how to turn them off. Other than these minor things the thing runs like a dream and I love it. My dog loves it too and he sometimes refuses to get out the vehicle when we get home. No problems mechanically yet, on my 2007 XLS model bought with 67,000 miles. You won't find a more fun, sleek and affordable SUV! Gas mileage is very good!

better than , honda CR-V. toyota RAV4.

by drive normal .. from port arthur ,tx | August 27, 2011

i love this small suv .lot of for the money. if you want . good miles on. this suv , used chevron. cheap gasolines. used low quality ,pay less but you spent more money ...... belive me.

First-time SUV owner

by mitzuman from Indianapolis | December 20, 2010

When it comes to the Outlander, I like the fact that it looked like an SUV and not like a van or a station wagon. I also like that it runs smoothly and is a comfortable ride even at high speeds or through semi-rough terrain. The only draw back I found was that the lighter components (i.e. tires, rims, spark plugs) for this automobile along with many others suv models tends to be more expensive to fix or change. That tends to be the way manufacturers are designing these days. It's lovely automobile, it just seems like they didn't maintanence in mind.

best value

by agurarara from | August 4, 2010

Very good MPG. powerfull V6 engine. very spacious interior. good value and better then other competitors! recommend to buy

Heat Goes Out When Idling!

by JenJen from | March 6, 2009

I was in love with this SUV. I actually took the greyhound overnight to a dealership just to get this car... And boy was a not ready for the rude awakening that I got. The car runs well but the major problem is that whenever it idles i.e. at a light, turning, at a stopsign the heat goes out. The heat will go from blowing out hot while my foot is on the pedal to blowing out luckwarm when stopped. I called Mitsubishi 4 times, took the car in 2 times for it and all that the dealership told me was that it was a characteristic of the car. I asked does the heat go out in their car when they are stopped and they said no, so I said why it is ok then for it to go out in mine. Mitsubishi wasn't willing to fix it. I just had to deal with it, and I wasn't willing to. 15 days after I bought the car I traded it in for a Hyundai Sante Fe... I only wish I would have bought the Sante Fe first.

Outlander unreliable

by 4x4 lover from Scotland | October 29, 2008

Car was bought In june 08, 2.0 equipe. the car has been recovered twice in this time. Due to engine management problems. back again for minor warrenty problems. Now it has been in again for a week, I am now told it needs a new turbo. Very worrying as the car has only covered 3000 mls. Mitsubishi dont appear to be bothered.

Overall, a well balance SUV

by macuis from Regina, SK | February 18, 2008

I've driven cars exclusively since I was 16. From a 1985 Ford Tempo GL, to a 2001 Nissan Sentra GXE, it was time for something different. Now that I'm 24, I was looking for something with a little more cargo room, a little more power, and a little more comfort for myself and for my friends that I drive around. So I decided to take a look at the compact SUV market, and had four on my list: Hyundai Sante Fe, Nissan Rogue, Honda CR-V, and the Mitsubishi Outlander. The Sante Fe has a smooth, quiet ride, but didn't have many options. The Rogue was pretty stylish, but felt underpowered and cramped. The CR-V has it right, but more expensive. For me, the Outlander had a good balance of everything that I wanted. I won’t state the pro’s that most have already stated, I’ll just point out things that I liked the most. Pros: - Stylish LED tail lights - An upper and lower glove box is very handy - 9 cup holders in great locations. Doesn't fit my 1 litre SIGG water bottle though - F.A.S.T. Key is awesome. Lock and unlock doors by simply touching the handle or button or starting the car without having using the key is very convenient - 2nd row seats slide forwards and backwards Cons: - Have to go to dealership to change the F.A.S.T. key options - Window defrosting doesn't get 2-4 inches along the outer edges on extremely cold nights. Heater temperature drops when vehicle is stopped due to RPM's less than 800 - Ride is slightly bumpy - Engine is quite loud during revving (a slight ticking noise), and idling (diesel engine, or tractor like) - 3rd row seating is really only for people 5'3" or less - Front heated seat buttons are in a slightly awkward location (below the belt buckle release button). It's a cleaner, hidden look, but not very user friendly for those new to the car - Hands-free Bluetooth requires you to store phone numbers into the Outlander's phonebook, rather than obtaining it from your cell phone's phonebook - Interior material quality of mid grade quality, leading to hollowness and various creaking/cracking noises - Flawed exterior rear wheel well design which results in paint chipping/sand blasting even with the mud guards - Steering wheel mounted controls are flush with the wheel, so it’s harder to determine the button by feel alone - Turn signal sound is quite low, so you may end up looking to see if you are actually signalling

WORST CAR I HAVE EVER OWNED

by Marah from Destin, Florida | January 14, 2008

I bought a BRAND NEW outlander a few months ago and have nothing but problem with it deciding not to start and leaving myself along with my children stuck in various places. I understand that maybe I got a lemon however Mitusbishi itself has not stepped up to the plate. Mitsubishi customer service is some of the worst I have ever seem. I have called them on numerous occasions stranded somewhere with kids and no transporation only to have them tell me that Mitsubishi doens't allow for rentals or provide vehicles to customer. Finally after the 4rth break down I called them desperate stuck at work with kids to get at 5:00 and no transporation. There answer to me was that " Mitusubishi has 1-2 business days to contact you and there is nothing more we can do for you". I am trying to get my car bought back from them however they deduct money for the miles I have driven, but give no compensation for problem, loss of work or the stress of not having a reliable car when you have children.

Great starter SUV

by Happy New Car Owner from Atlanta, GA | January 11, 2008

I previously owned a sedan and definitely wanted to upgrade to an SUV. Like most other consumers, I set my sights on the "popular" SUVs. But as I researched, I became discouraged by the fact that most of them cost more than I wanted to spend. I thought I would have to settle for some type of station wagon or the like. That is until I ran across the current Mitsubishi line. I didn't expect too much when I went to test drive this car. But as soon as I drove it, I knew it was what I wanted. For all intents and purposes, it's an SUV, although some would classify it as a wagon. The steering wheel controls and rear privacy glass windows were both features I wanted in my new car, and definitely pluses for me. The V6 engine is my favorite feature and the gas mileage is decent for the type of vehicle. This car is well worth the money I spent. I've had it for 3 months now and I'm very pleased with it.

Featured Services for this Mitsubishi Outlander