2001 Nissan Altima

2001 Nissan Altima

Available in 4 styles:  2001 Nissan Altima 4dr Sedan shown

Overall

A near clone of a recemtly totaled vehicle

by Geppetto from Raleigh, NC | October 14, 2013

Though I rate this car a 5 all around I do not recommend it for the following reasons. It is 12 years old and, if wrecked like the one it replaced, most will be extremely fortunate to find a suitable replacement without good fortune and experiencing a significant out of pocket expense. The one it replaced was totaled on 9/08/2013. It too was a 2001 Altima GXE with 135,000 miles going for 200,000, easily in my view. It was my 3rd Altima, all totaled through no fault of my own. This one is my 4th and if wrecked too I'll take it as a sign, though I don't believe in that sought of thing. This one is an SE with less than 107,000 miles and in excellent condition after making minor mechanical repairs identified before making an offer, below the asking price, which was accepted. It's like a resurrection of an old lover. That nostalgia comes at a price which may not be acceptable to most buyers but eminently worth it to me.

best car ive bought so far

by opened my eyes a bit from Ithaca, NY | September 28, 2013

bought my altima used for cheap! with 98k on the dash. have put 10k since then. never had a problem with it. the rear deck feels a little smushed, and the car seems sluggish at times, though the mere addition of a cold air intake ($60 or so) seemed to pep it up. great car, definitely a fan.

Almost zero maintenance

by Tom from Lynchburg, VA | February 10, 2013

I've owned this 2001 Altima GXE for 80,000 miles(it now has 140,000 miles). Got as much as 32 mpg on the 4 cylinder. Replaced the intake gasket(common problem due to one hot cylinder) and the alternator. Been a wonderful car and obviously treated me right. Thanks Nissan!

No repairs auto

by I want a Jeep Cherokee from Souther Nevada | January 1, 2013

This car has never needed road repairs. It has always had unequalled preventative maintenance. It has 207K miles, and many, many more left. I do not want to sell it, however I must now start going into hills off road in my treasure hunting hobby so I need a 4 whell drive Jeep Cherokee.

Best Money

by MayaPR from Broken Arrow, OK | December 6, 2012

Bought a used Altima Limited with 90K miles. I got it from an individual it belonged to his granny. This car was service right and it shows. It currently has 115K and nothing wrong. Not as good on fuel MPG. But overall very pleased with my 2001 Altima.

Best Car I've Ever Owned

by Love the Altima from Northern Kentucky | July 15, 2010

Bought the car in 2001, slightly used, on a lease agreement. Purchased the car at the end of the lease and finally paid it off a few months ago. It is without a doubt the best car that I've ever owned. It has just over 100,000 miles on it and unless something unforeseen happens, we plan on keeping on keeping on with it. Repairs have included regular maintenance, new axles and belts and that's about it.

Excellent Car

by George from Hudson, OH from Hudson, OH | November 28, 2009

I leased this vehicle in 2001 and purchased it after the lease expired. I just surpassed 231,000 miles and would like to keep driving it but feel it's time for a new Altima. The only maintenance has been oil changes, brake pads, wiper blades, belts and hoses. This is a great vehicle and I would highly recommend it to anyone.

Great Car

by Loran from RI | October 22, 2009

Purchased car used in the spring of 2008 with about 85,000 miles. Now has 108,00 The only problem has been a wheel bearing that went, certainly normal wear and tear. I fully expect to get it to 200,000 or more. Awesome car

Good car

by Hillrunner50 from Phoenix, AZ | May 11, 2009

I got my 2001 used in 2005 with 38k mi. I have since put 100k on it. I had engine mounts replaced at 90k, water pump at 90k, and steering pump at 90k, but now that car has 138k and I have had zero problems. I've only done routine maintenance on it. Gas mileage is about 28-30 city/fwy and about 26 when I run the a/c. Paint is fading fast, but I park it in the sun all the time. Main complaint is the low front bumper. I've scraped and torn it up so much that it's not worth fixing any more.

A very reliable car

by Roy from Spokane | July 31, 2007

My 2001 Nisssan Altima has never had a mechanical problem and currently has 81,100 miles. I have changed all fluids and filters myself according to the maintence manuals (factory) and have changed all belts once.. I have no complaints about this car purchased new in Mrach 2001.