2005 Nissan Armada

2005 Nissan Armada
Available in 5 styles:  2005 Nissan Armada 4dr 4x4 shown

13 city / 18–19 hwy

Overall

Largest SUV I've owned and I LOVE it!

by Desert Chic from Palm Desert, CA | April 10, 2012

We bought our 2005 Nissan Armada two months ago. We replaced a 2004 Toyota 4Runner that we had just outgrown. We have 5 children and needed more space badly. The Armada definitely has the space! My kids ride very comfortably now and are actually looking forward to long road trips! The third row seat provides plenty of leg room for my twin 10 year olds, whereas before in the 4Runner, it was like their knees were up around their chins! Now the twins and their 11 year old brother can all ride comfortably in the third row, leaving the middle open for my two and five year olds and their carseats. The rear A/C is wonderful, and they can actually feel it in the back! I also love how the third row seat folds flat easily, no more folding and hanging seats. Even with the seat up there is a good amount of cargo room, much more than we had before. We bought an LE, so we have a DVD player which keeps all 5 kids entertained on long drives. The leather seats are easy to clean, and I love the sunroof! It has excellent pickup and power, accelerating onto the 10 freeway is fun! It has so much pickup that I sometimes accidently squeal the tires a bit pulling out of our community. :) I have been making weekly trips into Brea, which is about 220 miles round trip and the ride is so comfortable, the cruise control is easy to use, (which wasn't the case with our 4Runner), and oh man, the Bose sound system is sweet! It's in excellent condition and runs smoothly for being 7 years old, I had it checked thoroughly by the Nissan dealership here and they gave it a clean bill of health. I LOVE the sound of the V8, it just sounds so meaty! I used to be a little sports car kind of chic, but I'll take a big meaty Armada any day over a little car! I feel so safe in it! Its low enough to the ground with the running boards that when my husband and I go out, I can dress up and wear heels and its easy to get in and out of. I had thought about getting a van since we have so many kids, but we would have the same seating, and since vans get about the same gas mileage, with so much less power, why would I go there? The chrome trim is stylish, and I will be adding some Rockstar rims to it here in the next couple months. I couldn't be happier with this Armada! My only wish, that we had gotten a 4x4!

Second Armada

by Armada Family from Moncks Corner, SC | June 6, 2011

This is my second Nissan Armada and I am very pleased with it. It has every option available except the 4x4 option. The navigation is simple and includes a backup camera. The gas mileage says 13/19 but with my regular tuneups I get 400 miles off of a 28 gallon tank and 510 on highway travel which equals in my case 14/18. Lots of knee space for first second and third row passengers. Greatest feature in my opinion is to drive while listening to the radio while my children watch a movie with their headphones on! Gotta love that with no crying and fighting!

Love My Beast!!

by FabShoeGal from Dallas, TX | December 29, 2010

I have always been a car driver but when my business demanded me to get a full size towing truck I had to figure out what to buy... and I am SO glad I found the Armada, I was going to just buy a Tahoe/Yukon, but am very thankful i did not, I love the exterior style, and the fold flat seats are amazing... I can easily flip them down to make as my brother would say "an enclosed truck bed" or i can flip them up and have room for everyone to sit without having to lug a single seat in or out of the truck (as you do with the tahoes)!!! I bought the truck with 70k on it and have put 20k on it already and love it and plan on getting a good 200k out of her! ;)

Nissian Armada 2005

by sans clan from Denver CO | November 10, 2010

Great car, seems like a lot to pay for a used care with 72K miles, Giving off a lot of break dust after just one month, but nice vehicle.

Power, Safety, & Style; total package

by Luvmyarmada from Indiana | September 2, 2010

We bought our '05 Armada over 4 years ago with 93,000 miles on it. We have now surpassed 130,000. We have had zero mechanical problems (knock on wood!) with the truck. There is room for almost anything you can throw at it (think 2 parents, 3 kids, and 2 dogs with enough stuff for week camping/boating trip). But, the amazing thing about this vehicle is the power! We have towed everything from boats to loaded car trailers with it and most times you barely notice that it's behind you. It puts my husband's Silverado to shame every time. Gets the same gas mileage while pulling the boat as my husband's truck pulling nothing. The only reason interior only got four stars was because of some issues with knobs and window switches giving out on us.

Great SUV!

by Armada240 from PA | April 17, 2010

We test drove about every SUV out there and the Armada did it all better! We purchased a 2005 Armada and we have it to this day. My wife simply liked the fact there was not a long hood on the thing. It performs well and is very comfortable and if you need to tow, this is the vehcile for you! Worst mpg was 13 and the best was 24 on a trip. The one thing I'm not impressed with are the brakes! The rotors warp and the only thing Nissan will do is turn the rotors down. The brakes they used for this are simply too small. Turning them down takes more surface away and in turn your back at the dealer complaining again. and yes, they'll turn them down again. All in all I would buy this vehicle again!

Best of the SUV's I've owned

by SUV Veteran from Boston, MA | November 17, 2008

I've spent several years with different SUV's - mostly Jeeps (Grand Cherokees, Cherokee Sport, Wrangler Unlimited, etc). This Armada is by far the best of the bunch. We leased a new 2005 SE - and its been great family car. Its been in the shop 3 times, and all 3 were covered under warranty so no charge. Our lease is coming up, and we are going to buy a 2005 Armada LE to replace it. Spend a lot of time with friends who have Tahoe and Surburban - they all want my Armada.

The worst SUV I have ever owned

by Tim from New York | July 5, 2007

This suv has spent more time in the shop than in my driveway. For two years now just about every mechanical aspect of the vehicle has been repaired/replaced

!!! Full-sized SUV BEAST !!!

by Kev from Orlando, FL | March 5, 2007

I've owned several SUV's, including the 4.4 X5, Pathfinder LE,4-Runner Limited, and a Landcruiser---Ths Nissan drives unbelievably for a mid-priced SUV---I own the 4x2 LE 2005 with Navigation,Rear camera, DVD and upgraded Bose---This truck has "insane" power with the 5.6L, looks like a monster-truck for the streets with the billet grille I put on it and it handles very well also---I have had no issues with the performance or maintenance at all ---I drive it daily and have 50k miles on it now---I bought it because Japanese vehicles in general tend to cost less to operate and last a lot longer than the domestics---this is seeming to be true with this SUV to this point---The only SUV that cost me from the ones listed above was the only one that was not Japanese built---The X5---it handled great but when the warranty was over the vehicle should have been gone too---In summary, the Armada has been a great decision for me---I have no complaints at all

worst vehicle I ever owned

by unhappy owner from Kingston Ont Canada | October 5, 2006

Nissan future owners take note ,mine has 14,000 klm brakes are gone, a problem with the drivers seat leather split and cracked and nissan wont honour the 3 year bumper to bumper warrenty on it they say its a wear problem so your are in for a fight, now as far as towing power its great I tow a 27ft boat and it tows with no problem there its just to get warrenty work done thats the problem they onlysold 4088 in 05 I guess they have to learn about customer service if they want to sell more now Im not being rude i just want people to know what to expect from nissan.

Featured Services for this Nissan Armada