2004 Nissan Armada

13 city / 18–19 hwy

Overall

Best Vehicle I have ever owned

by Gatt from Montgomery, Al | August 9, 2013

I have a 2004. I brought this vehicle back in 2008 from my credit union's repo lot. It has been the best vehicle that I have owned. I am 6'4", and weight 270, and this vehicle fits me like a glove! I have put it on the road for a trip at a moments notice and it took me between 8 and 16 hours trips and no problem. I didn't buy it for the gas mileage, so I wasn't concern with that, just how good it felt to drive! I love my Armada. The only major change I did was get a rear monitor put in it. Love CD player, SPACE, and 3rd row of seats. My wife is 5'4" and hate driving it, though she does when I take her car in the shop. I was thinking about up grading to a 2006, but love this vehicle too much! Love driving it, even to corner store!

Reliable as clock work!!

by TheFamilyGuy from Seattle, WA | August 7, 2013

2004 Nissan Armada SE, Black on Black with 5.6 liter V8, 7 seater with DVD. This is the most reliable truck or car I have ever owned. I am big a Nissan fan and have bought other brands which did not do so good for me. I drive very hard and the vehicles that I have kept other than Nissan brand have a hard time lasting. I have driven this truck an average of 24,000 miles a year. I have used it for hauling heavy loads, moving stuff, went snowboarding (Never went to trailing but drove on lots of dirt road). I have even raced it against sport cars and trucks. With the VDC off, this is one bad truck. Gas mileage is okay for a vehicle this size. Like any other vehicles, you have to stay on top of your maintenance and this bad boy will deliver on the power, safety and reliability. I absolutely love my truck and will drive it til the wheels fall off!

Great Aramda!

by J.L. from Dublin, California | November 28, 2011

I bought this Nissan in September from a private owner on Cars.com. It did not disappoint. The owner provided me with everything that I requested from him down to the maintenance records. Cars.com gave me a good sense of what I should be looking for and also provided cars within my price range. I have since told all of my friends about Cars.com!

Great Nissan

by J.L. from Dublin, California | November 28, 2011

I bought a Nissan Aramda from a private owner in September. The owner provided everything that I requested of him even down to the maintenance records on the vehicle. Cars.com was a time saver and gave me what I needed in the price range I was looking for.

Great Big SUV... Love it

by Cadens Momma from Santee, CA | July 18, 2011

I loved this, I bought when I was 7.5 months pregnant when I found that the infant seat would make the person in the passenger seat of my montero have their knees in their chin, and lets face it I was a first time mom and just felt safe in it. We did notice the pain at the pump ($$$) but what can you do right. The only problem I did not is the seat fabric. I am tall 5'10" and still getting in the driver seat the left side fabric is wearing away, (7y/o vheicle), and the BRAKES BRAKES, the electronics are weird on them, youcould stop at a street light and go and thenext time you stop it makes a strange mechanical noise and and the brakes JUDDER. the dealer said that they have to see it to repair it, but as soon as you turn off the engine it cancels out the defect and you are breaking correctly again. It always seems to happen on a sunday or like last night (Sunday) as I had come out the drive thru at McDs for Cadens CHick Nuggs... IT happens whenever it wants and always outside dealer repair hours..Anyhoo, I do love My Armada, but will really love it once I am done paying for it...

NISSAN 05 ARMADA

by THE COWBOY from COLORADO | May 12, 2011

THIS CAR IS NICE,STRONG AND VERY WELL PUT TOGETHER. I LOVE IT SO FAR TWO THINGS I HATE IS THE GAS OF COURSE MAJOR ISSUE WENT ON A 700 MILE TRIP AND IT ONLY AVERAGED ABOUT 14 MILES TO THE GALLON. THE WIND WAS ANOTHER MAJOR ISSUE, FELT LIKE THE DOOR WAS COMING OUT YOU COULD FEEL DRAFTS ON THE BACK OF YOUR HEAD REALLY BAD, ASKED NISSAN DEALERSHIP AND SAID THEY ALL DO THAT EVEN THE 2011. LOTS OF ROOM, LOTS OF EQUIPMENT ON THE "LE" DVD,OXILIARY OUTPUT,6 DISK,REALLY NICE I WOULD RECOMEND TO ANYONE GAS AND CROSS WIND MAJOR ISSUES FOR ME. OTHER THAN THAT GREAT CAR. SO FAR.

Love my oversized station wagon!

by Sugar Kitty from Northern Indiana | April 15, 2011

Bought this SUV used and was impressed with the appearance, spaciousness and special features. 2004 Nissan Armada with the Off Road package. Favorite features are the sunroof, 6 disc changer in the dash, Home Link system, DVD player, 3rd row seat, back up sensors... OKAY - I LOVE IT ALL! 8 passenger seating with shoulder belts for each seat is wonderful for our family of 7. Leather interior is still in great condition. I am currently averaging 14mpg in the city. Can't wait to take our first long distance family vacation this summer!

Roomy suv with tons of features

by Mom of 2 from Omaha, NE | July 9, 2010

Let me start by saying that I am in love with my Armada. We've had it almost 3 months, and I still get excited every time I get to drive it. It easily fits 3 carseats across the 2nd row, or you can put 2 car seats in the 2nd row and fold the middle section of that row down for easy access to the 3rd row. This was my favorite feature. I love the built-in navigation system, the auto-lift cargo gate, and the way this vehicle looks and drives. Unfortunately it was not as well cared for by the previous owners as we'd hoped for, so it is showing quite a bit of wear and tear which is why I was only able to give it 4 stars for reliability. Maybe if it had been cared for better that wouldn't be an issue. But, the driver's window doesn't always want to go up and down when it's told to, and the passenger door lock sticks so you have to do it manually. The rubber guard on top of the rear bumper has come loose, and several other minor breaks. But I would definitely recommend this car for anyone needing extra room, but doesn't want to drive a mini van. Many more extras than the other suv's this size.

Brake Issues for 2004 Model

by Jenna from | July 10, 2009

I bought this vehicle and LOVED the way it looks and drove BUT - had so many BRAKE issues - ONE after another, it went through so many brake pads, rotors, that I HAD to get rid of it. Of course going into it you have to know it's a gas hog but I simply had TOO MANY brake issues to recommend this year to anyone!

VERY UNDERATED

by Big454chev from Chaptico, MD | May 12, 2008

I purchased the LE new in November 2004. I now have approximately 79,000 miles. I have taken approximately 8 adults and kids on several road trips. With this many people purchace a hitch trunk. This vehicle has power and is very comfortable. But, the suspension is that good for towing over 1 ton and I have had the brake pads and rotors replaced 4 times. The brakes were a recall item. The dealership refused to fix the brakes after the SUV went out of warranty. The dash light have been replaced 3 times. The oil filter is way too smal for a V8. Do not go cheap on an oil filter. i have gone through 4 sets of tires. Do not use the stock continental tires.

Featured Services for this Nissan Armada