2015 Mitsubishi Outlander

2015 Mitsubishi Outlander
Available in 4 styles:  2015 Mitsubishi Outlander 4dr 4x4 shown
Starting MSRP

Overall

Much more of a car than the older GT

by AJ from Louisville, Ky | June 11, 2015

I owned a 2010 Outlander GT and now have the 2015 version. Never mind what Car and Driver or Edmounds or Consumer reports says, the 2015 is a significant improvement, quieter, smoother and can get up and go when needed. Third row seats while still not large are now really usable for small kids. I put 70K miles on the 2010 and all I needed to replace was tires and brakes, the first time in all the many cars i have had over my 55+ years f driving. The 2K rebate from Mitsubitshi was a nice bonus as well. They should have advertised that a lot more loudly than they did. This car came with the Lane Warning feature and while philosophically I can see its usefulness, in reality it is like having a 2nd wife in the car .

Love my SE 4x4, not the "eco" option

by NZ from kansas city | April 24, 2015

First off, beware what size the engine is... My Galant has the same size engine as my new Outlander (I have the SE 4x4 model). So I knew it would be sluggish. Driving with the "eco" on irritates me, because it takes off super slow, forget about passing quickly on the hwy, and if you are on an uphill... somebody needs to get out and push. So... I pushed the button to turn it off and it's much better. Another option you have to speed it up, is switch it from D to Ds (sport), which revs up the engine by at least another 1000 rpm and THEN it goes when you push on the gas pedal pretty fast. It's very stylish, elegant, comfy ride. I love the backup camera and the blue tooth for my phone. Also, the 4x4 has a few options on it as well, like "snow" and I don't remember the other two. The crash test results were good, and had a very good ground to clearance (which comes handy when the snow plow comes and piles snow you have to drive over. Before I decided on this particular car I also researched the Honda CRV and the Toyota RAV4. They have more powerful engines, but are lower to the ground and have less passenger volume. So far I have only 1200 miles on it, so in a few years I'll update my review. I have a 9-year old Galant, so so far I've been very happy with Mitsubishi performance.

very versatile crossover

by all purpose user from Metro Phoenix, AZ | April 15, 2015

I have the 4 cyl. SE AWC version with leather, backup camera, power liftgate, and the awesome Rockford fosgate 710 watt stereo. The ride is very comfortable and I have been getting 30 mpg's with about half highway and half road commute. The secret in driving these is to use the Eco Mode for mpg but throw the shifter into the Ds (sport) mode for quicker acceleration, such as might be needed for passing or freeway merging. Then just slide back over to the regular D-Drive mode. 3rd row is easy to fold, 2nd row could be easier. Stereo reads Bluetooth great and the USB/IPhone/IPod interface is average to good. Have over 7,000 miles in about 5 months and have had no issues. Took one road trip to ski country this winter and it did great. Outlander 4 cyl did better than I thought it would climbing the elevation changes. Very pleased with value for the price.

You will NOT be disappointed! BUY IT TODAY!

by Too Trendy Chic Mom of 2 from Chicago | April 9, 2015

I am totally blown away by my new Outlander! It is such a perfect family car for the perfect family price! It has a third row, the Bluetooth, backup camera, IPOD station...etc..etc... I LOVE it! It rides so nice, there is so much leg room. I have two carseats in the second row, and there is still so much room! The push start, and push button on the handle to unlock the car is so helpful, especially when I am juggling two little ones, my purse, and shopping bags....I also decided on getting the 10 year bumper to bumper warranty offered.. PLUS 5 years 24 hour road side assistance! Run out of gas, call them, have a flat?, call them...this is through Mitsubishi...what a deal! The ECO MODE is fabulous, and the touch screen radio is perfect. I really like how the dash is simple, but everything you need is at your finger tips.. the voice activation system works perfectly! If considering buying this one, go ahead and get it! You will lOVE IT! Very happy buyer!!

Great car, great value

by 4th Mitsubishi from TX | December 12, 2014

We had bought a new 2004 Outlander and never had any problems with it for 175,000 miles. So we bought a 2015 Outlander. It has a 10 year 100k powertrain warranty. We got the SE model which has the back-up camera, 18" alloy wheels, a FAST key for keyless entry and starting, heated seats, and dual climate zones. We also got the premium package with leather seats, sun roof, 710-watt Rockford-Fosgate sound system, power tailgate, etc. We went with the 4 cylinder which is rated 31 mpg highway. It has a eco mode to save gas. It is slow in eco mode but you can give it more gas to go faster or push a button to take it out of eco mode and then put it back in eco mode when you get up to speed. If you need to pass someone it has the power to get up and go. The 2.4-liter 16 valve 4 cylinder engine has 166 hp and 162 lb-ft of torque. It has a continuously variable transmission (CVT). Contrary to some of the reviews, the transmission is quiet and smooth. All the Outlanders have the 3rd row seats which we did not want, so we just leave them folded down. The ride is smooth and the seats are comfortable. The controls and hands-free phone are easy to use. We think it is very stylish. We only have 1200 miles on it and have not had any problems.

2015 outlander 2.4 liter AWC

by Mitsubishi believer from Minneapolis, mn | September 6, 2014

1000 miles into ownership. Commuting 36 miles one way in city and interstate roads. On the interstate averaging 70 the cabin is quiet and very comfortable, being 6 ft I have great head room and love sitting up. View of the road and blinds spots are good. Handling is solid and responsive. MPG, so far in mixed city roads and freeway getting 25, in normal front wheel drive mode. Freeway driving this thing is pushing 30 and it is still so new. The CVT provides nice torque from a dead spot and passing it is good. The inside materials are like most cars, lots of plastic. The SE model has all the toys I need for this commuter vehicle, nice stereo, heated seats, power windows, locks and really easy to use steering wheel controls. If have not thought about Mitsubishi, you should take a hard look. 5 year bumper to bumper or 60k warranty plus a 10 year, 100k power train warranty is really nice. I've been a Ford guy for sometime, looked at an Escape but they are expensive, a little confining and the core warranty is not even in the same league as the Mitsubishi. CRV and RAV4 are nice and you can't go wrong with either, but the Outlander is every bit a match to them and if you take one for a drive you probably will buy one. Hope this helps you make a decision.