Nissan's midsize Altima is available in both coupe and sedan body styles. The coupe's powertrain offerings are similar to the sedan's, but the coupe has unique styling elements. Both body styles provide seating for five, and competitors include the Chevrolet Malibu, Honda Accord and Toyota Camry.
New for 2012
Minor sedan changes include a new Value Package for the 2.5 S trim levels that features Bluetooth connectivity, a leather-wrapped steering wheel, steering-wheel audio controls and automatic headlights. The 3.5 SR models now come with Bluetooth.
Compared to the sedan, the Altima coupe is shorter in both length and height, and it also has a unique grille, headlights and taillights. The coupe's main competitor — the Accord coupe — is larger overall. Exterior features include:
- Power mirrors
- Dual exhaust tips
- Available sunroof
- Available automatic headlamps and fog lamps
Both the coupe and sedan can seat five people. The rear seatback is split in both the sedan and coupe and can be folded down when long items need to be carried inside the car.
Interior options include Nissan's hard-drive-based navigation system and an upgraded Bose stereo. That stereo also features a 4.3-inch color display, USB port with iPod connectivity and a backup camera. Interior features include:
- Cloth or leather upholstery
- Air conditioning
- Standard power windows, locks and keyless entry
- Optional push-button start
- Available heated front seats
- Available nine-speaker Bose stereo
- Available navigation system
Under the Hood
Mechanical features include:
- 175-horsepower, 2.5-liter four-cylinder with 180 pounds-feet of torque
- 270-hp, 3.5-liter V-6 with 258 pounds-feet of torque
- Available six-speed manual or continuously variable automatic transmission
An electronic stability system is a standard feature. Other safety features include:
- Side curtain airbags
- Side-impact airbags
- Front active head restraints
- Antilock brakes
- Optional backup camera
People Who Viewed this Car Also Viewed
Select up to three models to compare with the 2012 Nissan Altima.