2012 Mitsubishi Outlander

Available in 5 styles:  2012 Mitsubishi Outlander 4dr 4x4 shown

Overall

Reliable Efficient SUV

by FirstSUVOwner from Orillia, ON Canada | March 26, 2014

We purchased a used 2012 with about 30,000km and have since put another 45,000km on the vehicle. Other than dealer tires wearing out prematurely, no real complaints. The dial 4 wheel drive is great in the snow and other amenities like heated seats are a nice touch. Would definitely consider another Outlander as our next vehicle.

worst car ever owned

by 5 time mitsubishi owner from Melrose MA | March 5, 2013

big trouble with steering. 3 trips to Michaud Mitsubishi Danvers MA to get fixed finally. lot of wind noise. strange growl unresolved yet in transmission. seat heater comes on (not turned on) and can't get to go off. Get another car. I certainly am.

there cars not reliable poor

by pat from ca | December 25, 2012

no good cars no good brand mitsubishi noooooooooooooooo goooooooooooooood nooooooooooooooo goooooooooooooooooood caaaaaaaaaaaar

Excellent Value ...

by practical car geek from Denver Colorad | December 17, 2012

all crossovers in the category have similar lines, so styling NOT a factor - interior is a mix of soft touch with french stitching and hard surfaces and at least as nice as its' competition - Outlander was $2500 - $5000 less than the competition with a significantly better warranty - 100k drivetrain and 6 year bumper to bumper - - competition is Honda CRV, Toyota Rav 4, CX5 Mazda, Nissan Rogue - mileage is good with 23 - 26 mpg overall - is FWD/AWD or locking AWD - has all options I desired: cloth heated seats, moonroof, outrageous 710 watt stereo, fog lamps, sliding arm rest/console, roof rack, folding seats, steering wheel mounted controls, 18" alloy wheels, tinted glass, lots of cup holders, paddle shifters...it's our 5th Mitsubishi and I highly recommend these cars....I've had problems with Toyotas and Hondas in the past...usually right after warranty runs out...no previous problems with Mitsubishi....nice car and excellent value - actually made in Japan....

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

Nicely priced SUV with many bells and whistles

by Mitsubishi Outlander Newbie from Western Marland | December 13, 2012

We bought the Outlander AWD SE after doing a lot of research; and taking a test drive. We discovered that the SVU had a lot of room and was very comfotable. I am big and was afraid that I would never find a car/SUV that I could find comfotable. Sure there's a lot of plastic on the dashboard and doors. But the 6 CD changer, excellent 6 speaker standard radio, and comfotable seats are more important to me. There are plenty of cup holders. The head lights really lights up the road at night. We are very happy that fog lights are standard. We will be glad we have AWD when the 1st snow storm comes our way this winter. We bought the SUV without any options that were not standard options. There were not any additional options that we needed.

SUV That Handles Like a Car...

by New Owner from Canada | November 12, 2012

I have owned my 2011 Outlander 4WD 6cyc for year and a half and I must say that I have been impressed with this SUV so far. The main item is the handling and performance compared to other SUV’s I have driven. When I am driving the Outlander, it feels like driving a car…instead of floating box on wheels as compared to other SUV’s. Overall here are some pros and cons that will be helpful: PRO -Handles great (both dry and winter in AWD) -Better than expected gas mileage -Can fit a baby stroller and a load from Costco -Can fit two baby seats, however, my wife had move her seat up a bit when one is rear facing -Nothing has broken in the first year…unlike my previous two cars from GM -Full Bluetooth integration works great CONS -hidden 3rd row seat for my life purposes is useless, I would rather see this as hidden storage -Interior could use a few more updates and compartments UNDERRATED FEATURES -Folding down tailgate. I have to admit, I initially thought this was a useless feature by now I have used this several times from carrying items, to lifting stuff in the back to changing my little guy. -Hidden anchor hooks in the back floor for bungee cords -The little things…once you own one and you see things like the left foot rest, moving rear console, hidden rear windshield wiper fluid dispenser (a must for winter folk), etc.

Loved by driver and passengers

by Caribgenius from US | February 20, 2012

Bought a 2011 Outlander last April. Its such an awesome SUV. It's almost perfect. It's a crossover with compact exterior dimensions with large car/larger midsize SUV interior dimensions. The fuel is amazing for an SUV. I get about 21 MPG average with the 4WD on and about 23 with 2WD on... and I have a heavy foot! It has a fun to drive nature and better handling than many cars. It's very much connected to the ground. The only thing is that sometimes the sporty ride makes you feel bumps that you may not want to feel, but the ride is actually very comfy overall. The paddle shifters work very well and really help to propel this SUV. The style is really sporty and elegant at the same time. It looks like a vehicle in a higher class than its own. Outlander really has excellent value in a visually outstanding package. I get a lot of complements on this SUV. People usually thinks its much more expensive than it is. I have the 4WD SE version with naviagtion, sunroof, leather dash and door panels, rockford fosgate w/ 750watt subwoofer, cargo cover, bluetooth, DVD player, third row seat, and much more.... all for $29000. Where else can you get that?

2012 Outlander SE

by BAW from Spartanburg, SC | January 23, 2012

Bought a 2012 Outlander SE a short time ago, and I have to say I love this car. Mileage is as advertised, I get 24-25 in the city, and 28-30 on the highway. I personally really like the exterior styling, the biggest knock on it in the reviews I read was the front end, you either love it or hate it, but I like how it looks. One of the nice things about these are that you dont see them all over the road like you do other cars in the same class. The seats on the inside are very comfortable, and you can adjust the backseats forward or backward to accomodate the passengers in the back. The third row seat is very small, but works well for smaller children to get around town. The gauges are set up nicely, and are easy to read and customize to how you want to set them. The stereo is OUTSTANDING...Rockford Fosgate, 9 speakers, and the sound is fantastic, with the 9" subwoofer in the very back. The back tailgate drops down to make loading and unloading much easier then my previous vehicle, which is a big plus. This crossover handles extremely well, drives like a car. I was hesitant to purchase a Mitsubishi, but make sure to check out the warranties offered, as they match or exceed the Hyundai and Kia warranties. If you are looking at this type of vehicle (smaller crossover) do yourself the favor of at least test driving one of these, they are very nice and very, very under rated. The dealer maintenance program and cost associated with upkeep on this car are also something to check out as well. My spouse has a different brand car and bought it last June, and the Misubishi cost in this area is a little more then half of what she has to pay. This vehicle is VERY well worth the money.