2011 Mitsubishi Outlander

Available in 5 styles:  2011 Mitsubishi Outlander 4dr 4x4 shown

Overall

A DRIVER'S CAR. Fun, fun, fun or economical ho-hum

by chopper4me from Colorful Colorado | March 1, 2012

So you’ve read the rest now read the best. 2011 Outlander SE w/2.4L 4x4. This is a DRIVER'S car. No, it doesn’t have as much horse power as some but if you learn how to drive it, you're going to have just too much fun. The first thing you're going to have to do is disregard gas mileage, (While you and your car are learning.), and teach the car your driving habits. During this time you will need to figure out the power band for each gear using the paddle shifters on an empty road. So now that you've figured out that at (X) mph, if you drop down to (y) gear, you’re going to be at the start or middle of the power band for that gear. Fun, fun, fun! The suspension is solid and allows the car to pull through the corners tight and predictable. There is a bit of torque steering in the lower gears but that lets me know I’m hitting the power band just right. The four wheel drive has worked great in this Colorado winter and I don’t think I’ll ever buy another car without the remote start feature. The seats are very comfortable with the lumbar support right where it should be, for me. The cup holder to the left of the steering wheel gets little praise but, man is it convenient. Just watch your knees getting in and out if you leave it extended. The hands free bluetooth system is fantastic and should be required by law. The Rockford-fosgate w/subwoofer sound system is truely awsome! I can hook up my android phone to the RCA jacks and use a music player that has an equalizer that I downloaded. By doing so, I am able to create a, as good or better than component stereo presents inside my vehicle. Sometimes, I just keep driving. Like in The Matrix....Woo! If and when I drive mellow, I’m getting about 25mpg city. Traveling at 75 to 80mph on the highway, my gas mileage decreases compared to 65mph or lower. This may not be the most economical car, but it can be some what conomical depending on your driving habits. So here’s my conclusion, If you like to DRIVE your car, the outlander with its transmission, suspension and controls make it a DRIVER'S car. If you are a commuter, the Outlander is an economical vehicle. There are other more economical 4 cyl. engine vehicles out there but you won’t find the styling, performance and value of the Outlander. To me, this is a true hybrid vehicle. Fun, fun, fun or economical, (enough), ho-hum.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

So far, so good

by SUV down-size from Missouri | November 7, 2011

We were looking to down-size from a larger, 7 passenger SUV to a smaller SUV after our oldest child moved out. We test drove nearly every model on the market and chose the Outlander over the Chevy Equinox and Mazda CX-7. We have been happy with the overall performance after the first 3 months. I will say, the gas mileage that is advertised is somewhat misleading. For example, we drove on a 180 mile trip and averaged 26 mpg, mainly highway driving. On a subsequent trip of equal distance, we averaged 25 mpg. In town, we are averaging 19-20 mpg.

Love this car!

by Happy Girl from | October 19, 2011

I bought my car in June and have absolutely no complaints. I bought it originally for the gas milage and have not been disappointed! I love the look of it, particularly the front bumper and it's very roomy inside. I also enjoy the sunroof, it really adds to the car. I would definately recommend this car to anyone!

Best Value for an SUV out there

by Accountant from Saint John, IN | July 9, 2011

After a couple of months I've concluded buying the Outlander was a great decision. It's primarily used by my wife to drive to work and we're averaging around 30 MPG. The Outlander is nimble and handles extremely well. The agressive styling sets it apart in its class. No other small SUV's we tested could come close as far as amount of features for the price. The warranty is excellent and assuring. My only gripe is that the glovebox is a little flimsy but other than that I have no complaints at all. The Outlander is a great buy.

No brainer!

by MG from Philadelphia, PA | June 29, 2011

Aggressive styling, economical cost, high end features, third row seat and great fuel economy made this vehicle stand out from the pack. Add the 5 year / 60k mile bumper to bumper warranty and there's no other intelligent choice to be made.

Gas Saver!!!!!

by JCHI from Chicago IL | April 8, 2011

Great gas saver i'm doing like 30 Miles per gallon. I have been using Mitsubishi for almost 10 years and haven't had a single problem. Runs great extras are fantastic: siruis radio, phone comand, USB outlet. This baby is well equiped. Of course I can still have my 4x4. Great car!!!!

Couldn't be happier

by Commuting Curmudgeon from Pennsylvania | March 24, 2011

Decided to stick with Mitsubishi after a very positive experience with a Montero Sport (12 years/170k miles). I know the styling of the front end is a point of contention with many, but it was the feature that drew me to the vehicle the first time I saw it on the lot. Nothing feels cheap about the fit or trim and the instrumentation is clear and minimal. I hate a car that looks like the cockpit of a jetliner. The cabin feels much roomier than other vehicles in its class that I had test driven. Doors open wide for easy access, although they feel a little "tinny", and there is plenty of visibility, another thing I found lacking in the competition. Acceleration is smooth from a dead stop, but can be a little sluggish at cruising speed. That is the trade off for the smaller engine, but the fuel economy is outstanding. If the on board computer is accurate, I am getting 30 mph on the highway at 60-65 mph cruising, and averaging 25 mpg in general. Handling is superb although the ride feels a little stiff.

Impressive in all areas

by new car buyer from Dakota Dunes, South Dakota | January 23, 2011

Have owned my Outlander for about a month and could not be more happy with it's build quality, performance & minimal road noise. If you are looking for a smaller SUV/Crossover that has good room front & back, that's well put together and has a seamless transmission with plenty of power get a V6 Outlander and add leather as this really enhances the image.