Nissan's midsize Altima is available in both coupe and sedan body styles. The coupe's powertrain offerings are similar to the sedan's, but the coupe receives unique styling elements. A gasoline/electric Altima Hybrid sedan is also offered. Competitors include the Chevrolet Malibu, Honda Accord and Toyota Camry.
The Altima Hybrid sedan is covered separately in the Cars.com Research section.
New for 2010
For 2010, Altimas get a restyled hood, grille and front bumper, as well as a standard electronic stability system for all models.
Compared to the sedan, the Altima coupe is shorter in both length and height, and it also has a unique grille, headlights and taillights. The coupe's main competitor — the Accord coupe — is larger overall.
The changes for 2010 are subtle and include a restyled headlamp area and a slightly reshaped grille. Nissan also says they changed the wheel designs for 2010.
- Power mirrors
- Dual exhaust (sedan)
- Available sunroof
- Available automatic headlamps and fog lamps
Both the coupe and sedan can seat five people. The rear seatback is split in both the sedan and coupe and can be folded down when long items need to be carried inside the car.
For 2010, Nissan's new, hard-drive-based navigation system is available, and it has a larger touch-screen display. Also for 2010, there is a new, upgraded Bose stereo option. That stereo also features a 4.3-inch color display, USB port with iPod connectivity and a backup camera.
- Cloth or leather upholstery
- Air conditioning
- Standard power windows, locks and keyless entry
- Optional push-button start
- Available heated front seats
- Available nine-speaker Bose audio
- Available navigation system
Under the Hood
- 175-horsepower, 2.5-liter four-cylinder with 180 pounds-feet of torque
- 270-hp, 3.5-liter V-6 with 258 pounds-feet of torque
- Available six-speed manual or continuously variable automatic transmission
An electronic stability system is a new standard feature for 2010.
- Side curtain airbags
- Side-impact airbags
- Standard active head restraints
- Standard antilock brakes
- Optional backup camera
People Who Viewed this Car Also Viewed
Select up to three models to compare with the 2010 Nissan Altima.
Asking Price Range