2013 Nissan Altima

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Here's my update

by Jgr11 from Lake Bridge, LA | July 8, 2014

Well as of today took my car into my local dealership but brake light malfunction was repaired but now remains on also the driver's seat has broken. I was on another street when stopped at a Nissan dealer said need to order new driver's seat it's back at other dealership. A/C not working anymore and everything from interior to exterior is plastic. I am looking to trade this car but really don't know get much on tons of problems have had with this car. Bought in July 2013 replaced brakes over 4 times. CVT transmission whines it was replaced 3rd time. The dealership Oasis South Nissan is working hard fixing problems having with this car paid $32,000 on new car falling apart until 15,000 miles within 6 months later. The car is nice looking but has lots of issues from everything. Navigation not working again either getting all repairs done at Oasis South. Too many problems on a brand new car 12 months old will be get rid of it ASAP and never buy a vehicle as this one again.

I will never purchase this car again

by Angry nissanlongtimecustomer52098 from Lake Bridge, LA | July 7, 2014

I too have a 2013 Nissan Altima the car itself looks good on outside but it's a piece of trash everywhere being that Nissan supposed to be one of the best cars in the market makes me think I will not buy a Nissan again. Too many problems to deal with on new car 10 months old from transmissions to interior rattles took into dealership and small repair shop no one cannot figure the problems. Air bag passenger light remains on when someone sitting in the passenger there are always light people in the car saw it's a known problem with 2013 Altima's. The car has given me more problems than any vehicle ever had I am looking into the LEMON LAW. CVT transmission is junk engine is loud too many rattles inside car and it's has been an total money pit. I contacted Nissan consumer affairs about my body hardware is plastic as interior the car starting to fall apart. Moon roof is making noises to point can't open it because of annoying problems comes from it. When turn a/c on vents makes a scratching noise like the fan blower is falling apart or something it was too many problems having with car after owning less than 1 year. This car is junk and Nissan knows all the problems they need to start from scratch and make some better cars but this will be my first and last Nissan ever buy because of these problems having out my Altima. They won't stand behind their products NUFF said!!!!

Save the time and aggravation

by Warp from Indianapolis, IN | May 27, 2014

I leased my Altima 2.5SV on June 8, 2013. I choose it because of the advertised mileage was almost the same as the 2013 Hyundia Elantra. Little did i know that Nissan was way into false advertising. I currently have 15,000 miles. I just went on a 226 mile trip. Only 20 miles of the trip was city driving and the car was not stopped for more then 1 minute at any time. The car stated I had only averaged 34.8 MPG for this trip. When I returned home, I immediately filled the gas tank up expecting only 6.5 gallons (226 divided by 34.8). Instead, the car took 8.2 gallons of gas. So I only got 27.5MPG. so what happened to my 38 MPG? Your guess is as good as mine. And Nissan is not doing a thing about it. BTW, I was averaging 35 MPG in an Elantra prior to my Altima and have not changed my driving patterns...

I'll never buy anything other than a Nissan again!

by Newest Altima Owner from Upper Marlboro, MD | May 19, 2014

I absolutely love this car! I bought a 2013 Altima SV a month ago and love it to pieces. Although I bought it technically used, it's new to me because it only had 6K miles (was a lease turn in) and is under the manufacturer's warranty for 3 yrs/36K miles. I previously had a Mazda (which had multiple issues within the 1st year of ownership) and when I was ready to buy something new, I narrowed it down to Toyota & Nissan. While many will argue that Toyotas are better built and last longer, they just don't have the styling that I like with their cars (the new Camry is too box-y). This car is stylish, sporty, but still has the roominess of a sedan. All the features rock: backup camera, Bluetooth, etc. but my FAVORITE feature is the push button to start. Being a mom, I LOVE that I never have to fumble around my purse to find my keys...there's even a button on the trunk and door that you can just push and it unlocks. The only time I take my keys out are once I get home to unlock the door! And this car looks just like the new Lexus ES350...but is much cheaper!

