2013 Nissan Altima

See Photos & Videos

Overall

ABSOLUTELY HATE THE CAR

by Fran from Poconos, PA | March 27, 2014

2013 Altima has a delay in the transmission, and they said its normal. Engine is so noisy the blue tooth dont work from all the noise interference and they said its normal. Nissan wont recognize the problems so they will never be fixed

Don't do it

by Sue in Cleveland from Twinsburg, OH | March 22, 2014

I bought this car brand new in Nov 2012. Within months I had a bad front wheel bearing - had to get a rental....a few months later bad back wheel bearing, had o get another rental. Months later again, the car is revving up to 3000 RPMs when I'm going down hill and there are knocking sounds underneath. Also hearing rattling in the dash. Black interior with pets or life in general is a BAD idea, always looks dirty. Never again.....I will trade it in as soon as I don't get hit too hard on the trade in.

Good so far

by Steady Driver from Winston Salem, NC | March 19, 2014

This is the first Altima I have owner, but did rent one for an extended trip and enjoyed the car and the ride. I have driven a Cadillac since 1989 and this is the first time I have taken the plunge for what I thought would be a smaller car. I have been plesantly surprised by the room and the performance. The only disappointment is the amount of road noise. It's not extreme but definitely not the quite ride of the more expensive cars. Love the gas mileage and the spacious cabin, head room and back seat space. Only time will tell, all 4 of the cadillacs I owned had close to 200,000 miles when they were retired from service. All were still running great, so others were able to continue driving them.

This car is a lemon

by This car is a Lemon! from San Diego, CA | March 11, 2014

I bought a brand new 2010 2.5SL Nissan Altima in San Diego. I have less than 34,000 miles on it and this is what had to be replaced thus far. 1.Transmission Replaced had Less than 34,000 2. Paint all around Wheel Rim needed to be redone 3.Carpet Replaced 4. Passenger side carpet pulled to dry was soaked 5. (4) New Tires 6. New Break Pads 7. New Battery I will NEVER EVER BUY another NISSAN!!!

a piece of junk

by EX- fan of Nissan from California | March 5, 2014

i bought my 2013 altima in Sept. 2012, by Dec of 2012 i was having issues with brakes. Now, I have an issue with the check engine light on in my car. The check engine code shows that there is a problem with the MASS AIR FLOW SENSOR. Nissan (CA) changed out the sensor Jan 2014, less than 2 weeks later, the check engine light came back on for the same reason...MASS AIR FLOW SENSOR. In Feb 2014, Nissan told me that that part was under investigation however, they do not know when the investigation began or when it will end. I've contacted Corp (Nissan N.A) they failed to help me. I've taken my complaint to BBB...epic fail. The only thing Nissan is willing to do is repurchase my vehicle, however, under the Lemon Law in Ca, they are entitled to a collateral usage fee. what that means to me, since I am a road warrior, is giving them back my car and oweing them 9,500 dollars. I havent even paid 9,500 into my loan. And even if they give me back all of my car payment for the pass 15 months, its still short of 9,500 and I'm going to still going to owe them. Nissan has no fix for my car...they cant figure out how to fix it and refuse to recall the part or car all together... and I'm stuck paying for a car that I'm not happy with... that's not going to pass smog and eventually I'm not going to be able to register it. I feel so cheated. Im never buying another Altima again. I had a 2005 Altima for 8 years, never had a problem with it and love it so much i thought i was going to get the same quality in a 2013...boy was i wrong!

