2013 Nissan Altima

Available in 9 styles:  2013 Nissan Altima 4dr Sedan shown

Overall

Awesome car so far!

by 2013Altima from Massachusetts | July 11, 2015

I had been researching for close to a year and a half on cars. I went from small cars, to midsize, to crossovers and back. If you are like me wanting to get the most for your money, then you are doing yourself a disservice by not looking at the Altima. People's biggest turn off about this car is the CVT which is understandable, but the CVT works very well with these engines and getting the best out of them. Other cars have great things about them, but also some things that lag behind. For instance the Optima/Sonata cousins get you a lot of features for the money, but the long term value isn't there and the gas mileage isn't great. The Camry and Accord give great value throughout their life, but are seen as boring and the styling is lacking. The Altima took the list of things that people want in a midsize sedan and systematically crossed everyone one off the list. I've had the Altima for a few weeks now with no complaints and I recommend it to anyone.

I loved it at first but now not so much

by Sam in an Altima from Turnersville, NJ | May 2, 2015

I bought a brand new Nissan Altima S 2013 and at first I loved it. It drives great and is a comfortable car with a great look. But the longer I've had it the more problems I find with it and it's only been 2 years exactly. First of all, there's been about 3 recalls since I've had it and now my driver side handle inside is broken! If I was the Hulk maybe I could justify this but it's a fairly new car so this shouldn't have broken. The guy told me this is common for these cars and I'm thinking, 'it's 2 years old! It shouldn't be an issue.' Another thing I dislike about the Altima is that there is no option to keep the car radio on when turning the car off, if say you're at a gas station waiting for the tank to be filled. The only option is to turn the car completely off or on. Additionally, the car does get super dirty quickly. Not easy to maintain bc of the interior material. The type of cloth attracts everything under the sun including the plastic material used to cover the center console. I feel like I have to clean it every day! I hope with the newer models Nissan will update the car and fix the issues mentioned in this thread. Otherwise I won't be buying again.

Must have the Altima,would not take anything else!

by Chloe from Charlotte, NC | March 31, 2015

My Nissan Altima was totaled by a truck crashing into the back passenger door. I walked away without a scratch. I was determined to replace it with EXACTLY the same car. (And I have.) 2013 was this models first year. The older models don't have the features... and new models look the same, so I think 2013 is the best value for money. It gets amazing mileage and I love the variable transmission feeling of power whenever I want it and great gas mileage. (I did have to adjust because I was waiting to hear gear changes that do not exist with this transmission.) Once I got 46 MPG coming from Knocksville to Charlotte! (It's normally in the mid 30s). I got the leather seats and technology package with back up camera, bluetooth and navigation. It even lights up under the car when I open the door. I can't imagine anything else you could want in a car. Love it! (Also, trunk is gigantic, and laying down the seats I can fit almost anything.)

Outstanding Vehicle

by raven from Kentucky | January 31, 2015

Nissan's Altima is a excellent vehicle in durability, comfort, performance and great gas mileage. I have owned Nissan vehicles for many years and keep going back to them due to cost, performance and long life of their vehicles.

Very disappointed

by Mimi from Springfield, Tennessee | January 6, 2015

The outside of the car is beautiful, but the performance is very disappointing. I bought a 2014 Nissan S in August 2014, new. For the first 2000 miles it drove great. It now has 4700 miles on it. When the car get to 1500 RPM to 2000 the car ROARS underneath and the steering wheel and floorboard vibrate. My 9 year old granddaughter asked one day "what is that sound". I took it back to the dealership and they kept it for a day and advised the car was designed that way to get good gas mileage. My daughter and son both have an Altima, but there will not be another one in this family.

Great car

by Hoot from MD | October 11, 2014

.This is my first Nissan and I am very impressed .Very stylist four door car that handles great thru the turns on back roads .38 MPG on the highway with push button start , blue tooth ,XM with great sound system , remote start back up camera , Looked at the Honda Accord first ,then purchased my Altima .Very comfortable on long trips . Nice value for the price. You will be very happy with this car

Reliable

by Lobo from San Diego | October 2, 2014

Good condiccions.Good price,good ofert,good deal.Please call me to make business.Am waiting for yours answer.

Hate the inside!

by sehhansn from Centennial, CO | September 24, 2014

The inside looks really nice when you first get it, but it gets dirty really fast. And it attracts hair like crazy everytime my dog gets in the car I have to go over the seats with a lint roller otherwise it gets set in.

Fierce Car...

by MzFierce1 from Northeast | September 16, 2014

I have to say ... sometimes I do not want to get out of my car. I bought my car in July new/used(it was a dealer's car at the dealership and had less than 6K on it). I was going from an SUV to a car and was pretty apprehensive but as soon as I got into my black 2.5 SV I fell in love!!!. This is a solid car. From the interior that drowns out outside noise to the exterior that is sleek. Owners of this car will love the gas mileage and the "kick" that it gives when acceleration is needed from its CVT engine. I have so many favorite features... I can't list them all. Everything from the push button start, to the information system on the dashboard that literally makes you think your car is talking to you... to again the sleekness of the car and solid feel that I'm going to get to where I need to go without any problems and in style.

bad navagation

by retired in minnesota from minnesota lake, mn | September 12, 2014

we really like the ride, roominess, trunk space. pretty much everything except the navigation. it has not worked right from day one. took it to the dealer and was told to contact Nissan to get it updated. called, and was told it cost $150 to update something that was off from day 1. we will use our garmin for that. we have 11500 miles on it and haven't had it a year yet. skip the navigation if you can.