2014 Nissan Altima

Available in 7 styles:  2014 Nissan Altima 4dr Sedan shown

Overall

Transmission

by Tish from I am a nurse car purchased August 2014 | April 16, 2016

I bought this car brand new 2014 and I have had nothing but trouble. The car shutters and shuts off upon stopping. It cut completely off at the light. I barely made it to the dealer buyer beware. Less than two years ownership and the transmission is gone. I have read on other sites there are many other consumers with the same problem.

Gets er done

by tdiddy from Southwest VA | February 22, 2016

Got 2014 altima model SV, 19000 mi used. In the past I had AWD SUV then a 6cyl sedan. This car performs well, I got this mostly because I am tall and 4cyl gas mileage as I now commute all over southwest Virginia and it does look sharp! I had to get tire chains due to weather, but you can get them for under 100$ (get the good low profile ones). Love it so far, speedy pick up and great gas mileage and it is roomy! I have no problems and have gotten nothing but compliments on it! Would definitely go this route again!

First Car Purchased

by Ray238121 from Bloomfield, CT | November 9, 2015

The 2014 Nissan Altima was best thing I've purchased so far in my life. I'm a 24 year old guy and I was looking for something that would be reliable and also good looking at the same time. The inside of the car looks great, especially with the digital screen/backup camera if you choose to get either the SV or the SL model. This was the first car I purchased and its all thanks to my sale consultant. He explained everything I needed to know about the car from the inside to the outside. There were things i didn't even know until he mentioned them. Literally, every question I had, he had the answer for. If you are thinking about getting a Nissan Altima, I would say to definitely get it. You wont be disappointed.

Difficult oil change

by Jay in Okla. from Lawton, Oklahoma | August 25, 2015

I have a 2014 Altima that I purchased a few months ago, used. I like almost everything about it so far. However, there is one issue. The oil filter is hidden away in a little cupboard. It was very difficult to find and then to access. When removed, a lot of used oil spills first into the bottom of the filter cabinet before pouring out into the drip pan. My previous Nissan, a 2008 Sentra, had an easily located and accessed oil filter. Nissan is trying to prevent folks from changing their own oil apparently.

Nissan Altima 2014 misleading commercials

by GOOSEEGG from Eatontown NJ 07724 | August 11, 2015

I look at three cars when I was shopping for a new vehicle. I only was changing vehicle because I wanted more of the new tech. that was be offered with the newer cars. I bought a 2014 Nissan Altima SV, with convenience and tech packages. One of the Main Features that swayed me from the other 2 cars I was shopping(Honda Accord and Toyota Camry) was the Automatic Text messaging in Dashboard, the many apps that come with Nissan Connect (Pandora,IHeart Radio,Tripvisor,Twitter,Facebook,Google Search)All the Apps, Text Messaging, Etc. automatically connect and start up when you start the vehicle. How Great to have Texts come in while you are driving automatically come up on the screen and get read to you out loud so you don't take your eyes off of the road. All the Apps Run at a Push Of A Button. Well one thing the Sales Man, The Nissan Corp,The Nissan TV and Radio Commercials don't tell you is --** IF YOU HAVE THE NUMBER ONE, MOST COMMON, POPULAR, CELL PHONE IN THE WORLD ( IPHONE) NONE OF THE GREAT OPTIONS THAT I DESCRIBED TO YOU WILL WORK. BUT IN ALL OF THEIR ADVERTIZING,PITCHES BY SALESMEN, PUSHES IN THEIR TV AND RADIO COMMERCIALS ABOUT THOSE OPTIONS , NEVER MENTION THAT IF YOU HAVE A COMMON IPHONE NONE OF THIS WILL WORK, LIKE THEY PROMISED YOU WITH THEIR SALESMEN AND COMMERCIALS.. I HAVE A IPHONE 6 PLUS LIKE MILLIONS OF OTHERS DO. WHEN I CALLED NISSAN TO QUESTION WHY NOTHING WORKED AS PROMISED, THIS IS WHAT THEY SAID, "ALL YOU HAVE TO DO IS START THE VEHICLE, THEN PLUG YOUR PHONE IN WITH A CABLE TO THE HEAD UNIT , THEN START EACH APP THAT YOU WANT TO USE, THEN PLACE YOUR PHONE ON YOUR LAP OR CONSOLE (HOPING IT DOES NOT FALL DOWN TO YOUR FEET, LIFE THREATENING) I REPLIED, ISNT THAT UNREALISTIC. WHAT HAPPENED TO ALL THE AUTOMATIC SAFE CONECTING FEATURES THAT I WAS TOLD ABOUT. THEY REPLIED, NONE OF THAT WORKS WITH ANY IPHONE,WHAT A MAJOR DISAPPOINTMENT. OH YEA, ON TOP OF THAT YOU LOOSE ALL YOUR AUTOMATIC TEXT FEATURES, EVEN WITH A CABLE YOUR TEXT FUNCTION NO LONGER WORKS. I COULD OF SAVE A BOAT LOAD OF CASH ON OPTIONS, IF I KNEW THEY WOULD NOT WORK WHEN I GOT THE CAR HOME. SO DISAPPOINTED, AS YOU CAN SEE. DON'T FALL FOR THEIR FALSE ADDS AND PROMISES, LIKE I DID.

