2009 Nissan Altima Hybrid

35 city / 33 hwy

Overall

Very Happy With Mine

by Takiyon from Easton, PA | July 21, 2014

Bought Mine Used with all the options including navigation and sunroof. With 92000 Miles on the clock and it still rides awsome. Be very careful with dealers since they will try to scam you any chance they get. They do have a low resale value because people fear the hybrid technology breaking down. I used to drive a 99 Honda Civic that got me around 33 mpg. I drive this and I now get about the same with a much bigger and comfortable car. Overall very happy with my car after I put foglights in her. Makes the car look so much better than the cheap inserts on the bumper.

First car I've owned

by That guy from Nashville, TN | July 21, 2013

This is my first car, and I have to say it is an absolute blast. I've only been 1k miles in it, so I can't really comment on reliability yet. Just took a road trip in it, 600 miles round trip on probably 75% interstate and got 36.5 mpg for the whole trip, used less than a full tank for the whole trip. It's got great pep when you need it, rides smooth, and the seats felt comfortable even after six hours of driving. It does have some cons though. It has a small trunk (can fit two full sets of gold clubs but not much else), the interior has some cheap looking fixtures, it can only run ev mode for about 10-15 minutes in stop and go rush hour before the battery is drained, and it fits four people fine, but five gets pretty cramped in the back. Still, as a first car it's got incredible looks and it's nice and efficient (fine with regular gas).

GREAT CAR!

by Zayne from Rochester ny | December 17, 2012

Be carefull how much you pay, they have LOW trade value!.. I loved mine.. great acceleration!, CVT does the job, but is not fun. car rides nice, comfortable seats, cheap dash material, and interior seat covering. Sound system is VERY nice! traded in with 71K and only every replaced the battery! $200 DIY. Fuel consuption does not match EPA rates. I say 32mpg average, best I ever got was 35mpg hwy, Id sa it should be rated 27mpg city and 35mpg hwy. Much better in warm weather!

nice midsize option

by zaynezx6r from Rochester ny | January 16, 2012

I like the altima. the size is good. the fuel mileage is a bit over rated. I average 33mpg. I was expecting slightly better. Takes too long for the car to warm up for hybrid to work. materials used inside are tacky. the red ullumination is nice. great HP. The hinges feel week on all opening parts. I liek the size/mileage combo. I dislike the bland looks and materials used in construction. Seats are not good for long drives!! my leg goes numb.

Practical. Reliable. Comfortable.

by Yippie from Lawrence, KS | February 25, 2011

When I started looking for a new car, I thought I would end up with a little SUV thing. However, I drove a bunch of options in the small SUV category and they just weren't for me. They were too bulky, too clunky, too sluggish and they were all going to get me aroung 17 - 22 miles to the gallon, which wasn't appealing. Then I found a Nissan Altima Hybrid on a website and was quite surprised - I didn't even know these cars were being made. (I live in Kansas and they aren't sold here.) When I drove the car, I immediately liked it. It was plenty big - seats 4 adults comfortably. It was peppy and easy to drive. Plus, the gas mileage estimates for the car are great. If I could change anything about this car, it would be the finishes. My car was a rental car in Pheonix, so it's pretty bare bones - no upgrade options. I would have really liked to find one with leather interior or a sunroof, but those things are just frills... I've only owned the car for about 3 months now, but it's doing very well in the harsh winter. I drive almost exclusively on the highway and get about 30 mpg; I'd get better mileage if I drove more city miles. Overall, I'm happy with the car and very glad I was able to find it. I wish Nissan would sell these cars in all 50 states - I would definately purchase a new one and pay to have the upgrades like leather and a sunroof. :)

I loved this car plan to buy one

by DHP from Bufflo, NY | May 13, 2010

My friend and I rented this car for a trip and I was a bit disappointed when I found out we were getting a hybrid. After driving the car I was very surprised at the acceleration the car and the gas mileage the car had. It was a little cramped in the drivers seat, but for the gas mileage I would compromise, This was the 1st hybrid I've ever driven and Loved it, Currently looking to buy one. The trunk was kinda small, just enough room for two suit cases. We averaged 33 mpg mixed driving and we are both a bit lead footed. Since it was a rental we only had the car for 3 days, so I don't know how the service life of the car is. I liked the Nissan Smart key, I liked not having to dig the keys out of my pocket to start the car. I wish it would stay in Ev mode a little more in the city but my driving that probably didn't allow for it.

Power & Economy - beats Camry & Fusion for less $$

by Former sports car driver from Agressive NJ driver | December 3, 2009

This is the most powerful hybrid in its class w/ 198 combined HP. There is no sacrifice in the performance dept. The only compromise (besides higher price compared to base Altima) is trunk space and no pass-through for long items because the hybrid & starter batteries take up about 1/3 of trunk space. I also chose the Altima because it comes in a lot cheaper than the Camry or Fusion partly due to the IRS rebate, up to $2350 depending on your bracket. Honda and Toyota/Lexus blew past their IRS hybrid vehicle limits long ago and offer zero rebate. It was about $1000- more than a Prius or Civic hybrid for a lot more car. Prius gets much better MPG but if you are a 'driver' I'll bet you won't like the Prius. I wish the Altima coupe was available in hybrid though; hint to Nissan, would be a unique entry!! I avg. 32 mpg in mixed driving w/ a heavy foot, slightly lower than EPA 35/33. Car is perfectly happy on regular. Two minor issues: 1) the stock tires (Continentals) are horrible, especially in wet. Can't wait to replace them; 2) Car does not slip into electric mode when stopped if engine is cold & heater on. I turn off the climate control at lights to facilitate (I'd rather be cold and save gas); I wish there was an automatic way to do this. I assume this is an issue for all hybrids, not sure if any manufacturer has a solution. I recommend this car to anyone who is enthusiastic about both conservation and the sport of driving.

Featured Services for this Nissan Altima Hybrid