Nissan's midsize Altima is available in both coupe and sedan body styles. The coupe's powertrain offerings are similar to the sedan's, but the coupe has unique styling elements. A gasoline/electric Altima Hybrid sedan is also offered. Competitors include the Chevrolet Malibu, Honda Accord and Toyota Camry.
The Altima Hybrid sedan is covered separately in the Cars.com Research section.
New for 2011
There are no significant changes for 2011, as the Altima was refreshed for 2010.
Compared to the sedan, the Altima coupe is shorter in both length and height, and it also has a unique grille, headlights and taillights. The coupe's main competitor — the Accord coupe — is larger overall. The sedan and coupe get some new color shades for 2011. Exterior features include:
- Power mirrors
- Dual exhaust (sedan)
- Available sunroof
- Available automatic headlamps and fog lamps
Both the coupe and sedan can seat five people. The rear seatback is split in both the sedan and coupe and can be folded down when long items need to be carried inside the car.
Interior options include Nissan's hard-drive-based navigation system and an upgraded Bose stereo option. That stereo also features a 4.3-inch color display, USB port with iPod connectivity and a backup camera. Interior features include:
- Cloth or leather upholstery
- Air conditioning
- Standard power windows, locks and keyless entry
- Optional push-button start
- Available heated front seats
- Available nine-speaker Bose audio
- Available navigation system
Under the Hood
Mechanical features include:
- 175-horsepower, 2.5-liter four-cylinder with 180 pounds-feet of torque
- 270-hp, 3.5-liter V-6 with 258 pounds-feet of torque
- Available six-speed manual or continuously variable automatic transmission
An electronic stability system is a standard feature. Other safety equipment includes:
- Side curtain airbags
- Side-impact airbags
- Standard active head restraints
- Standard antilock brakes
- Optional backup camera
Cars.com Expert Reviews
|Cars.com Staff||Cars.com National||September 24, 2010|
|Warren Brown||washingtonpost.com||January 30, 2011|
People Who Viewed This Car Also Viewed
Closest Dealers Listing this Car
Featured Services for the Nissan Altima
- Sell your current car quickly and easily on Cars.com.