2010 Nissan Altima

Available in 6 styles:  2010 Nissan Altima 4dr Sedan shown

Overall

4 years later, and I'm still in love

by Tek from Northern VA | July 6, 2014

Bought my 2010 Altima 2.5 S brand new, and I'm absolutely in love with it. Most of my height is in my torso, so finding a car that I could actually fit in without brushing my hair on the ceiling was a chore, and this one fits me perfectly. I have the optional sunroof and, even though it takes away about 2 inches of height, I still have plenty of head room. Excellent pickup for a 4 cylinder sedan, and the engine is quiet. It handles incredibly well, and I always feel in control. The interior is roomy, and all dashboard controls are within arms reach. There is a USB port inside the armrest that both charges and syncs an iPhone (and presumably other phones/mp3 devices, although I haven't tried anything else.) The sync is not 100%, though. For some reason it will not sync with the entertainment console every time my phone's plugged in, but when it does work, I can navigate all of my music through the radio screen/controls. Bluetooth sound quality is good, and everyone I've asked has said that although I obviously sound like I'm using bluetooth, that they can hear me very clearly. The dual climate control is nifty, although not as impressive as other cars I've ridden in. The "Auto" temperature control automatically assumes I want the A/C on, which is, more often than not, untrue, and there's no way I know of to change that default setting. The exterior design has a "timeless" quality to it. I don't feel as if I'm ever, in the future, going to look at my car and think "Oh, it's so obviously from the early 20-teens." It's sleek, it's simple, and it's stylish. Sonatas and Accords have since come out with designs that are strikingly similar to the 2010 Altima, which I think is flattering. I have been in one accident with it, and I felt perfectly safe through the whole ordeal. The ABS kicked in and took me from about 45mph to 5mph in about two car-lengths. I love this car, and I recommend it to everyone who's car hunting.

I bought it "new"

by Lizi from Sunnyvale, CA | April 2, 2014

I bought one 2010 2.5S in October last year, and it was unique. It had only 1500 miles (really!) and some parts still had the protective plastic cover. All maintenance and oil change done int he right time. Nothing to complain so far. Driving it is fun and the sun roof makes it more enjoyable. Pros: - Absolutely comfortable. - Great mileage per gallon - nice performance on highways - stability is neat - the exterior design is so beautiful! (i like it better than the new one). Cons: - Pretty small trunk. the wall between back seats and trunk really make it difficult to fit bigger stuff. - A little heavy, so the engine makes a quite big effort when boosting speed into fast traffic for example.

Unreliable

by Fun driver from Houston | March 26, 2014

i have the V6 SR edition and I have had so many electrical problems with this car it hurts. I am not sure if I just got a lemon but it's so sad. I bought this car new and I LOVE it. Except for the cost of repairs adding up. The sound is fantastic and the car is fun to drive. Just be prepared for pricy repairs down the line.

2010 Altima

by Jim from Sacramento CA | March 12, 2014

After test driving multiple vehicles my wife and I decided to purchase a 2010 Nissan Altima. It has 45,000 miles and the CVT transmission. We needed a mid-size sedan for our family that good good gas mileage. We average 27.5 mpg in mixed driving. The car looks good with the black interior and pearl white paint. The CVT takes a little getting used to as you don't feel any shifting from the trans. Only owned it for about a month but has so far been reliable. I have seen many Altimas in this year range with over 100,000 miles going strong so I expect this car to last.

Great Car!!! Great Service!!!

by BLFreeman from Wyomissing, Pa | April 13, 2013

I love my car! It's a 2010 but it looks and feels brand new! It rides beautifully and I couldn't be happier! I am really impressed with the great gas mileage, we just filled the tank it's good for 512 miles...that's what I'm talkin about!!! It has great pick up for a 4 cylinder...and she's smooth! Keith Baker at Eisenhauer Nissan was awesome...no pressure, just helpful and professional! All around wonderful experience!

Great car

by kinley001 from charlotte, NC | January 18, 2013

I just purchased my car.. it was used of course 2010 had aobut 45k.. but so far I am so loving it. I had a small SUV before and I can really tell the difference in gas cost. The pickup is great, overall I am loving this car. Great value and should last me a long time.

Super smooth ride!

by Desperately seeking a great deal! from Yonkers auto mall | December 27, 2012

Great experience at cars.com. The site narrowed my search to the car I wanted, price I needed, and mileage I wanted.

Loads of Fun

by Jon from Danbury CT | December 13, 2012

I picked up my 2010 Altima off lease with 18,500 miles.. Very good on gas, good acceleration, plenty of legroom for me, I'm 6'1. Tons of storage space. Very responsive steering and brakes. I have the 2.5 S, and it has plenty of power. Stereo is good. Very sharp looking!

Practical, reliable, sporty, fun

by Downsizer from Coto De Caza, CA | December 12, 2012

I just got out of the Mom mobile phase. I had 2 minivans and a large SUV. I am so happy with this fun car. There is not one thing about it I don't like. It has everything and more that my last Cadillac Escalade did, but with a much better feeling as I drive away from the gas station.

Worst Purchase I've Ever Made

by Tyler from Sainte Genevieve, MO | June 8, 2012

I bought my 2010 Altima brand new. When we first bought the car we loved it. But about 10,000 miles into it the engine started making a knocking noise and started burning through oil. We were having to add 2 qts of oil every 1500 miles and having to change the oil early sometimes. I took my car into the dealership 3 different times before they finally had to rebuild the entire engine. They rebuilt it at 22,000 miles. Then, at 55,000 miles my a/c system was leaking freon in 3 different spots. It took 2 and a half weeks before the dealership finally fixed that problem. I would never even consider buying another Nissan. From my experience, I would say they're not reliable and I wouldn't waste your money. The purchase of my Altima is hands down the worst purchase I've ever made.