2009 Nissan Cube

See Photos & Videos

Overall

Great Car

by Thaaaaa CUUUUBE! from Kentucky | March 27, 2014

I have about 80,000 miles on my Cube right now and so far the issues I've had with it were a broken windshield (when I first got it; a rock flew up and broke it) a broken fuel door latch; the door doesn't pop open like it should, and a rusted through muffler which I was able to get welded for $40 at a local shop. Nissan will charge you $800 to replace the whole muffler system (don't do it). I love how the Cube drives, it's comfortable on long trips, there's plenty of room, it has a nice sound system and visibility for me is really good. When I first got my Cube I would see other people in Cube's driving by and waving; it was like being a member of the Cube club. People have stopped me in grocery store parking lots to ask me if it's an ice cube or a toaster or where I got such a strange car. One redneck asked me if my car was an alien vehicle and my response was "I happen to like my car." So yeah, I really like my Cube.

I wanted to name it Tofu Cube!!

by Amy from California | July 23, 2013

I really do love this car because it's so unique and good on gas but there's been way too many problems and recalls. I've taken it back to the dealership for various problems at least 7 times since I bought it (August 2009). There was a problem with the drive shaft (or that's what they told me when my keys wouldn't start the car up; this happened only a couple MONTHS after I purchased the car), the transmission went out at around 35,000 miles, they wear tires out fast (I'm at roughly 65,000 miles and I'm on my 3rd set of tires; and I don't drive crazy, it's pretty impossible to drive recklessly in a Cube), plus there were at least 4 or 5 recalls on the Cube since I've had it. Another thing I didn't like is that it has no power. But other then these things, I love it. It's roomy and cute, the interior and exterior are really unique and I was lucky enough to get "leather" seats, which I think Cubes don't come with, I even "customized" mine with the checkered grill and the special color changing lighting for the front of the car. So all in all, I love this car, I just wish it didn't have so many problems.

Bad Transmission

by formercubeowner from Connecticut | May 29, 2013

I bought the cube in 2009. I enjoyed its quirky design. During the test drive I was sold on the car. I told the salesperson I was also looking at the Kia Soul. He said yeah, but you dont get the Nissan name...I agreed and bought the car. In 2013 the CVT transmission failed. I had 80,000 miles on the car. The car was covered under the extended warranty, (they know the transmissions are bad). When asked if the replacement transmissions were improved upon, I only was told they were rebuilt. No more Nissans for me , I will sell this car and get a Toyota or Honda.

Battery issues

by Been Cubed from SC | April 11, 2013

Bought as a family car, in most cases it suits the purpose, had it for 3 yrs now, 37,000 miles. One issue though is that the battery is weak, if engine is not running and radio/DVD is playing it will drain the battery very fast!! Have had to jump start it about every 4 months. I will be taking it in again to have it looked at. I have not heard anyone else I know with this problem. Other than this I get 31mpg average. Cargo area is fine but would like more room, surprisingly roomy interior.

AWESOME

by jaquelini from malden, Ma | October 26, 2012

the best expirence we ever had. i would recmmend anybody to come. i trayed my used car and they gave us a very good deal and also with getting us approved.

Great car!

by Froggie818 from Atlanta, Ga | September 11, 2012

The only thing I wish the Cube had was more power outlets. I only have one up front, and there isn't one for the rear of the vehicle. mycrappy Aveo even had two!

I love it.

by Granny from small town, NE Oregon | September 11, 2011

I don't remember when I first heard of the Cube, but I was enchanted by the kookiness of the look. Several months later I saw an ad in the paper about them being on sale in Beaverton, Oregon. I immediately drove to the lot and although the one that was on sale was sold out, I was able to get a good deal on another model and have enjoyed driving it ever since. I bought my Cube in fall of 2009 and have never been sorry. The attention it gets is delightful. Everyone wants to know what is it?, What kind of mileage? (which is low 30's). I tell them it drives like a truck and the best thing is how much room I have. I am 5' tall, but it is comfortable and I never bump my head entering it, which I cannot say about my former car. I love it!

The cube is cute, fun, and comfortable!

by Sarah from South Elgin, IL | July 3, 2011

I love my Nissan cube. The ride is comfortable and responsive. It's not a sports car or anything, but it's at least what I expected. Pick up is fine, but again, don't expect it to win any races. If you have a full load and the a/c on, it's pretty slow! But it gets fantastic gas mileage (about 30 mpg in town). It is very comfortable, the seat adjusts in many ways, and a TON of head room. Plenty of room for 4 adults, or 2 adults and 3 children. It would be cramped for 5 adults. LOTS of cargo room, especially since you can fold the two seat backs down in the back seat, plus you can slide the whole back seat forward. I have an iPod dock, but I had to get a special cord for that. The newer cars have usb connection, but the 2009 does not. Plus the iPod through the radio isn't very intuitive, but once you figure it out, it's fine. I LOVE being able to use the blue tooth through the radio. Yes, I LOVE my cube! Everyone who rides in it comments on how comfortable it is to ride in, too.

EASY IN EASY OUT

by RedRims from Euless, TX | April 11, 2011

I have a neurological disorder that makes it difficult for me to get in and out of most cars. I need to have the seat high enough that I can sit down without "dropping" into the seat, but low enough that I can just sit down without climbing up. I also need to sit high enough that my fanny is not below my knees. I am tall so I usually hit my head getting into a car. The Cube's door opening is large enough that I can turn my back to the seat and sit straight down without having to duck or twist around. I tried over 30 cars and this is the only one that worked for me. I am 6' 2" and 290 lbs. It sits wonderfully and is very comfortable. Getting in and out is extremely easy.

best city car

by city guy from Seattle, WA | January 20, 2011

when I read reviews of this car, it's almost all about the stick shift....times have changed people....Nissan's CVT auto is fantastic...the auto Cube is quick off the line, climbs hills like a goat and gets better gas mileage. The rear cargo with seats down has 60 cubic feet of hauling...enough for an old Xmas tree and 8 boxes of assorted stuff with room to spare! Also I bought and brought home a 40" tv in it. The deep well at the back holds maybe 8-10 bags of groceries, standing up.

Featured Services for this Nissan Cube