2008 Nissan Armada

12 city / 17–18 hwy

Overall

Perfect for a Family

by RegDawg from Fresno, CA | May 1, 2013

I was shopping for an SUV that can a haul a family and more, I have a newborn and probably an addition in the future. The size of the Armada was perfect as it seats 8 comfortably and size also makes us feel safe. The Armada has plenty of power and can tow almost anything if you choose to. Gas economy is not the greatest but I knew that before I purchased the car. Don't get me wrong, its not really that bad as alot reviews you might see. With a big SUV like the Armada I just had to learn not to "put the pedal to the medal" all the time =). This is the biggest vehicle I've ever owned and love it and would buy it again. If gas economy is your priority, you'll need to look elsewhere.

excellent features stiff shocks but comfortable

by frederick from boise idaho | December 19, 2012

too high off the street which makes it hard to get into. Shocks are to stiff so it takes bumps poorly. If you could lower it many older people would buy. If it were not for the handle i would not buy again.

Great Family SUV

by Happy Mama from Tacoma, WA | November 30, 2012

Bought this 2008 SE Armada used in 2009 for transporting family of 6. The boys still fit easily in the 3rd row at 6 ft tall. Comfy for family road trips every summer. Everything within easy reach, nice features, etc. Plenty of power, love that when I need to move, I can scoot! I consider that a safety feature if I need to avoid a car coming toward me or some other incident to avoid. Only reason I am going to sell it now is that I am mostly in it by myself as the kids are pretty much grown & I can't justify the gas mileage. The poor gas mileage didn't bother me overall as I knew about it when buying this vehicle. I mean it is named armada after all, so it is not a gas sipper. At 85,000 miles and it has been a dream to drive, not one mechanical issue, just plenty of room for all, power and a nice ride.

Count me as moare than satisfied

by school doctor from Texas | September 3, 2012

Great vehicle. Everything about it has covered all the transport needs we have. Yes it guzzles gas, but we all knew that before we bought. Took it on a trip to PHX and blew it out on the high speed limit areas...rolls at 100 mph with no change in anything (except gas). It has been especially good for my kids. They all have their own seat with plenty of room to move. I love this car.

BIG SUV

by BIG SUV from Saskatoon, SK. | June 4, 2012

Very nice ride, lots of room. Tonnes of power. Drinks gas, but what would you expect? It idles pulling my 26 foot RV.

We had to really hunt to find this one

by Realtor from West Jordan, Utah | April 2, 2012

We have gone from a accord to a montero and finally up to this one we also looked at Sequoia's and I am so glad we bought the Armada, I know that I will win if ever in a accident, I feel safe and know my kids are safe also, this is so comfortable to drive I have a hard time leaving it in the garage even for errands. We are looking to upgrade our camp trailer because the Armada can handle it-Great SUV

great vehicle if u can afford the gas

by supaman from jasper fl | February 21, 2012

i like the vehicle a lot but im payn triple in gas,.. im use to a v6 car... u almost have to be rich to own this vehiicle... but every thing else is perfect.. it cost me 50 buks to fill it up from half of a tank.. and it burns the gas like it has a gas leak in it

Best Large SUV Out There

by Party of My 5 from Boston, MA | November 30, 2011

Purchased our 2008 Armada SE new in 2008. Had always driven Pathfinders and Maximas, but needed more room with 3 kids now. Currently have 54,000 miles, and our Armada has performed very well overall. The engine is throaty and the Armada can really move when stomped on... but we prefer to drive it gently to maximize economy, which for us has consistently average 15.5 mpg. The leather seats have proven to be durable and supportive. The 3rd row can comfortably seat adults. The power rear door is great and really a necessity unless you're taller than 6 ft. The information screen is just plane awesome... especially love being able to watch movies up front while parked. We drive on the beach often over the summers, and the four wheel drive system is flawless and provides plenty of power to effortless move through the deepest sand even with the truck packed with 8 people and tons of beach stuff. The fold flat 3rd row and plenty of room behind the seats when open is a convenience not available on the popular Tahoe. The only reason I didn't offer a 5 star on reliability is that the battery did die after only 2 years... a continual quality problem that seems to plague all newer Nissans. Overall, we love the styling, convenience features, power and space in our Armada.

2008 Nissan Armada

by Family Man from Louisville, KY | June 9, 2010

I needed a large SUV to pull my boat, take on vacations and to haul teenagers around town in. This is the perfect vehicle if you need towing power, room and comfort. It gets low gas milage around town but does pretty good on the open road at about 17 MPG. My family loves the 12 cup holders and the comfortable back seats. It can hold a lot of cargo with the 3rd seat in use and even more with it folded under.

Dream Vehicle

by Geewhiz from Danville, VA | May 14, 2010

The Platinum edition has everything you can dream of and more. Gas mileage is not great but you don't buy this kind of vehicle for fuel economy. Every trip is an adventure. Long trips in this car will spoil you, forever!