Great car

by MomMom from Pennsylvania | July 30, 2015

The 2014 Altima is a great car and has an option between leather or cloth. I choose cloth. Seating for five is great, but rear head and leg room is not that great. The trunk is roomy. Bluetooth is available.

2014 Nissan Altima 2.5 SL

by MrMojo from New England | July 16, 2015

sed to own the 2005 Altima S model and the newer 2014 SL model is luxurious compared to the older one but Nissan really skimps and cuts corners on certain technology and common sense features considering the higher price on the car! Bought the 2014 showroom model when it had 89 miles on it. Currently have a little >2100 miles and it's doing fine **knockonwood**. The interior is relatively roomy upfront and seems relatively roomy when I sat in the rear with decent legroom though the rear headroom is a bit low for taller people =/> 6ft. The engine gets noisy due to the CVT upon startup and acceleration but does quiet down. Tire/road noise is present but can be quiet on smooth roads. The seat bottom for driver's seat lacks decent cushion as well as the lumbar support area even if it's adjustable. It just lacks enough cushioning (seat/lumbar) so long-term comfort/durability/reliability is questionable. Car is used primarily for commuting in the city area so it's ~28mpg city, ~35mpg hwy and 30mpg mixed. NOT very good but acceptable at least for city driving considering a large size sedan. Handling is acceptable but tires squeal and body rolls somewhat on tight turns even at low speeds ~20-25mpg. There is reflective glare from the front windshield so sunglasses are needed on sunny days. The automatic dimmer in the rearview mirror does Not get dark enough! The audio display screen is NOT a Touchscreen and the front console is a dust magnet :( Cup holders are fixed in size and does Not accommodate larger base cups/containers. The rear seat has adjustable headrests Only on the SL model while fixed headrests are standard. Don't expect to have that much fun driving as the Altima is meant to be a cruiser so just enjoy it for daily rides and for commuting.

Underated Car

by Satisfied 2014 Altima SL owner from Carleton Place , Ontario | May 15, 2015

First off, I am very pleased with our 2014 SL Altima. We drive 1000 KM per week and this car delivers the comfort, economy and performance we were looking for. I have been reading alot about the Altima's reliability rating and find it hard to believe that this car only receives a average rating. While we have only owned the car for 7 months, we have done well over a years driving in that span of time. We have had no issues at all. If i was to make any suggestion on how to improve it would be i wish it had Memory driver seats and "tilt down" side mirrors for when backing in to park. The voice input doesnt understand my voice when HVAC system is running at mid fan speed. No biggies for sure. Buy this car and you wont be disappointed!

Best car we have ever owned yet

by Joe from El Paso, Texas | April 1, 2015

We have owned our 2014 Altima S for almost a year now and have 11,000 miles on it. To this date we have had no real problems with it. The ride is comfortable the acceleration is adequate for a 4-Cyl. engine. The interior is fantastic I love the controls on the steering wheel and I love the fact that it has Bluetooth. The cruise control is very good adapting very well to hills and to flat areas as well. The trunk space is great quite large for the size of the car. Everything that we wanted in a car is on or in the Altima. The gas mileage for the Altima is outstanding getting around 27 in the city and about 38 to 39 on the road that is a real asset. One thing that I wish they would have done was put fold away outside mirrors on the Altima S sometimes it helps when parking. The only minor hiccup that we have seen so far is the passenger air bag light It seems to come on sometimes when there is a passenger in the seat going to take it to the dealer to see what they can do about it. Otherwise it is by far the best car that we have purchased to this date.

Great Family Car

by Average Joe from St. Louis, MO | March 17, 2015

Overall I'm very pleased with my 2014 Nissan Altima S Sport. I have 14,000 miles on it and average about 33 MPG. To date, I haven't had any mechanical issues and am pleased with how the interior is holding up. Some minor improvements I'd like to see are: a thicker steering wheel, an electronic emergency brake or move the current one (my foot always hits it getting into the car), and a deeper sunglass holder. The Altima travels nice and offers plenty of leg room in the front and back. The trunk is deep and can handle all of your luggage for your trips. Yes, I'd purchase this can again!