2004 Nissan Altima

Available in 4 styles:  2004 Nissan Altima 4dr Sedan shown

Overall

Still Going

by Loyal from West Palm Beach, Florida | July 29, 2014

Almost 10 years 211,000 miles and still going. If you are going to buy please get 3.5 and not 2.5. It seems as 2.5 has more problems than 3.5. I have another Honda Accord but I still like this one better.

I am soooo pleased

by Just Mom from Los Angeles, CA | July 25, 2012

I made an excellent purchase for my daughter's first car. The Nissan dealer gave me a thumbs up when I had the car inspected. And my daughter loves it!

Comfortable and inexpensive to run

by johnnyj from Manalapan, NJ | November 13, 2011

This car has above average reliability and I have ver few expenses other than oil changes, and tires.

Very Lucky

by Lucky from Wisconsin | October 28, 2010

I would recommend this car to everyone! I love the luxury about it. Its a smooth fast car! I'm so happy I came to this website. I bought it from a private owner and got the deal of my life! No car payments for me! Yaayy !! Thank you Cars.com!!

Awesome car!

by Hol from Atlanta | October 17, 2009

I bought a used Altima 2.5S from 2004. This car is great. I have driven Honda Civics and an Accord previously, but after this car would never go back to these. Exterior: The styling is timeless. This is a car that people will love even after 10 years. Interior: Same as exterior is timeless. The buttons and controls are placed where they should, unlike other cars where, after a few months driving, I would still think controls are placed weird. The designers of this car really thought this through in detail. there is also plenty of nicely covered storage. comfort: I have driven this from Atlanta to Waterbury (Connecticut) in one day and I got out of the car not feeling tired at all. I have done this trip in three different cars (Civic; Accord; Taurus), which all left me completely exhausted. The seats are very comfortable and give you support and freedom of movement at the same time. I have a bad lower back and therefore seats are extremely important to me. Performance: Although not extremely sporty, the pickup and acceleration are there when you need it. The minus I have on here is that when the gears switch when accelerating the rpm does not stay in its optimal range, but falls about 1000rpm below it. Handling: is how it should be in a car like this. Comfort, but extremely safe and secure handling, even in rainy days. Features: I would suggest to always go with a Special Edition. It gives you just those features that you really enjoy. Mine is standard 2.5S, but I wish I chosen the Special Edition. Value for the money: A car of this size, and these features should be valued a category higher then it currently is. (Not complaining there though! :) ). Reliability: I have never had any problems with this car. I am on 70K miles and no problems at all. This car is meant to keep going! Overall: This is a definite car I would continue to buy. The car is great and I am confident it will be great for many years and miles to come. People that have driven next to me in the car are really surprised about the styling and consistency of the car. I recommend this highly.

First Nissan

by traveling consultant from Boston MA | September 7, 2008

I bought the car brand new 2.5s with a manual tranny.. the exterior is one of its highlights due to the poor material inside..I have about 100k on the car and the only thing out of the ordinary was a crankshaft postioning sensor that failed. car rides fairly well but not as nice as a honda or toyota..gets only about 28mpg on the highway and thats what it averages at 80 mph for 5 hours staright on the road..( i drive cross country all the time) It seems overpowered in the rain and snow.. the continental tires it came with are junk...otherwise a middle of the road car far better than anything ford or dodge built in 04 or any year but not a top contender amoung the japanese fleet...

Good gas mileage, but not a good car

by Disappointed Nissan Customer from San Diego, CA | January 19, 2008

I totalled my 2002 Toyota Camry, and I thought I would purchase the 2004 Altima. I really liked it at first. I loved the styling, exterior and interior. Loved the gas mileage and the interior space. It was a great vehicle, until I hit 65,000 miles. I started to have a lot of mechanical problems, and since the warantee had expired I had to start paying hundreds of dollars in repairs. The engine is loud, the cruise control buttons have fallen off. The CD player gets stuck. I now have 82,000 miles and they had to replace my transmition. This is a very unreliable vehicle. I had 175,000 miles with my Camry when I totalled it, and never had to do any tune ups or change the transmition, I even bought it used, I was the thrid owner. Very disappointing that Nissan Altimas fall apart with so little miles.

I think I bought the Lemon in the Group

by Meg from Muskegon, MI | January 11, 2008

I own a 2004 Nissan Altima. I know people who own the same make and model as me and have not had a single problem with their car. I bought this car brand new with 18 miles on it almost 4 years ago. In these past 4 years I have had to get new tires (which is understandable) a new battery (becasue the one the factory put in was leaking), new radiator, new crankshaft and I continually have the problem of my heat not working when the car is in idle or park. I have brought it to the dealership 5 times in the bast year for this same problem (3 times in the bast month). My car is there right now while they are trying once again to see what is causing this problem. From my experience I will not buy another Nissan again and that is unfortunte becasue I do love my car.

I love my car!

by bored from Lincoln, NE | January 1, 2008

I've owned my Altima for about 6 months now, and I love it. I was surprised at how much power I have with the I-4, so I'm sure the V6 is real sweet. But overall I think it's a great car. Looks good and is reliable (so far).

A head turner at an economic price!

by Travel Nut from Kansas City | November 10, 2007

Very roomy but sporty styling. I usuall trade every 2 years but I don't want to get rid of my Altima after 3.5 years.