The Cube, which has been a hit in Japan for some time now, recently landed in the U.S. Competitors include the Scion xB and Kia Soul, as well as the Honda Fit and Jeep Patriot. All Cubes come with a standard electronic stability system and six airbags. Trim levels include the base, S, SL and Krom.
New for 2011
For 2011, a navigation system is now optional.
The Cube's tail features a rearward-jutting bumper. A wraparound window replaces the passenger-side exterior rear pillar, though there's a hidden pillar on the inside so it doesn't make for blind-spot-free sightlines. Exterior features include:
- Swing-out rear door, rather than liftgate
- Standard 15-inch steel wheels with plastic covers
- Optional 16-inch alloy wheels
- Standard black folding mirrors; body-colored mirrors on S, SL and Krom
- Optional rear spoiler
- Krom edition has bright chrome trim and unique wheels
Like the xB, the five-seat Cube sports some unorthodox styling. The dash has wavelike contours and the tachometer is white, but the speedometer fades to blue. "Water drop" accents include ripple effects in the headliner, cupholders and stereo speakers. Nissan says it styled the backseat after a sofa; the seats recline and move forward and backward. The seats also fold down, though they don't yield a flat load floor. There's a deep storage well behind the seats. Interior features include:
- Light gray or graphite interior color options
- Standard power windows and locks with remote keyless entry
- Optional keyless access with push-button start
- Standard manual air conditioning
- Optional automatic climate control
- USB/iPod-compatible stereo with steering-wheel audio controls on S, SL and Krom
- Optional upgraded Rockford Fosgate stereo
- Optional 5-inch navigation system with real-time traffic and backup camera
- Krom models have unique upholstery, ambient interior lighting, navigation system and Bluetooth connectivity
Under the Hood
There is one engine available for the Cube.
- 122-horsepower, 1.8-liter four-cylinder
- Standard six-speed manual transmission
- Optional continuously variable automatic transmission
Standard safety equipment includes:
- Electronic stability system
- Active front head restraints
- Seat-mounted side-impact airbags for the front seats and side curtain airbags for both rows
People Who Viewed this Car Also Viewed
Select up to three models to compare with the 2011 Nissan Cube.
Asking Price Range
Asking Price Range