2000 Nissan Altima

Available in 4 styles:  2000 Nissan Altima 4dr Sedan shown

Overall

Love my Altima

by Nissan lover from Portland, Oregon | June 14, 2014

I bought my Altima used with 80,000 miles, I am now over 255,000 miles. It is very comfortable, handles great, not too big and not too small, and it looks great, still. Insided and out has held up very well. Besides regular maintinance I have had to do very little to this car. Replaced the clutch at 240,000 miles and it is starting to leak oil a bit but with the miles I have on it I am very happy. Starting to shop for a another car but hate to part with this one!

My Baby

by Safn Clark from Dallas, TX | November 13, 2013

Ive been owning this car since 2002 and its 2013 today and still had no problems, never broke down, and both heater and ac works! I put some black rims, tinted windows, and big muffler. Looks new!

Yes-this is the most reliable auto I've ever owned

by Altima lover from Ocala, FL | September 20, 2010

I wish I could afford to buy a new Altima now. It's the best car I've ever owned. We just traded it in for a Hyundai Elantra Touring car. I hated to trade it in but wanted a hatchback and the car was going on 12 years old. Had only 98,000 miles on it - was so reliable. I would have kept it as a second car if I didn't need it for the downpayment on a newer car. I highly recommend and Nissan auto as they are really great cars. There didn't seem to be anything seriously wrong with the car when we traded it in...and it looked new as we took care of it. I was the original owner - a non-smoker.

Very Reliable!!

by Mom of Four from Boston, MA | June 2, 2010

We had our 2000 Altima for 125,000 miles and did not have to put one penny in it besides routine maintenance. Great Car would highly recommend it to anyone!

Sportiest Car I ever drove

by Great Deal Seeker from Palatine, IL | April 7, 2009

I bought this 2.4SE Altima with 112K miles. Because it was well driven, I had to replace some parts, like the entire braking system, which cost me $500. It has great fuel economy for the horsepower. The ride is a little on the hard side because of the thin tires stiff suspension, but that is why this car handles very well on highway, curves, and wet pavements. I have owned a 95 Camry 2.2LE, which was much quieter and had a much better ride quality, but it had the same 29 Hwy mpg as this Altima and it had much less horsepower. Overall the Altima has great handling, performance, and fuel economy.

excellent

by cris from NC | February 16, 2009

This was my second car and it was totaled in an accident. I am now looking for the same car. I loved this car! I bought it with over 100,000 miles on it and it gave me NO problems! I recommend this car to everyone!

Great Vehicle

by US Army Soldier from Petersburg, VA | April 27, 2008

I am sad to be selling this vehicle since it has been the most reliable one I have driven to date. It's fuel economy is excellent and reliability stellar. I would recommend a Nissan Altima to anyone who is looking for a fuel efficient and reliable car.

Car Fire at 65,000 miles

by n/a from des moines, iowa | April 15, 2008

I would not recommend this car, had a car fire @ 65,000 miles, so badly burnt, tests were done to determine where it came from, but was unable to tell. missed the fire by 10 mins, luckly was not hurt during the Fire. I even have photos for proof.

My Black Beauty <3

by Vaquia from Columbus, OH | December 6, 2007

I bought my 2000 Altima used last year after a long painful ownership of a 1998 Sebring. I love it to death! There is this one thing: the engine does not always shut off right away after I've turned the key to shut it off. I've found that if I have something else running, like the fan or the radio, and then turn that off a second before I turn the engine off, the engine will turn off like it's supposed to right away. There's this another small thing: if I don't park with the wheel exactly straight, the car may not start next time I go to drive it. Nobody has been able to ever find out what that's about because it'll start when they test it so of course none of the tests are going to come back as someting being bad. So I have to park straight and turn the engine off right away after parking and turning everything else off. I can live with that. :-)

my nissan altima

by Nenerz from Mia | October 23, 2007

is a very safe reliable car, I'd recomend it to anyone that is looking to buy a used car, not only is it good on gas but it is ver spacious, has a big trunk...