2014 Nissan Altima

Starting MSRP

Overall

Loving my Altima

by Lil Red Altima from Alexandria, LA | August 13, 2014

I owned a Chevy Suburban for over 10 years. I didn't want to give up the BIG truck but the gas and mileage was killing me! I bought a 2014 Altima 2 months ago and I am loving the mpg, 614 miles to a tank of gas! She's not too small and the price was worth it!

Great buying experience at AutoNation Nissan Arapa

by Satisfied Customer from Colorado | August 6, 2014

I was really pleased with my purchase from Autonation Nissan Arapahoe. I bought a 2014 Altima. There was plenty of inventory, my salesperson was attentive and knowledgeable and the sales managers made me feel valued as a customer.

poor gas mileage

by shimp from | July 25, 2014

i like my car but its give me 16.5 mpg It have 250 miles now. does any one know its going to be increase my gas mileage or not

The advertised gas mileage is for real!

by Nissan Man (300000 miles on last one) from Oakland, Oregon | July 23, 2014

This car just eats up rural roads. Gets more than 38 MPG on rural roads at 62 MPH. The hardest thing to get used to is looking at the Tach and seeing the engine is turning around 1700 RPM at 62 MPH. It gets +/- 36 MPG at 75 MPH on the freeway Seats are far above average. Very comfortable. They look cheap but they are not. Besides being comfortable they breath keeping the sweat off your back. All controls are easy to understand and operate. Car is much larger than the older Altimas. More space everywhere. Trunk lid doesn't fit like it should. It has a larger gap on one side than the other, The only negative I have found. We have over 5000 miles on it in all kinds of driving conditions. I wouldn't even look for another type of car if I were buying again. To me, this car is outstanding. We had it undercoated so it is a little quieter than normal. The dual climate controls are nice but probably not necessary. A Great Car so far. The engine should run for ever because it turns such low RPM's.

Ended up in a rental

by Random Anonymous Blackmail from Rochester, MN | July 6, 2014

Ended up having to rent this vehicle due to an unexpected vehicle repair. Anyway. The styling is decent although I am not really fond of how far the taillight lenses go up the rear quarter panel but all in all it is a sharp design compared to others in its class. We had the Altima S.... pretty much bone stock and stripped, I priced it out on Cars.com at just under 22K. It had power windows, locks, mirrors, traction control, A/C and cruise so it I was not driving a tin box with crates as seats because it had all the expected creature comforts, I guess the only thing it was really missing from the high end Altima was power sunroof, leather and the 6 cylinder engine. The thing that really blew me away was the fuel efficiency. With 2 adults, 2 kids and literally a trunk full of items we averaged 35 MPG with the A/C on and doing 80 MPH. Granted were were in a flatter part of the country so hills were smaller so the vehicle was allowed to just do its thing without a lot of extra work. The interior was plastic abundant, granted we had a pretty much base model so that is to be expected but there is a good amount of space and things are well laid out. from the drivers chair. I also sat in the back seat to check out the leg room, no I could not stretch out a great deal but I was not uncomfortable. It is very good space. The steering wheel controls are responsive but are not instantly intuitive because I could not find a way to reset the fuel efficiency without changing the radio channel to verify that i was in fact getting 35 MPG instead of the just assuming that the person who rented this car before me drove down a 290 mile hill. The only real concern I had was the location of the on/off button to the over drive, if you reach down to scratch your thigh you may inadvertently hit the button on the side of the gear selector. The engine has decent power, but I found myself sometimes expecting more than I got. It is capable and I guess more time with the car would allow me figure out more how to get what I want from it. In all, if your price range is 22K this is a great vehicle, add more for the more luxurious options but the bones of it are very good and worth the time to look at.

Hate new things

by New4me from Vallejo, California | July 5, 2014

This car works everything works. The Altima is better on gas quite and easier to drive than my 1999 G20. Leg room is fantastic it is just great for seating 4 adults.

Love my Cranberry! (A.K.A Altima)

by Altima Lover from Miami, FL | June 29, 2014

I love my 2014 Altima 2.5 SV with sport package! I have had this car for 10 months and I love it! The car has just under 16K and there are no issues with it. I get 530 miles per tank of gas!!! I average a combined MPG of 32. (City and hwy) I drive a mixture of both and am amazed that I can go two weeks with out filling up! The seats are comfortable (when adjusted right), the outside looks sporty (especially with the spoiler). My favorite features are the remote start, intelligent key, push to start button, sun roof, and many many more. My only complaint- I wish the SV came with leather!

I have compared many...

by Road warrior from Iowa | June 28, 2014

I travel for work and had been renting different vehicles every month for the last three years. I never had the opportunity to rent an Altima, so the test drive won me over along with the reviews. Great MPG, handling, and comfort for the long trips! This is the the best car for the money.

love my Altima 3.5SL

by elmo san diego from san Diego | June 26, 2014

I love this car. There are only a few negatives. Front passenger seat is not power. There is no power charger in back seat, and voice on navigation does not go below 5. Otherwise, besides these very minor things I love this car. Great powerful car. Gas mileage very good. I drove from San Diego to Oxnard though LA traffic and got 34.8 mph. SEATS are very comfortable. Beautiful lines on car.

Love the Nissan Altima look, drive and feel

by Nissan Lady from Moorhead, MN | June 24, 2014

I have purchased new NIssans since 2003 because I like how reliable and comfortable riding and driving in one feels. They have never disappointed me and I will keep coming back as a customer.