2003 Nissan Altima

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Dont buy it

by Altima2003 from Quebec, CA | September 27, 2013

I need to remplace suspension table every year its a 1200$ job, I aint do it this year so maybe i will lose a wheel a any moment

Love My Altima!

by Chase'sMom from South Central Kentucky | May 18, 2013

I have always upgraded to a newer vehicle that is only 1 year old or brand new on an averge of every 3 years. I bought my 2003 Altima in 2005 and am still loving it! It has 275,000 miles on it and I have not had any major repairs. It still had the original battery in 2012! The Bose system thumps and my 18 year old son still wants to prove it to his friends. I still love the way it rides & handles and enjoy driving it more than with the top down on my firebird convertable that I am now wanting to sell. I also still get compliments on how nice it looks. When I mention the miles on my altima and I may need to start looking to buy again, my mechanic who basically just changes the oil in my nissan says .. "No... this nissan will last a lot longer.. hang on to it... they are great cars". I think I'll keep the 2003 Altima and buy a new Altima next year after my 2003 reaches 300,000 miles :)

Nissan Altima

by AuidiA4Scott from Phoenixville, PA | January 13, 2013

I bought this car 4 years used and it had just over 30,000 miles. 5 years later it had close to 150,000 miles and never needed any major reparis. It still had the originai clutch when I traded it in a couple of weeks ago. I would highly recommend this vehicle to anyone. It was a good car that I averaged close to 30,000 miles a year on. Very reliable, great engine, awesome value.

Most Excited Daughter on Earth

by Redbone from Chicago, IL | May 30, 2012

This was the best car-buying experience I have ever had. We not only enjoy the vehicle but we also enjoyed the individuals who sold it to us as well. Great day!

Too performance oriented

by car shopping dad from Greenville, SC | January 30, 2012

We needed a car for my daughter to take to college. She drives interstates to school and I wanted decent performance for merging, excellent side and rear visibility, reliability and decent fuel economy. The 03 Altima has superior visibility for merging and lane changes due to the extended rear windows and narrow pillar supports. With the 2.5L 4 cyl engine 175 HP is produced at a reasonable RPM. Overall, we have 2 main complaints. The transmission really needs a 5th speed as excessive RPMs are clocked at highway speeds. Also, we have had some troublesome strut problems. Fuel economy suffers, especially in town. Better gearing, and a somewhat smaller engine would do the trick. Quality is OK, but Honda and Toyota are better built, and are more refined in terms of driveability.

Worst Car Ever

by Disgruntled Dad from Southeastern, Pa. | December 13, 2011

Engine and transmission problems galore. Too many to enumerate. Google "2003 Altima problems" and read about the problems that exist with this motor. Typical for other years also. Bad, bad, bad!!!

Can you spell A-M-A-Z-I-N-G?!?

by BigTwon from Tupelo, MS | November 7, 2011

I'm 17 years old and this is my first car. I have the 2.5S and it's everything i need in a car. I'm a huge speed demon and this car gives me what I want :-) It's really peppy!!! I would put this car up against any 4 cylinder out there!! Gas mileage is really good in my opinion. [Memphis and back (about 250 miles) and only used 1/2 tank!). This car makes me want to take long trips because the stereo is awesome, the air conditioner and the heater are very responsive, passing people is a joy, the car handles curves wonderfully, and the engine sounds awesome when roaring!!! It's always turning heads and people can't believe it's just a 4cyl, they always think it's a V6 under the hood. Also, my car had 140,000 miles on it and it runs like a champ and it feels really well built and solid. I LOVE IT!!

Value for money

by Nissan2003 from Cockeysville, MD | September 19, 2011

I bought this car with 68,000 miles, now I have over 90,000 miles and no major repairs. the car is a little noisy when you step on gas. Very good handling. Awesome, I would definately reccomend it to a friend.

'03 Altima

by Best deal yet from Phoenix, AZ | July 22, 2011

Bought this car used with 31000 miles. This car performs like our Toyotas and is larger than the Honda Accord that I previously owned. Gas mileage is about 26 miles per gallon overall but is decent for a mid sized sedan.

good cheap ride

by frankjunnet from port st lucie | July 8, 2011

Is not a 5 stars car but for the price i paid is good. Have some wierd noise because the engine shakes to much and has a loosed heat shield who mahe weird sound but is not a big deal.

Featured Services for this Nissan Altima