2006 Nissan Altima

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Premature rust

by Boston Altima from Boston area MA | March 22, 2014

Purchased '06 Altima 2.5S new Oct '06. Superior maintenance and care....car shines showroom new to this day. Oil pan rotted out at 75k miles. Front driver and passenger floor boards rotted out at 100k miles due to design and poor quality sheet metal. Nissan Consumer Affairs offers ZERO help or support for this known defect. Paid $1000 to replace floor boards. Muffler is rotting out at 110k miles. My wife's 11 year old Accord has zero rust! Will NEVER purchase another Nissan.

Nissan price - Infiniti ride!

by speed 43 from Browns Point, WA | December 20, 2013

We purchased Altima new in 2006 and it is now Dec. 2013 still going strong. Oil change here and there and one accessory belt replacement (routine maintenance) Wouldn't change a thing - we have the 2.5L and it has more than enough power! Wish there was more to write, but Nissan was on their game with the third generation Altima.

Uses car for Outdoor sports (hiking, cycling, etc.)

Altima 2007 2.5S

by SFM from Bayside, New York | November 20, 2013

I bought this car new. Eight years old, 45,000 miles now. Very dependable. Great power and gas mileage. The ride is great and the rear seats are very comfortable. I get many compliments even at this late date. It's the best car I've ever owned. The Cadillac being the worst car I ever owned. What a statement that is. My only negatives are the drivers seat is not hard enough, the doors do not lock automatically and the side mirrors do not fold. Nothing is perfect. This car is really a winner.

NOT THAT GOOD OF A RIDE

by fuddy374 from | October 13, 2013

This car rides rough may need struts or something. Enterior has cigarette burns in the seat and sun visor. car needs some work should go cheap.

Altima SE-R is perfect mix of sports car and sedan

by Mr.vr4 from Alabama | June 1, 2013

I found an '06 Altima SE-R with 12,345 miles and couldn't pass it up. Mine is the six speed manual and it is the easiest manual you'll ever drive. Very smooth gearbox that lets you shift effortlessly between the gears. The engine setup is also nice in that it is not picky about what gear you are in. Even takes off in second. Very classy yet sporty interior. Sport seats are not only nice looking but also functional and comfortable. Also comes with heated seats. Only thing this car is missing is a rear view camera. The exhaust y-pipe design is less than perfect, but I plan to install an aftermarket one to help exhaust flow. I really like the body styling on the SE-R. The fascia and the big dual exhaust pipes really add a nice touch. Suspension is sport tuned, yet doesn't bounce you around. Very comfortable ride with good feedback from the steering. With the 3.5L V6 there is a good balance of power and gas mileage. From the positive reliability history the Altima's have, I hope to get many years of fun out of my new SE-R.

Nissan Altima 06

by bridwatcher from Springfield IL | May 7, 2013

I bought this car new in Feb. 06. I was never sorry I bought it. It proved to be a reliable, comfortable car. For the money, it was a very great value. I had planned to drive it for about 10 years more, but was hit at an intersection by an elderly man who'd had one too many. I had 66K miles on it and it was in great shape. Had it not been for the tipsy elderly man, I'd be driving it for some time. I had zero complaints about this car. My past cars have been Toyota Celica, Honda Accord.

Great Car

by Gman! from Orlando | March 13, 2013

The very first time I pressed the gas I knew there was something about this car. It was to fast for a regular sedan and it reminded me for my 240SX I owned years ago. I did a little research and guess what ..... same crazy, fast engine!! 240SX had the 2.4, the 2006 Altima has the 2.5, wow!! This car is just plain fun to drive!!!

LOVE my Altima

by Gina from NY | March 4, 2013

I bought a 2006 nisssan altima and so far i love it. No problems yet. Delivers a nice smooth ride. Looks great.

I loved it!

by Becca from | January 9, 2013

I went to test drive this car, and loved how smooth it drove. I was very pleased with the price and the condition of the car; however, I was trying to decide between this car and a 2006 Mazda for my daughter's 16th birthday, and I decided to go with the Mazda because it was a 6 cylinder instead of a 4. After getting the Mazda, I realized that I had made the wrong choice, because my insurance became higher, and the 4 cylinder on the Nissan was almost as fast as the 6 on the Mazda. I spoke with the gentleman who owns the Nissan about his daughter who drove the car most of the time, and thought that it would be a very reliable first car for my daughter. Unfortunately, I picked a car that will cost more to maintain and cost more to fuel. I should have considered these things before I passed up a such a great car. I would recommend this 2006 Nissan Altima to anyone who values a comfortable, reliable, and affordable vehicle.

the very exciung car i own

by emahu from dallas ,TX | December 11, 2012

Very comfortable,luxurious and neat Altima 2006 ever.with rims and black color on it.It simply look like a sport car .4 cylinder swift car.

Featured Services for this Nissan Altima