2009 Mitsubishi Outlander

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Not Bad for the Money.

by Joe from Anderson IN | May 12, 2013

I had test driven some 2010 Outlanders and was hooked on how nice they were to drive. I was also impressed how well equipped they are. I wasn't able to find a 2010 that I could afford but found this really nice 2009 instead. It was still under original factory warranty and it drove just as nice as the 2010's so I bought it. I'm not to crazy on the microfiber seats because the show the slightest dirt but it gives me an excuse to go wash and vacuum it. The seats are comfortable the kids have enough space, it runs great, and the computer learns you driving habits. So if you have a lead foot it's going to try to give you as many horses it can. I would like to point out the even thought there's a blue-tooth button on the steering wheel, and the cd player has buttons for 6 disc changer. They don't all come equipped with it. However all Mitsubishi's a pre-wired for it so you can add it later and installation is not that hard. Over all I am happy with it, and every chance I get to sneak it away from the spouse I do because it's fun to drive.

CrossOver of Choice

by 5Mits from yardley, pa | October 6, 2011

After test-driving the Rav 4, CRV and Rogue, the Outlander became the best choice for value, and practical functionality including the hands free phone and the very versatile hatch back. The actual mileage is better than advertised. This is a great car for the money when compared to similar, more expensive alternatives that did not have the room or the functionality of the Outlander. There is road noise at highway speeds, which can be muted by playing Sirius Radio, or a CD.

Great Sporty Practical SUV

by keith from Savannah, GA | March 3, 2011

I owned the 2009 mitsubishi outlander for 2 years it was a great crossover. I loved this vehicle very much. There were a few things i did not think of when buying this vehicle. one was comfort, whenever i took long road trips the part leather part fabric seats got VERY uncomfortable. the other thing i did not like was the road noise. it was great whenever i wanted to step on the throttle i would hear the engine but every other time it was annoying highway driving was pretty noisy too. so all that said i got rid of my mitsubishi, even tho i loved it, i traded it up for a honda pilot. the mitsubishi was a great suv and i might consider buying one again as a 3rd vehicle again.

great car for the money

by diamondB from Baltimore, Md | December 22, 2010

I recently purchased a used 2009 Outlander XLS and it has lived up to all of my expectations. The Nav system is great, handling is outstanding, and gas mileage is better than advertised.

Most Reliable Car I've Owned

by boss from Quebec | December 31, 2009

First time i get a new car that i do not have to get back to the dealer before first oil change. Fuel economie is very good for a 4 wd. vehicule. This is a very plaisent vehicule to drive in snow and slippery roads.

Missing a great opportunity

by sce from York P.A | October 14, 2009

This vechile has great attributes ie. sytle,interior space,cvt transmission ect. However they have drop the ball on ride quality car feels every bump in the road,noise level inside the vehicle is awful,and the car raddles when on rough road sufaces.If they could fix these things the car would be ausome.

GREAT car for the price...

by ess_78201 from San Antonio, TX | July 13, 2009

I paid 23,500 for this vehicle. Right off that price is excellent compared to competitors. The Saturn Vue was at 23,000 as was the RAV 4 for the base model. The XLS model contains a 6 disk CD chager, 18 inch tires, a V-6 engine, an AUX jack behind the console, and radio controls on the steering wheel. Plus the seats have a leather trim and it scomes with fog lights. The automatic air is very nice in this Texas weather. The fuel economy on the V6 is excellent and the vehicle is light compared to the Toyota Tacoma I used to drive. If any one is considering the base model with the 4 cylinder engine, you may want to rethink that. The engine was a little weak when I test drove it and felt like my old Chevy Cavalier. The warranty is amazing and very comforting. Between you and me, my credit isn't amazing so I was charged a higher interest rate than other people may get, by paying double digits in interest, it really does provide peace of mind to have a 60 thousand mile bumper to bumper warranty and a 100 thousand mile power train warranty. The drop down tailgate is a nice feature as well. I teach and coach various sports and it's nice to load and unload things easily. When I purchased the vehicle I was shown the 3rd row seating and thought it was worthless. It's a mesh seat that is very small and uncomfortable. That is until I needed it. While it seats 5 I needed to make a short trip with 6 people. While that extra seat wasn't the most comfortable ride for my passanger, it got the job done and saved me an extra trip. As I said earlier, the features are great and you will pay the same amount for a loaded XLS model as you will for another SUV's base model. The vehicle has some nice speed to it and the chrome finish is a nice touch. I knowthe saying is that you get what you pay for. In this case, it's a good thing......