1999 Nissan Altima

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Best Car

by Harper from Hartford CT | January 29, 2014

I bought "Elsie" (L.C. = Little Car) brand new in May 1999. I am looking at new cars now only because she's 15 this May. I get the oil changed, the occasional tune-up, new tires, live in New England where we get every kind of weather, drive all-season radials. She's never let me down. Starts on the first turn of the key, goes through everything including off road when necessary and I won't trade her in 'cause no one would pay me what she's worth. I drive a stick and always have - this is the best car I've ever had. Comfortable on long hauls, heats up quickly in the winter, a/c cools quickly in the summer. I had to drive to CT from Baltimore in the hours preceeding superstorm Sandy and I rented an Altima. It gave me the same confidence as my own. I drove from VA to CT during Hurricane Hannah (Id10T, I know) and my then 10-yr-old Altima got us through some horrific conditions. In good weather, with a good road, she's a delight to drive. Can't recommend this car enough. My cousin bought one a year ago and he loves his, too.

1999 Nissan Altima GXE

by rk from | December 24, 2013

Great vehicle overall great on gas millage low cost for repair and to maintain most reliable vehicle so far

DO NOT EVEN THINK ABOUT VISITING THIS PLACE!!!!!!!

by Consumer from queens new york | December 10, 2013

They put cars up that they don't have to lure you to there place and then they try to get you to buy another car when they tell you that the car you saw online is not actually for real....don't waste your time..

1999 Nissan Altima

by w0rdy from Kansas City, Ks | June 3, 2013

I love this car! Mine currently has 210k miles and is still going strong. Routine maintenance on this vehicle will keep running strong for another 200k miles. Over the years of owning this vehicle I have had to replaced the alternator, the water pump, the radiator, and the brakes and calibers. This car has been all over the Midwest in the years I have owned it, it has comfortable bucket seats plenty of leg room in the back seat. The only thing that I wish I could change is the length of the seat belt. I am short and when I move the seat almost all the way up to be able to reach the pedals the seat belt won't fit around me so I had to buy an extender. I commute to work 30 miles each way 5 days a week I have loved Nissans since my very first car they are consistently reliable and I would buy another one.

The Altima is the Ultimate

by curlyfrizzyhair from Nashville, TN. | June 2, 2013

I've owned this car since 2000 and I bought it used. Now I needed some butte room and it had enough cushion to handle my butte. So that was a major plus. The CD player I had fixed but it didn't stay fixed so I think their is something wrong with the CD player. This car has made over 10 trips to Arizona and one to Nashville, TN. and is great on Gas. I've decided to keep this car after all the great reviews and just work on the cosmetics of the car. It will be a great 2nd car if I get my Nissan Cube.

My reliable and trusted chariot

by pastellady from Sykesville, MD | October 18, 2011

We bought this car in 2000 expecting to trade it in after about 5 years. That time came and went with no thought of making any changes. The only repairs have been normal wear and tear, the ride is comfortable (I have driven it many times up and down the east coast from DC to Florida and I have a back problem), it has great storage with the back seat lying flat, and all the controls are conveniently located for the driver. I expect to keep it on the road for years to come.

Reliable vehicle

by Mac from Ceres,New York | April 23, 2011

Purchase new with 5 spd transmission; used as work vehicle;great mileage up to 35 mpg;ending mileage on vehicle 360K; never engine or transmission problems; had axle seal leak at gear box drivers side. Give this car high recommendation. Now have 2000 Altima purchased used with 144K;presently has 272K heading for 300K. Oil changes and tires only expenses. Both cars never garaged and driven in snowbelt;never fails to start in all temperatures and weather conditions.

Best Car I've Ever Owned

by CC from Kansas City, MO | May 23, 2009

Bought my 1999 Altima SE brand new. I've owned it for 10 years now and have driven it basically every day. It now has 192K miles and still runs like a top. More than enough power in the city and great passing power on the highway. Other than changing the oil & tires regulary, I've done NOTHING to my Altima and it has never once let me down. Still starts right up on the first try no matter what the weather is like. I'll keep this one for another year or so then get another new one. Toyota & Honda have nothing on Nissan. I've owned a Civic & Corolla and they are junk compared to my Altima.

Eight years of joy

by Altima lover from Baltimore, md | July 29, 2008

I have owned my Altima for eight years, and have loved it! I bought it when I was eight months preganant in Florida, because it had COLD AC, but have enjoyed every aspect of it since then. My family makes several 2,000 mile car trips a year, and the children have been very comfortble in the back seat. I love the power I have with my standard transmission. The car handles great. The only problem is that it started leaking trans fluid, and they say the trans is going out at 160,000 miles. I hate to get rid of my car, but I guess I will have to. I am looking at getting another Altima.

Most reliable care I have ever owned.

by Friendly neighborhood driver from Levittown, NY | December 27, 2007

Great car. Always starts. Great in the snow and on long distance trips. Good gas mileage local, better gas mileage on the highway, usually about 31mpg. I am at 200,000 miles with my late 90s model and except for some basic maintenance, the car still runs well. I highly recomend this car.

Featured Services for this Nissan Altima