1995 Nissan Altima

Information Coming Soon

Overall

Great 1st car

by TTS from Baltimore,MD | May 28, 2012

I recently purchased a 95 Altima in December. I have had put in nearly $3000 worth of repair work in the time I have had it. Despite that massive amount I still love this car. Most of the items replaced were minor but expensive due to strenuous labor and previous owner neglect; may I add I live in Baltimore; which may hold the title for worst streets in the nation. But since I have had this car it has never stalled out on me or had me stranded on the highway. That is almost unbelievable when I am seeing new Fords, Toyota's", Honda"s, and even BMW'S and Mercedes on the side of the road. Gas mileage is around 25mpg mixed not great; but not bad either. That fuel economy is due to a four banger that rivals many of today's 4 cylinder engines in the power department. This car always has a little kick and will easily go over the limit if your not paying attention. My 95 has just under 130,000 miles on it and I am confident when I say it will make it to at least 200,000. These are good cars that can take abuse(Mechanics were amazed my car was running; because previous owners abused it so bad) and will outlive many newer cars. If you buy from a private owner make sure all maintenance was taken care of and this car will serve you well.

My 17-year-old car

by Ric from Houston , Texas | November 15, 2011

I'm looking to get rid of my 1995 Nissan Altima and maybe get a 2001 or 2005 Nissan Altima. I really enjoy my old car but I can no longer keep it maintained anymore like I used to and part of the reason is the fact that I am financing a 2007 Nissan Altima for my wife.I've had this car for 6 years and it has never given me any major problems it's very good on gas it has a very strong engine and transmission. I already have about 200k miles on it and it's still going but I have to get something new.

Great value

by BBB from | June 16, 2009

This is a good car. Very spacious inside, but not a big boat on the outside. Nice interior, wood grain panel, power everything except seats. Very realiable and fairly cheap to repair. Handles the road well and lasts forever. Mine already has 193,000 and it's still going with little maintenance. I'm satisfied with my time with the car, but i'm upgrading to something more luxury. Would recommend.

Bought used, served me well

by Gaius from Missouri | January 30, 2008

I bought a 95 Altima GXE 5 spd with about 70,000 miles on it in 1999. I sold it after driving it for 9 years and adding 80,000 miles, and it served me very well. It handles great in cornering, and never had any serious problems with clutch, tranny, engine, etc. I appreciated that it (along w/ many Nissans) had a timing chain that never has to be replaced (vs. a timing belt), which I think added to the durability of the engine, and saved me $$$. Gas mileage was decent, average 24 mpg city/hwy. Features were decent, but I could have used a fold-down back seat on many occasions. It always looked good, except that the wheel covers kept coming off--I think this is endemic w/ all Altimas of this type, as I always see them missing wheel covers. OK to maintain, except the oil filter was not readily accessible, but I could still reach over the suspension to get it. Overall good value, if you buy one, you should be blessed w/ a decent used car.

140,000 and would still be going if it wasn't hit

by Why is foreign made better than american? from Phoenix, AZ | November 29, 2006

No major problems. I had this car for 7 years and only had to replace the radiator. Of course I kept up on the regular maintenance.