1998 Nissan Altima

$467–$6,247

24 city / 31 hwy

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Best money I ever spend in a car

by Searey from Atalanta , GA. | October 28, 2013

I bought my 1998 Altima as a second car for my family when it was new , the car still running strong with over 190K miles!!! Everyone in my family from my Dad to my Daughter have driven this car for periods of times over the years and nothing mayor have ever happen to it , even the air conditioning works like new !!! If you are looking for a reliable car with low maintenance this's the car!!

Still runs smoothly, quietly, looks awesome...

by I heart my Altima from Murfreesboro, TN | November 4, 2012

I bought my '01 Altima in '06 with 63,000 miles on it. It now has 170k miles and runs *beautifully*. I've had standard maintenance done to it - other than that I've had to replace the battery and radiator - no other mechanical failures! I cannot believe that my 11-year-old-car still delivers the way this one does. WAY TO GO Nissan - you hit it out of the park when you designed the 98-01 year model Altimas.

Excellent Dependable Economy Car

by Nick from Cranston, RI | July 21, 2012

I bought my '98 GXE in 2004 with 50k miles, and it has been great every single mile. I now have 160k miles. The car drives great in the rain and snow. The car is comfortable, economical, and simple to repair. I've had only minor repairs done on the car. Over the 8 years, so far I've had to have the following work done: -Replaced the radiator, which had a crack at the plastic portion. $175, done at a local shop. -Resealed the power steering pump, which had a small leak. $5. done myself. -Replaced the windshield wiper motor. $40, done myself. -Replaced the blower motor resistor because the heater/AC only worked on HI or OFF. $37, done myself. -Replaced both front lower control arms after getting a knocking when braking/accelerating. $300 each, done at a local shop. -Replaced a CV half shaft, $200, done at local shop. Other than the above repairs, the rest has been oil changes, coolant changes, transmission fluid changes, filters, brakes, and tires. I haven't even had to replace the battery yet... It's the original Nissan battery that came with the car when I bought it. The bad control arms are probably due more to the pothole-laden roads here in the Northeast than poor workmanship. The engine (valve train) is a bit noisy when I first start it up on cold winter mornings, but after about 5 seconds of running, the lifters quiet right down. The car has good pickup for a 4-cylinder with an automatic, rides well on our harsh roads, and the interior is simple and well-designed. The white paint is excellent, and the body and undercarriage has absolutely no rust. I hope to keep the car until I get to at least 200,000 miles.

Very Reliable

by Altauon from Palmdale, CA | June 7, 2012

I brought this car used in 2000 from a Nissan certified Dealer with 60000. No problems till I hit the 200000 mileage mark the the engine which needed to be replaced. It now has a 1999 low mileage engine in it and again is running like a new car. Note replacement parts are really low price for this vehicle gotta love it!

Poor Customer Service

by Advertised car from UK | March 5, 2012

I rang from the UK to ask about the advertised. The dealer told me he couldn't help because Iam not in the US and he cut off the phone. I rang again to explain to the dealer that that shouldn't be a problem because I ve relatives who could come and pay for the car. The dealer insult me badly on phone and he said he doesn't care that the car is just $1500 and not Fifteen thousand Dolars. I cautioned him that he shouldn't talk to a customer like that way. He said, Iam stupid and he said "I should kiss his a"se".

Great Car for the Money

by Student Commuter from San Francisco Bay Area, CA | July 24, 2010

Perfect car for a commuter who does need anything fancy. There is plenty of space - I regularly transported my bike by lowering the back seat. The exterior is not the sexiest but the car worked without a hassle for me.

nice car when it runs

by nealsetter from merrimack NH | June 28, 2010

Ran into issues had to replace alternator and battery. Now back in shop runs hard. had 95000 miles .Bought in the end of FEB 2010

the best car i ever had

by mick from Richmond, VA | March 18, 2008

i bought this car with 20 miles on it and now i have 243000 and this car has costed me nothing. the only money in put in this car was for regular matinence. This car is still runnig very good.

Featured Services for this Nissan Altima