The Armada and its sibling, the Infiniti QX, are full-size SUVs that can carry up to eight passengers. It comes in SE and LE trim levels, and competitors include the Toyota Sequoia and GMC Yukon.
New for 2009
There are no significant changes to the 2009 Nissan Armada; it was redesigned for the 2008 model year.
Built on a long, 123.2-inch wheelbase, the Armada is 206.9 inches long and 78.8 inches wide, which makes it longer and narrower than the Sequoia and Yukon.
- 18-inch aluminum-alloy wheels (standard on SE)
- 20-inch aluminum-alloy wheels (standard on LE)
- 20-inch chrome-clad wheels (optional on LE)
- Standard running boards
- Standard power heated mirrors
- Power folding mirrors with integrated turn signals (optional on LE)
- Optional fog lamps (standard on LE)
- Optional power liftgate (standard on LE)
Depending on the seating arrangement, either seven or eight people can fit inside the Armada — eight with a second-row bench seat or seven with second-row captain's chairs. Folding down the front passenger seat yields space for items up to 10 feet long. Overall, there's 188.4 cubic feet of passenger volume, and 20 cubic feet of cargo space behind the third row. With the second and third row folded, the cargo space grows to 97.1 cubic feet, which is less than its competitors.
- Cloth or leather seating
- Faux wood or metal trim
- Standard dual-zone climate control with rear controls
- Standard leather-wrapped steering wheel and shifter
- Standard eight-way power driver seat
- Optional power passenger seat (standard on LE)
- Optional GPS with voice recognition
- Optional heated steering wheel
- Optional Bose audio system and hard drive
- Optional rear DVD entertainment system
Under the Hood
The Armada has only one powertrain offering, a V-8, and comes with a standard automatic transmission. A flex-fuel option allows the engine to burn E85 ethanol in addition to gas (not available in all states). The vehicle is available in rear- or four-wheel drive and has a maximum towing capacity of 9,100 pounds when properly equipped.
- Standard 317-horsepower, 5.6-liter V-8 with 385 pounds-feet of torque
- Standard five-speed automatic transmission
- Standard speed-sensitive power steering
- Optional auto-leveling suspension (standard on LE)
Safety features include:
- Standard front, side-impact and side curtain airbags, which cover three rows of seats
- Standard antilock brakes with brake assist
- Standard electronic stability system and traction control
- Standard rear backup sensor, optional front sensor
- Optional rearview camera
People Who Viewed This Car Also Viewed
Closest Dealers Listing this Car
Featured Services for the Nissan Armada
- Sell your current car quickly and easily on Cars.com.