2006 Mitsubishi Raider

Available in 12 styles:  2006 Mitsubishi Raider 4x2 Extended Cab shown

Overall

'06 DuroCross V8 Double Cab

by CTArlington from Arlington, TX | February 9, 2011

This is a great truck. I bought it used a year ago and have not had a single problem (48k miles). I traded in a full-size truck and do not regret it one bit. Great looking on the outside, comfortable on the inside. Great stereo. Excellent Bluetooth. The V8 has more than enough power to do whatever you'll need. You won't be disappointed.

Happy I shopped around!

by HitMan64 from Brrrr Colorado!!! | March 9, 2010

My wife and I bought our Raider duro-cross 4x4 4 door truck used 2 years ago with 11,000 miles on it and have put another 20,000 miles on it without even one problem. Very strong and reliable truck all around. Getting 18mpg around town and 26 on hi-way with the 4.7 V8 5spd auto really surprised me. We live in Colorado and it does exceptionally well in the snow,rain and ice conditions here in winter. Off road it climbs like a mountain goat! Rides and drives more like a car then a truck too! Quite ride at hi-way speeds too and the 6 cd stereo is a plus! all in all the truck has surpassed all of our expectations. We are very happy we shopped around and did the research before we bought.

Great warranty and looks

by Mit Driver from San Angelo, Texas | July 20, 2009

I bought this truck new and have over 12,000 miles on it. It is a great looking truck and has a better warranty than the Dakota, but is basically the same truck. It does everything I need, to include towing a trailer and motorcycle through Arizona, Utah and Nevada. The only thing I wish the truck had was a lumbar support in the driver's seat.

Best truck for the money

by Dima from St. Louis MO | July 30, 2007

Good engine, high torque, low on HP,cheap quality of trim and details like that, great warranty. Biggest bang for the buck

Lots of Truck for it's size

by Geocache from Arizona | June 22, 2007

I have had my Raider since November 2006. This truck never ceases to amaze me. It handles well, and is down right sexy. The only problem is it makes a loud kerchunk when putting auto transmission into park/drive. I'm currently working with the dealership on a resolution

Like a Dakota but with better looks!

by Truck Guy from Colorado Springs | January 4, 2007

I have owned a 99 Dakota Sport with the 5.2L V8 Extended Cab, and compared to that the 06 Raider Durocross V8 rides smoother and has a much quieter ride. The only (and I mean ONLY) complaint I have about it is the back seat. Even my 99 Dakota had a roomier backseat and it was the same extended cab body style! I person would think that if they found the need to add 2 more doors to the extended cab model, that they would have gave you more leg room in the rear. As a 6'3" individual, I find it pretty close to impossible to fit in the backseat even with the front seat slid all the way forward, I think the only use for the backseat is for storage and possibly carrying children. Other than the small backseat though, I love the ride, power, and driveability of the Raider. And look forward to a 4.7High Output engine or the bringing back of the 5.2L V8 sometime in the near future hopefully.

Smooth, reliable and good looking

by MarksRaider from Dallas, Tx | December 28, 2006

I have owned my Raider double-cab since June. It is the XLT version with all the trimmings. Prior to purchasing this vehicle, I owned a 2000 Dodge Dakota double-cab. The Raider is a huge improvement over the older version of the Dakota, quieter, better ride and more options and features. I have received many compliments on its looks, inside and out. My passengers are happy with the room and the ride quality as well. Given the problems that Mitsubishi is having with selling these, I got a great bargain compared to trying to buy a Dakota. To date, its been trouble free. My only complaint about it is the poor gas mileage. It actually gets worse mileage than my old Dakota. I know the truck is slightly bigger, but I expected that Dodge's engineers would have found away to improve the MPG.

Dakota remake?

by Macflo from Houston, Texas | November 18, 2006

I was told by the salesman that this truck is a Dakota under Mitsu name. After I drove it, I knew this guy was wrong. I owned a 02 Dakota with the same engine (4.7) and it performed very well. The Raider is a far more better vehicle and performs wonderful. The truck is full of toys like bluetooth connection in the mirror, excellent radio, better than average seats, etc. I have had this truck for a month and I'm got accostumed to the comments of people on the road about the "good looking truck" I have. The best part of the package is the engine/transmission. Made by Daimler, the powerful V8 leaves behind Toyotas, Fords, etc. Those trucks could have more hp but the Raider has a better hp/lb. ft. relationship and you feel the big torque from the very first time you push the gas pedal. Want even better performance?, just add a K&N filter and you will feel in a race track.

Keep Looking!

by Hunk Of Tin from Baytowy, TX. | October 30, 2006

I have had the raider for five months, i have taken it in several times , it has the shakes, which they say is normal? i do not agree! they had a recall on the brakes i never knew about! and now it is sitting in the driveway, my grandaughter and i were on our way to pick up my other grandchildren and it died on us on a very busy road! that is scarey!not a vehicle for road trips, think twice before you BUY ONE!!

Featured Services for this Mitsubishi Raider