2013 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL UPDATE: 15,000

by 23 with a new car from Chicago, IL | May 1, 2014

I wrote a review a while back when I first bought this car. I gave everything 5 stars except for exterior staying, but that's only because I liked the ford fusion better in terms of styling. Obviously I was very excited I just bought my first new car and I loved everything about it. Now, after 15,000 miles, its my car that I get in everyday and go to work or go on road trips with, so now you won't smell new car, but more likely my gym shoes and there is probably a couple lost fries that fell down the sides of the seat. It's now just my car and after 15,000 miles, I still love it. I said before, ignore the NASA sales pitch on the seats, they are just really comfortable. A lot of "expert" reviews say the inside is bland, but I like that I know where all my buttons are and they will respond quickly so I don't have to stare at the screen when I'm driving. I'm getting a total of 30.1 MPG in almost exclusive stop and go traffic (I don't push the throttle that hard). I've had zero problems with the transmission or the engine and I still love the CVT. Because I stop and go, I never liked how new gears shift gears so quickly and in stop and go traffic that can get really annoying. My car just accelerates and stays steady and smooth. Yes in the lower RPM, it sounds a little raspy, but since I have the radio on, I don't hear it. My advice for buying a new car is to go out and try them. I test drove 7 of them in the midsize sedan segment and I didn't settle for the Altima, I loved it. I love how it drives and how comfortable it is and how easy the tech is. Besides, test driving cars is just an enormous amount of fun, especially when you do it with friends. Don't listen to reviews, make your own opinions. People will only write on these if they really love a car or if they really hate a car and really thats just one review. This is review #144 on this website and Nissan has sold hundreds of thousands of these cars. Not everyone puts their reviews online. Go out and drive. I just want you to give the Nissan Altima a chance before you make a final decision.

ABSOLUTELY HATE THE CAR

by Fran from Poconos, PA | March 27, 2014

2013 Altima has a delay in the transmission, and they said its normal. Engine is so noisy the blue tooth dont work from all the noise interference and they said its normal. Nissan wont recognize the problems so they will never be fixed

Don't do it

by Sue in Cleveland from Twinsburg, OH | March 22, 2014

I bought this car brand new in Nov 2012. Within months I had a bad front wheel bearing - had to get a rental....a few months later bad back wheel bearing, had o get another rental. Months later again, the car is revving up to 3000 RPMs when I'm going down hill and there are knocking sounds underneath. Also hearing rattling in the dash. Black interior with pets or life in general is a BAD idea, always looks dirty. Never again.....I will trade it in as soon as I don't get hit too hard on the trade in.

Good so far

by Steady Driver from Winston Salem, NC | March 19, 2014

This is the first Altima I have owner, but did rent one for an extended trip and enjoyed the car and the ride. I have driven a Cadillac since 1989 and this is the first time I have taken the plunge for what I thought would be a smaller car. I have been plesantly surprised by the room and the performance. The only disappointment is the amount of road noise. It's not extreme but definitely not the quite ride of the more expensive cars. Love the gas mileage and the spacious cabin, head room and back seat space. Only time will tell, all 4 of the cadillacs I owned had close to 200,000 miles when they were retired from service. All were still running great, so others were able to continue driving them.

This car is a lemon

by This car is a Lemon! from San Diego, CA | March 11, 2014

I bought a brand new 2010 2.5SL Nissan Altima in San Diego. I have less than 34,000 miles on it and this is what had to be replaced thus far. 1.Transmission Replaced had Less than 34,000 2. Paint all around Wheel Rim needed to be redone 3.Carpet Replaced 4. Passenger side carpet pulled to dry was soaked 5. (4) New Tires 6. New Break Pads 7. New Battery I will NEVER EVER BUY another NISSAN!!!

a piece of junk

by EX- fan of Nissan from California | March 5, 2014

i bought my 2013 altima in Sept. 2012, by Dec of 2012 i was having issues with brakes. Now, I have an issue with the check engine light on in my car. The check engine code shows that there is a problem with the MASS AIR FLOW SENSOR. Nissan (CA) changed out the sensor Jan 2014, less than 2 weeks later, the check engine light came back on for the same reason...MASS AIR FLOW SENSOR. In Feb 2014, Nissan told me that that part was under investigation however, they do not know when the investigation began or when it will end. I've contacted Corp (Nissan N.A) they failed to help me. I've taken my complaint to BBB...epic fail. The only thing Nissan is willing to do is repurchase my vehicle, however, under the Lemon Law in Ca, they are entitled to a collateral usage fee. what that means to me, since I am a road warrior, is giving them back my car and oweing them 9,500 dollars. I havent even paid 9,500 into my loan. And even if they give me back all of my car payment for the pass 15 months, its still short of 9,500 and I'm going to still going to owe them. Nissan has no fix for my car...they cant figure out how to fix it and refuse to recall the part or car all together... and I'm stuck paying for a car that I'm not happy with... that's not going to pass smog and eventually I'm not going to be able to register it. I feel so cheated. Im never buying another Altima again. I had a 2005 Altima for 8 years, never had a problem with it and love it so much i thought i was going to get the same quality in a 2013...boy was i wrong!