Do not buy 2013 Nissan Altima. It has a vibration

by Nubiancici from Denton, Tx | February 26, 2014

I have tried my best to try to get Nissan to help me with a vibration problem that is occuring in my so called new car. I purchased this car June 1, 2013 and it was brand new. 6 Months later I am having issues. The had to change the left front strut which was causing my car to make a thumbing noise when I was driving slow. My car was perfectly fine till I got it back and then I noticed the vibration in my car that you can feel through the steering wheel. Nissan dealership in Lewisville Texas made me seem as if I was crazy. I strongly advice you to stay away from Nissan Altima until they figure out what is causing their vehicles to vibrate making the ride very uncomfortable. The interior of the car is my favorite feature but it means nothing if I dont want to drive it cause I cannot stand this constant annoying vibration that with time will get worse. After researching this on the internet I found that many people complain to nissan about this and they will not do anything to fix this issue. They need to just recall them and build a better Nissan Altima. Make the car comfortable to ride in. Recall it and fix it. Fix the constant vibration that seems to be caused by the brackets that hold the engine not properly built right. This is a world wide problem and I will do everything in my power to make sure I help people from not buying this product and wasting their money in a vehicle that will constantly vibrate and annoy you. Imagine a tingling sensation running through your body starting from the hands to your feet. I am so dissappointed for not researching this vehicle before purchase. Please do not commit to high payment for a Nissan Altima 2013.

Worst car ever driven

by Electrojoe from Maryland | February 10, 2014

Ive driven my altima 2.5 sv for about 2 months now and hate it so much I want to trade it in. There are several rattles inside, first the dash rattles...the entire dash, like its not sittng in the clips properly. The center vents creak when the heat turns on, the plastic is just expanding but I've never heard this from any other manufacturer. The moonroof creaks, but this is a rare occurrence. The pillar beside the passenger seat (not sure if its the seatbelt hardware itself) rattles...like somethings hitting metal. A common problem is the radio lights that do not turn on when you use remote start while the headlights are in auto mode. Supposedly, Nissan knows about this but its been at least 2 months and they say that the car needs to be reprogrammed. Lastly sometimes the passenger air bag light turns on while driving, with a person in the seat. The last time my mom was sitting in the seat and going down the highway the light came on. Basically I had hopes for this car as it looked awesome and many people praise Nissan but I'm stuck with this piece since the dealer cant find any one of these problems...hmm shocker that a dealer wants to sell you junk and not back it up....NEVER AGAIN NISSAN, GOING BACK TO TOYOTA.

Great car with a few flaws

by Rich V from Massapequa, NY | January 19, 2014

I have a 2013 3.5 sv with the navigation package. I love the car and have been getting higher then the listed fuel economies. Exterior styling is gorgeous but the car feels like it was made somewhat cheaply and Nissan cut a few corners to save costs. Multiple rattles coming from dashboard, navigation system goes black at random times, and sunroof had a major rattle which was common on the 2013's. Overall, car has been into dealership 4 times for various rattles but thats due to the fact that the slightest rattles bother me but no issues otherwise. Overall, this car is superb and I would highly recommend at least test driving it.

False Advertising

by dmac from | January 15, 2014

I bought a new Altima in Jan 2013 and have already traded for something else. The positives- the seats are comfortable; the sound system is great!; it rides smooth for the most part. the negatives- I could not stand the CVT transmission! It roars and I just did not like the feel of it.; the head rests weren't adjustable; and the gas mileage wasn't up to par. They have you believe (and advertise) that it gets 38 mpg highway and mine got nowhere close to that. It's a decent car if you don't mind the CVT, but I have owned Hondas and Toyotas and like both better. No more Nissan for me.

What gives with the driver's seat ?

by Rita from Mesquite, Texas | January 10, 2014

I've always owned Nissan's, first the Sentra then, in 2003, the Altima. That Altima is what lead me to buy the 2013 Altima. It's got some issues. First ,the NASA designed drivers is not balanced, as far as the stuffing and seams go. High on the out side...less on the inside. It causes me to lean in towards the arm rest and I have to constantly readjust my posture . It's a drag. Second, when switching from defrost back to cabin air, the car doesn't return back to the inside previous air setting. For a while I was driving around with exhaust blowing in my face. Third, sometimes there is a rattle in the dash and it's not the air louvers. I still like the car...just wish it had the seats like the one in the 03'.